War Room Civilization game?

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sup Sherbros, I'm day drinking and having a very chill Saturday including trying to figure out the new mechanics of Civ 6. I know I've made Civ references before in the meme thread and gotten some love here so there's some WR regulars who play at least. We all have our own ideas of what different countries should be doing politically, so how about we start a game up and see who can lead the greatest Civilization on a karate subforum?

My steam name is 1amoreland if you want to join a WR game, need an extra player to join your own (I've played the shit out of Civ 3, 4, and 5 but am extremely green towards 6 at the moment and have never played mulitplayer before so I'll probably get my ass kicked but have fun in the process (just like getting back to jiu jitusu after gaining 40 pounds off a knee tear!)) or just want someone to get nuked back to the middle ages by Ghandi with instead of being a loner with no friends playing against nothing but AI like I normally do

Add me as a friend or send a PM here. Mods, pls don't dump. This thread will vanish quickly without replies I'm sure and I've been here for years so deserve to make a drunk off topic thread this once

273.jpg

Haven't gotten civ 6 yet but I like this idea.

Haven't gotten civ 6 yet but I like this idea.

My civ 5 copy I pirated cause I was in college and broke, so I haven't linked it to me steam account or I'd offer that as an option as I bet at this point there's still more 5 players than 6. Really loving the new mechanics 6 has introduced though. 6 just released their first expansion pack, so the base version is on 50% sale and there's also a bundle if you want the expansion. I'd recommend it if you're bored getting through the end of winter

I call Arabia.

Know that this is the face of your demise
latest

I saw that there is an updated Age of Empires Definitive Edition for Windows 10, those games were lots of fun.

My civ 5 copy I pirated cause I was in college and broke, so I haven't linked it to me steam account or I'd offer that as an option as I bet at this point there's still more 5 players than 6. Really loving the new mechanics 6 has introduced though. 6 just released their first expansion pack, so the base version is on 50% sale and there's also a bundle if you want the expansion. I'd recommend it if you're bored getting through the end of winter
It's not on sale anymore :(

Anyways, I have a fuckhuge library to get through as it is.

I call Arabia.

Know that this is the face of your demise
latest

Send me a friend request and let’s try one out if serious

It's not on sale anymore :(

Anyways, I have a fuckhuge library to get through as it is.

That bites. It pops up on sale often enough definitey don’t pay full price. And Civ is really the only game I play other than a few casually on the switch when I travel for work and have a plane ride to kill.

I'll could commit to some weekend games of Civ 5 (haven't gotten into 6 at all yet). Have never played a multiplayer though.

*Age of Empires II player walks away, looking down, kicking the dirt*.......

I'll could commit to some weekend games of Civ 5 (haven't gotten into 6 at all yet). Have never played a multiplayer though.

Shoot. This what I'm looking for. Yeah, just some super casual Saturday or Sunday afternoon games. As mentioned earlier, my Civ 5 copy isn't legit, so I can't link to steam to play multiplayer or I'll get shut down. Let me know if 6 goes on a sale and you decide to pick it up. I've only put 8 hours into it so far (according to steam) but the adjustments definitely tilt it again towards realism and give more strategic options for different types of players it seems. Would be fun to play with you (pun maybe? intended)

I just got buttfucked by the barbarians in the 30 minutes I've been playing here, so I need to adjust my whole "don't give a shit about military until swordsman" strategy. That worked out well enough for me in 5

I like Crusader Kings 2 better. Then I could literally fuck your mother and throw you in gulag.

Just played a civ 5 One City Challenge w/Babylon and got a turn 309 (1878) science victory. I normally science victory with 4 cities around turn 280, so that felt pretty good.

I played a Civ 5 game where the Barbarians took over half the world.

Good idea! I've played a couple of turns on CIV 6 (the new expansion as well) but @Kafir-kun stole Saladin. It's the best CIV because late in the game, you can easily change from the different winning strategies (science, religious etc).

Now, if there only was any free time for it :(

Back