War Room Centrist Coalition - Roll Call!

Do you identify as a "centrist"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol, I have no idea what "gay space communist" means.

That automation will cause both the final crisis of capitalism, and super abundance thus necessitating the complete reordering of society. Humans, by this point, will be capable of deep space travel. It'll also be pretty gay.

Also, to be fair to @Der Eisbär, I am particularly hard on him. I give posters like he, Devout Pessimist, and Viva far less intellectual berth than legitimately/objectively stupid posters like....well, I won't be mean.

Devout is quite humorous. Especially in his ''I hate identity politics'' phase.

It's that damn centrism, it's so hot right now!

But to answer your question, no, I'm a gay space communist.

I_disagree_we_must_go_to_a_fully_automated_luxury__5e6466d8e77bc2391f2ad4829ab03c0d.jpg

Sign me up, comrade.

Trump vote confirmed.

Exactly.

Yet another right-winger too chickenshit to own the label. Most of his posts I see follow the usual mouth breather, conservative route: figure out what pisses off the liberals most... embrace that position strongly.

I'm a centrist and I find some of the extremist views I read round here to be deeply troubling.
Fuck is wrong with you people!

If you're lucky, you might catch DMF on a late night forum raid. He came through the boxing forum a couple of years ago with a post that read like slurred speech, handing out plats to the regulars.

@LogicalInsanity isn't that how you got yours?

Pretty much .

He then said, "LI , you are the best poster ever to have graced sherdog. I can't give you much, but here it is.:

Who ever is blindly loyal to one of the parties and votes without even questioning the candidates is a fucking moron and they are the problem with politics in this country

I’m a centrist, but a realistic one.

The democrats were in charge for damn near a decade, and proved they don’t give a shit about me.

Listen, Bob, I think you're a nice guy, so please do me the favor of answering this question.

The Democrats (08-16):
Dramatically improved your labor rights and protections against unjust employment action
Slowed the annual price growth of your healthcare
Increased food-health standards so that you wouldn't unknowingly ingest poison or feces
Extended healthcare to millions of people and banned discriminating on preexisting condition, all without increasing your taxes a cent but only increasing taxes on the top 1% of earners
Passed protections to stop greedy rich people from gambling with your retirement savings
Required financial advisors to actually be loyal to you/their clients
Stabilized the economy and ushered the longest sustained period of private job growth in US history
Established net neutrality to make sure telecom corporations couldn't artificially limit your access to information
Boosted fuel efficiency standards so your environment was cleaner and gas bill was cheaper
Restrained the ability of private lenders to trick you out of your money, collecting thousand of dollars of interested on small loans
Halved homelessness in the veteran community
Improved access to overtime pay by workers on annual salaries who were being worked for sub-minimum wage

Now, can you explain to me how the Trump-era Republicans have demonstrated that they care for you more than corporations?
Because they have, in all of those areas (safety, corporate responsibility, employment rights, healthcare) so far tried or had success in siding with corporations' profits over your livelihood.

I'm curious as to who identifies as a centrist in the war room. Maybe you're left or right leaning but disavow the GOP or democrats because their platforms and positions don't actually support your left or right leaning stance.

At this point I am not sure how anyone that identifies as a conservative can support the GOP and Donald Trump. When

I am also not sure how liberals can support the democrats. They completely sold themselves out during the 2016 election and embraced radical identity politics with Hillary Clinton while shitting on Bernie who represents old school working class democratic values.

So who's a centrist? Real :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: roll call!

left-right-radical-centrist-alt-centrism-when-14517515.png

tumblr_inline_ox3y76PA2b1rxfzwl_540.png

ohw5ywxwy7001.jpg

76018493.jpg
I'm curious as to who identifies as a centrist in the war room. Maybe you're left or right leaning but disavow the GOP or democrats because their platforms and positions don't actually support your left or right leaning stance.

At this point I am not sure how anyone that identifies as a conservative can support the GOP and Donald Trump. When did conservatism stop representing fiscal responsibility? Why are "fiscal conservatives" okay with ramping up military spending by tens of billions of dollars? Why are "social conservatives" willing to give a pass to a new york billionaire that has been a degenerate his entire life?

I am also not sure how liberals can support the democrats. They completely sold themselves out during the 2016 election and embraced radical identity politics with Hillary Clinton while shitting on Bernie who represents old school working class democratic values.

So who's a centrist? Real :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: roll call!

left-right-radical-centrist-alt-centrism-when-14517515.png

tumblr_inline_ox3y76PA2b1rxfzwl_540.png

ohw5ywxwy7001.jpg

76018493.jpg

Pretty much agree with most of what is written here.

Last edited:
In real life, I'm pretty moderate.

In the War room, I'm apparently a leftist (even though nobody seems to be able to tell me why).

No but seriously, in real life I'm very much like you , a moderate /centrist.

Admittedly , being in the leftist hub does trigger me...

But so does far right loony shit as well..

And yea, my colleagues weren't thrilled with me when I said I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton ...

Exactly.

Yet another right-winger too chickenshit to own the label. Most of his posts I see follow the usual mouth breather, conservative route: figure out what pisses off the liberals most... embrace that position strongly.
Lmaooo. You don't know my positions on anything, at all. Lmfao @ "everyone who makes fun of me must be a Trump voter". This is why I do what I do. The left has gotten so hyper emotional that triggering them is the greatest of past times. Yeah, I'm a vegan environmentalist and definitely a Trump voter. REEEEEEE

@Der Eisbär

These labels are slippery.

I’d probably be labeled fairly centrist on most issues in most of the world.

But my most important political belief currently is universal healthcare... that alone makes me a “left wing progressive” on the American political spectrum... even though it it taken as granted by the rest of the civilized world.

Last edited:
He said you were on his ignore list. As for the bolded, as I specified I am a gay space communist. I'm just not sure why a centrist would go about ignoring mostly left wing posters, regardless of their quality, just because they might be meanies from time to time.

Doesn't seem so centery to me.
I don't care about people being mean. I care when people contribute nothing to actual dialogue and devolve into shit posters operating on pure shitposting, like what falsedawn has done in this thread. I was trying to actually talk to him; pointing out where I thought he was wrong and why, and all he could do was spam a gif and devolve into sarcasm. It's at that point that I ignore people.

Most of the right wing posters who's ideas I challenge don't do this sort of thing. They disagree with me, and they will actually engage in dialogue and try to explain their position. That's why it's mostly leftists on my ignore list.

I don't see how making a cake for a gay couple is in anyway violating their religion

If they are that sensitive to that issue they shouldn't open the store

If it was truly a religious issue they would have been asking questions of all the customers like have you been divorced, do you engage in premarital sex etc etc
If they asked that as well would you be okay with refusing service?

No but seriously, in real life I'm very much like you , a moderate /centrist.

Admittedly , being in the leftist hub does trigger me...

But so does far right loony shit as well..

And yea, my colleagues weren't thrilled with me when I said I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton ...

For as much as we argue, we often aren't that far apart on things. The things that bother us are different, our reactions are different, but if we sat down and sculpted a policy, I really don't think we'd have that much trouble.

I’m just going to state this once, as I’m not going through it for the 5th time here. Read my post history if you’re curious.

The epa isn’t doing what you think they’re doing. I’m all for the environment. I’m not for the epa being used as a strongarm tactic by crooked local politicians to do their bidding.

I had a buisiness (one among 30) or so which was raided by the epa. They threatened to kick my door in if I wasn’t there in 20 minutes. We were a fucking recording studio.

What is the epa doing raiding a recording studio???

That day was a big wake up call to me.
That is weird. But I'm not sure why your One anecdote indicates the entire macro stance of the epa

Back