Want to get stronger, can I do it at home ?

Deltafarce

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
im a little over 6’ and 200lbs right now, haven’t lifted in years. When I started Jiu-Jitsu about 8 years ago I was lifting and was much stronger, I weighed about 220 but my cardio was not good so I started focusing on Jiu-Jitsu and not lifting. Now I’m at a point where I want to be stronger bc guys at my level who are bigger than me out muscle me. I know technique goes a long way but I think technique and muscle would help.

I can’t afford a gym membership and Jiu-Jitsu sucks up all my free time. I think I could workout from home why kids are sleeping.

I only have a couple 45lb dumbbells but I could buy more stuff.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Google: infinite intensity or never gymless. Both by ross enamait.

You can find DL illegal copies online

Also.
Dragon door.
And a number of other gymnast sites for DIY.
Because i had a baby recently im moving i to low tech options. Love it so far.

You can push and pull against objects in your home too. Isometrics.

Last edited:
Yes! The ways already mentioned. But I would also add not all gym equipment is expensive.
I bought a double handed hex bar half price a couple of xmas's ago.
Look out for Xmas and January sales! You can get a five foot Olympic barbell for home use instead of the 7ft ones.

So u have two dumbbells...

U can do about 4 million things

yeah I'm in the same boat. any tips on a good bench to buy? i want to incline it and do back and torso stuff with dumb bells.

im a little over 6’ and 200lbs right now, haven’t lifted in years. When I started Jiu-Jitsu about 8 years ago I was lifting and was much stronger, I weighed about 220 but my cardio was not good so I started focusing on Jiu-Jitsu and not lifting. Now I’m at a point where I want to be stronger bc guys at my level who are bigger than me out muscle me. I know technique goes a long way but I think technique and muscle would help.

I can’t afford a gym membership and Jiu-Jitsu sucks up all my free time. I think I could workout from home why kids are sleeping.

I only have a couple 45lb dumbbells but I could buy more stuff.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Just with what you have , with bjj in mind.
Man makers
Db complexes
Unilateral leg work
Farmer's walks around the house
Pullups
Focus on leg,grip,pulling strength

get a sandbag. sand is super cheap. it builds alot of grappling strength

Buy the following:

pull up bar
resistance bands
bench
a set of adjustable dumbbells

That's literally all you need and you can get it all on Amazon. The dumbbells are the only thing that won't come cheap.

Watch this video and motivate ... Modern Amazon Warrior Hardcore Workout!

Back