War Room Civilization game?

you don't 'need' to expand

I played a 5 city strat and won easy
just focused on tech and bunkered down
it makes for faster gameplay (but kinda boring)
Yeah "need" is probably overstating it, it's just super advantageous. The late game does seem like it's going to be really boring compared to the early game- which is pretty great imo. I'm guessing I'll burn out on this game kinda quick even though it has a ton of really interesting changes.

you don't 'need' to expand

I played a 5 city strat and won easy
just focused on tech and bunkered down
it makes for faster gameplay (but kinda boring)

hi the Last Samurai,

are you saying, 5 cities and you win with science or something?

i've opened with five cities, but eventually i'm going to try to wipe a neighbor or two.

- IGIT

Yeah "need" is probably overstating it, it's just super advantageous. The late game does seem like it's going to be really boring compared to the early game- which is pretty great imo. I'm guessing I'll burn out on this game kinda quick even though it has a ton of really interesting changes.

ahoy Fawlty,

turtling for the entire game can be kinda boring, though.

also - there really is no way to finish with a high score if you just go five cities. if you just sit there with your five cities, behind walls, inside a castle, with rocket launchers and anti air to defend...lol...someone is out there inhaling 1/2 of the planet.

your culture will be really low too. i mean, five cities is five cities. you can build a broadcast tower in every city - its still just five cities.

- IGIT

hi the Last Samurai,

are you saying, 5 cities and you win with science or something?

i've opened with five cities, but eventually i'm going to try to wipe a neighbor or two.

- IGIT

I'm saying I stayed at 5
just for shits and giggles
I razed everything else

ahoy Fawlty,

turtling for the entire game can be kinda boring, though.

also - there really is no way to finish with a high score if you just go five cities. if you just sit there with your five cities, behind walls, inside a castle, with rocket launchers and anti air to defend...lol...someone is out there inhaling 1/2 of the planet.

your culture will be really low too. i mean, five cities is five cities. you can build a broadcast tower in every city - its still just five cities.

- IGIT
In civ 5 or 6?

I like to turtle in civ 5 even if I'm playing for culture. You can get tons of culture/tourism on just 3 cities with the right policies and wonders. Especially if you play Brazil, it can get filthy.

No idea how culture works in civ 6 yet, still playing my first game lol.

Bump for elevance

I've finally managed to finish a few games of 6 and kinda know what I'm supposed to do. Would be down for a WR game this weekend or next.

Bump for elevance

I've finally managed to finish a few games of 6 and kinda know what I'm supposed to do. Would be down for a WR game this weekend or next.

I’d be free Sunday after church (central time) or possibly Saturday late afternoon/evening. Have a busy day til 3 planned but don’t know what’s after that

teh bump for interest, there is a semi-sorta-regular game now w/3 of us

We even fucked up Ghandi and won our first playthrough
Ghandi is a can. I found that I like multiplayer a lot more than solo in this game. Usually not big on multiplayer but for whatever reason civ 6 is great for it.

Ghandi is a can. I found that I like multiplayer a lot more than solo in this game. Usually not big on multiplayer but for whatever reason civ 6 is great for it.

To be fair, we pre-emptively took him out before at the technological time period for nukes. That would have changed things for him

Agreed multiplayer with you and @Shoemaker is by far more fun than my solo games have been. Haven't done multi on any past gens to tell if there's something special about 6 that makes it that way or not though

Would love to add more Sherbros to the party

To be fair, we pre-emptively took him out before at the technological time period for nukes. That would have changed things for him

Agreed multiplayer with you and @Shoemaker is by far more fun than my solo games have been. Haven't done multi on any past gens to tell if there's something special about 6 that makes it that way or not though

I still haven't gotten six, but MP spices up a lot of slower paced strategy games.

You guys playing civ6 right? Im down

Just got civ 6.

When we playing?

Civ 6 is hot garbage.

ahoy hktl,

i have a great deal of trouble adjusting to each new CIV. it takes me years to embrace new versions.

sooner or later, though, i'm going to check out the ipad verson.

sixty bucks, i think.

- IGIT

hiya Fawlty,

multiplayer must be rough.

i mean, without the AI (which makes very strange decisions in engagements) mucking things up, i do not see how two people couldn't take out any particular player they choose.

this is particularly true in early and mid game, don't you agree?

- IGIT

hiya Fawlty,

multiplayer must be rough.

i mean, without the AI (which makes very strange decisions in engagements) mucking things up, i do not see how two people couldn't take out any particular player they choose.

this is particularly true in early and mid game, don't you agree?

- IGIT
So far we've been doing a human team vs a couple of AI teams, and that seems to work out well. I've heard that in free-for-alls, the early game is nasty. Haven't tried myself, I imagine you're right. Cities have no defense early game in VI.

Back