War Room Centrist Coalition - Roll Call!

Do you identify as a "centrist"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lmao, when getting your shit pushed in, cry that i'm derailing.

I'm actually the most on topic person in here. I don't think OP is a centrist, I think his definition of centrist is retarded, and the cringey ass memes in the OP combined with his glaring inability to see where his logic falls apart deserves ridicule.

Now dance monkeys, dance!
dg6oz.gif

My point exactly. That's who's on mine.

I've ignore listed a couple people, and it always made me feel wrong. It's always felt like a kind of weakness: as if I couldn't just read what someone said, and choose to not respond to it. I can't think of a good reason to ignore list @Trotsky. I mean, I haven't ignore listed Goonerview and I haven't ever learned a single thing from that poster.

I've ignore listed a couple people, and it always made me feel wrong. It's always felt like a kind of weakness: as if I couldn't just read what someone said, and choose to not respond to it. I can't think of a good reason to ignore list @Trotsky. I mean, I haven't ignore listed Goonerview and I haven't ever learned a single thing from that poster.

I endorse the lowest common denominator putting me on ignore. Then it means that I don't have to read their stupid shit when they quote me. It also confirms that they were so gotten to that they had to run away, but that's tertiary. :D

Lmao, when getting your shit pushed in, cry that i'm derailing.

I'm actually the most on topic person in here. I don't think OP is a centrist, I think his definition of centrist is retarded, and the cringey ass memes in the OP combined with his glaring inability to see where his logic falls apart deserves ridicule.

Now dance monkeys, dance!

Of course you think you are winning. But saying someone's thinking is retarded just shows you are not.

We get it. The OP is not a centrist because he voted for Bernie. And his idea of being centrist is retarded. Sadly, that has nothing to do with the actual thread of being centrist.

A centrist would not attack others as retarded. That's for the fanatics

If a poster does nothing but insult and call people retarded. I'm A OK with putting them on ignore

I endorse the lowest common denominator putting me on ignore. Then it means that I don't have to read their stupid shit when they quote me. It also confirms that they were so gotten to that they had to run away, but that's tertiary. :D

You don't even realize how childish you sound.

You and Trump have a lot in common

So we now know you can not call yourself a centrist if u ever vote for someone in the 2 parties

I’m a centrist, but a realistic one.

The democrats were in charge for damn near a decade, and proved they don’t give a shit about me. Now, I don’t think republicans give a shit either, but at least they don’t give handjobs to criminals and terrorists, and as a bonus, the economy is kicking ass, and America is headed in the right direction again.

Republicans are like a hemorrhoid. Democrats are like colon cancer. Until we have a legitimate 3rd option, I know which one I’d rather have.

But make no mistake, when y’all are ready to form the torch and pitchfork party, I’ll be right there.

The lowest common denominator usually calls others retarded

If he didn't dismantle the EPA and basically signal to the entire world he doesn't give a fuck about the environment, I would actually agree with you. The environment is my highest voting issue so him being a complete dumbass on that really turns me off from him.

I’m just going to state this once, as I’m not going through it for the 5th time here. Read my post history if you’re curious.

The epa isn’t doing what you think they’re doing. I’m all for the environment. I’m not for the epa being used as a strongarm tactic by crooked local politicians to do their bidding.

I had a buisiness (one among 30) or so which was raided by the epa. They threatened to kick my door in if I wasn’t there in 20 minutes. We were a fucking recording studio.

What is the epa doing raiding a recording studio???

That day was a big wake up call to me.

I used to think that way, but when you have a bunch of idiots saying the same thing or people who aren't on the level, what's the point of reading them? Once you start using it, you see that it makes the group so much better and it becomes natural to keep going.

Thank you, I guess? I'm not sure why I'm relevant to this conversation. But I don't recall you being particularly (or at all, really) far-right or reactionary, so I wouldn't expect that would grate you too much.

I only have two ignored posters, and I'm super glad I ignored them.

Thank you, I guess? I'm not sure why I'm relevant to this conversation. But I don't recall you being particularly (or at all, really) far-right or reactionary, so I wouldn't expect that would grate you too much.

I only have two ignored posters, and I'm super glad I ignored them.

He said you were on his ignore list. As for the bolded, as I specified I am a gay space communist. I'm just not sure why a centrist would go about ignoring mostly left wing posters, regardless of their quality, just because they might be meanies from time to time.

Doesn't seem so centery to me.

Let's dissect this.

Of course you think you are winning. But saying someone's thinking is retarded just shows you are not.

Saying someone's thinking is retarded just shows that he is not himself retarded?

We get it. The OP is not a centrist because he voted for Bernie. And his idea of being centrist is retarded. Sadly, that has nothing to do with the actual thread of being centrist.

Regardless of policy (I don't think DE's portfolio is all that coherent), just being a decent person that can appreciate social norms and acknowledge honesty could (and did) dispose many toward voting for Sanders, even if they were not doing so on ideological bases.

A centrist would not attack others as retarded.

LOL, yeah they would. Centrists are only marginally less likely than the far right to engage in that type of disparagement.

Centrists are, generally speaking, extremely norm-based political thinkers (as opposed to principle-based, party-based, ideology-based, etc.) and, as such, are extremely likely to reflexively dismiss novel ideas and new perspectives as something similar to "retarded" and fanatical.

Case-in-point: Der Eisbar vs. @Greoric . Greoric is an ideology-based poster, while DE is a reactionary centrist. Greoric is, by my appraisal, considerably farther right than DE. But you're far more likely to see DE used broad dismissals (Islam appeasers are retarded, transgendered sympathizers are insane, etc.).

He said you were on his ignore list. As for the bolded, as I specified I am a gay space communist. I'm just not sure why a centrist would go about ignoring mostly left wing posters, regardless of their quality, just because they might be meanies from time to time.

Doesn't seem so centery to me.

Lol, I have no idea what "gay space communist" means.

Also, to be fair to @Der Eisbär, I am particularly hard on him. I give posters like he, Devout Pessimist, and Viva far less intellectual berth than legitimately/objectively stupid posters like....well, I won't be mean.

In real life, I'm pretty moderate.

In the War room, I'm apparently a leftist (even though nobody seems to be able to tell me why).

Back