War Room Awards 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WandyWiolentFan has always seemed very normal and reasonable in our many interactions over the years I've known him
@Banchan for unknown reasons always defended me from criticism after I left the forum years ago and always advocated for my return
@Zankou is a nice and super smart guy. Very good writer, insightful, always lays out his position very concisely
@SMEAC served his country in some of the most dangerous locations on Earth
@Oblivian was finally able to re rack the bar
@koolinkunming slayed a respectable amount of Asian tail

More as I think of them

giphy.gif

Yeah, I haven't kept up with the thread, so instead of reading the last 20 pages I figured I'd just ask. I guess the answer is I have to go back and read, but I'm not sure it's worth it.
It very much is imo. As I said, I never met this Luba guy before, but he's bringing the lulz (intentionally or not).

It very much is imo. As I said, I never met this Luba guy before, but he's bringing the lulz (intentionally or not).

Seems like a tall order just to weigh in on whether a poster is a doctor or not. From the few posts I read, it seems like there is a lot of history that I'm not privy to that is driving this debate.

Seems like a tall order just to weigh in on whether a poster is a doctor or not. From the few posts I read, it seems like there is a lot of history that I'm not privy to that is driving this debate.
Fair enough. I enjoyed the whole dog and pony show, though.

Everyone get your last bit of bitching in before the thread drops!

If you can do so with minimal effort, tell me at what post number this debacle beings at and I'll give it a read.
Post #1238 is where Luba makes his first sketchy claim, something about supervising higher ranked guys in the military. Fawlty was in the AF and calls him on it, eventually works around to Luba claiming he cruised through a top medical school with minimal effort because it's not hard and he's above average.
At one point, I think Gandhi gets to the heart of the thing. Taken alone, saying shit like you fought in smokers, supervised your military superiors, or aced med school half assed are maybe eyebrow raising, but put them all together and it becomes a pattern of bs. Again, I never met the guy before this thread and it was painfully obvious very quickly.

Post #1238 is where Luba makes his first sketchy claim, something about supervising higher ranked guys in the military. Fawlty was in the AF and calls him on it, eventually works around to Luba claiming he cruised through a top medical school with minimal effort because it's not hard and he's above average.
At one point, I think Gandhi gets to the heart of the thing. Taken alone, saying shit like you fought in smokers, supervised your military superiors, or aced med school half assed are maybe eyebrow raising, but put them all together and it becomes a pattern of bs. Again, I never met the guy before this thread and it was painfully obvious very quickly.

Thanks for the effort, I read a couple of pages and the discussion was a little too technical for me to weigh in. At least he seems like a nice guy. On a related note, wasn't it Bukowski that was caught fibbing about his illustrious armed fores career, and then went awol from the forum due to the shame of it all?

Thanks for the effort, I read a couple of pages and the discussion was a little too technical for me to weigh in. At least he seems like a nice guy. On a related note, wasn't it Bukowski that was caught fibbing about his illustrious armed fores career, and then went awol from the forum due to the shame of it all?
Ol Buk had a very, very rough go of it. What happened on this forum barely scratches the surface of what went on elsewhere.

In brief, some insecure people here have always hated on me and accused me of lying about work and academic stuff.

Last edited:
In brief, some insecure people here have always hated on me and accused me of lying about academic stuff and $$$. Most of it probably started around 10 years ago when I was making posts about making money from gaming, my business ventures, and tutoring college entrance exams. It would usually start with some pretty benign post of me offering advice or sharing something relevant to the discussion, and then morph into people jumping on me accusing me of lying. Pretty much like how it went down in this thread. I remember also making a pretty lengthy post describing how to graduate college in <6 months (something I did, and a topic I'm writing a book on right now), which was met with much hate. initially, I snapped photos of my scores, made videos of my logging into my business accounts to show the deposits, etc, but nothing was ever enough to satisfy people. I eventually gave up. I had utterly destroyed the MCAT I believe in 2007 and had gotten into an argument with Polynikes regarding medical school admission. He was struggling through the process, and I was just sharing with him my experiences. I had decided back then not to attend and was just tutoring the MCAT for big $/hour. A medical student back then named Daruckus337 made some stupid comments or challenge about how I could never get accepted to a US medical school, and almost on a whim, I decided to apply for that year. I was accepted virtually everywhere and offered scholarships, which is difficult to do for medical school. Some of these haters on Sherdog obviously didn't like this, and began cold calling medical schools, searching public records, calling names out of phone books, fishing for info about me on other websites, and trying their best to sabotage me. So I just asked for my account to be deleted, and I disappeared until my recent comeback.
Graduate college in 6 months? Surely you arent suggesting here that you can earn a 4 year degree from the ground up in 6 months.

Ol Buk had a very, very rough go of it. What happened on this forum barely scratches the surface of what went on elsewhere.

You've piqued my interest, but I think I'll let "Ol Buk" rest in peace without any further questions. Something tells me he still walks among us.

In brief, some insecure people here have always hated on me and accused me of lying about academic stuff and $$$. Most of it probably started around 10 years ago when I was making posts about making money from gaming, my business ventures, and tutoring college entrance exams. It would usually start with some pretty benign post of me offering advice or sharing something relevant to the discussion, and then morph into people jumping on me accusing me of lying. Pretty much like how it went down in this thread. I remember also making a pretty lengthy post describing how to graduate college in <6 months (something I did, and a topic I'm writing a book on right now), which was met with much hate. initially, I snapped photos of my scores, made videos of my logging into my business accounts to show the deposits, etc, but nothing was ever enough to satisfy people. I eventually gave up. I had utterly destroyed the MCAT I believe in 2007 and had gotten into an argument with Polynikes regarding medical school admission. He was struggling through the process, and I was just sharing with him my experiences. I had decided back then not to attend and was just tutoring the MCAT for big $/hour. A medical student back then named Daruckus337 made some stupid comments or challenge about how I could never get accepted to a US medical school, and almost on a whim, I decided to apply for that year. I was accepted virtually everywhere and offered scholarships, which is difficult to do for medical school. Some of these haters on Sherdog obviously didn't like this, and began cold calling medical schools, searching public records, calling names out of phone books, fishing for info about me on other websites, and trying their best to sabotage me. So I just asked for my account to be deleted, and I disappeared until my recent comeback.

You seem like a nice guy, and there's certainly a lot of pricks on here, but I don't have enough information or knowledge to weigh in on the veracity of your story, and it's nothing personal.

You seem like a nice guy, and there's certainly a lot of pricks on here, but I don't have enough information or knowledge to weigh in on the veracity of your story, and it's nothing personal.
Sounds like a very reasonable stance to take.
Facebook_logo_thumbs_up_like_transparent.png

Unstable? You mean like spending hours on Sherdog trying to convince people he's a doctor?

Lol. I remember that.

It was something like, "Look, I could easily (insert major, time consuming accomplishment here) easily... I just don't want to" sort of stuff.

So, it's new years eve, and I didn't manage to actually compile an actual list of nominees. I'll just wuss out and mention the people I'd most likely hang out with, and booze it up with at the WR bbq. All are sharp dudes I find myself being able to chat with effortlessly, even if we disagree.

@Kafir-kun , yeah he doesn't drink, yeah we don't always agree, but the guy is sharp, is always up for a good chat, and is a friendly smart ass who can agree to disagree.

@irish_thug , yeah, I've had my share of run ins with LEOs in another life, but we agree on most things, and I get the feeling he's a genuinely good guy.

@glennrod , quick to anger, quick to forgive, yeah, he's into hip hop, but is a genuine guy who just wants to figure things out.

@dontsnitch , reasonable, charitable poster, sharp sharp dude

@Cubo de Sangre , I imagine him making half his posts with a grin on his face. Funnier and smarter than gets credit for. The first time we talked I was half cut in the Ashley Madison thread and he had me chasing my tail until I said fuck it. Lol

@LionExMachina , sharp cat with a generous heart. First time I noticed him was when he offered to take one of our resident anti immigrant members out to Caribana to show him a good time. Respect.

@Gandhi , more left than me, but reasonable with a great sense of humor. Willing to just shoot the shit.

@Dr J , funny, funny dude. I see eye to eye with him more than most.

@JDragon , funnier, and less on the left than most give him credit for. Also a legit smart man.

I was going to include @ehtheist, but this is a social list, and given a few drinks she'd have me spinning in circles and second guessing wtf was going on. Lol

@KnightTemplar is a funny bastage who's also nerd like many of us, and we'd need a Scotsman to demonstrate rock throwing and how to post tiny pics.

Anyway, that's my "have a beer with" list. Jack, Pan, Lead, Arkain, and many many others are posters I also like reading for various reasons. For all the shit this sub forum gets, there are tons of intelligent people here who have helped me focus my thoughts and refine my stances on various issues.

Happy new year to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.