War Room Civilization game?

So far we've been doing a human team vs a couple of AI teams, and that seems to work out well. I've heard that in free-for-alls, the early game is nasty. Haven't tried myself, I imagine you're right. Cities have no defense early game in VI.

ahoy Fawlty,

i like the idea of FFA, as opposed to comp stomping. the problem with doing it in a game like CIV is i'd have to know that we'd be playing alot.

if we just play once or twice a year, the temptation to backstab would be very, very strong. while that would kind of imitate real life (since you only go around once), in a game i'd want plenty of opportunities to repay the favor in the near future.

*ponders*

if i may speak coarsely, for a just a moment; i already get very, very pissed when Japan just fucks with me, endlessly, for centuries. like, i start to hate the animation for Japan. i spend my lunch and idle hours at work thinking about how and when i'm going to decimate the fucking Japanese.

if it was one of you guys, i think it might enrage me. that's ok. its ok to be enraged.

but "enraged" without "payback" is no fun at all. we'd have to play often.

how could you attack Ghandi? he's a good guy. i don't trust you.

- IGIT

ahoy Fawlty,

i like the idea of FFA, as opposed to comp stomping. the problem with doing it in a game like CIV is i'd have to know that we'd be playing alot.

if we just play once or twice a year, the temptation to backstab would be very, very strong. while that would kind of imitate real life (since you only go around once), in a game i'd want plenty of opportunities to repay the favor in the near future.

*ponders*

if i may speak coarsely, for a just a moment; i already get very, very pissed when Japan just fucks with me, endlessly, for centuries. like, i start to hate the animation for Japan. i spend my lunch and idle hours at work thinking about how and when i'm going to decimate the fucking Japanese.

if it was one of you guys, i think it might enrage me. that's ok. its ok to be enraged.

but "enraged" without "payback" is no fun at all. we'd have to play often.

how could you attack Ghandi? he's a good guy. i don't trust you.

- IGIT
Post is gold.

Right now it's me, hockeybjj and shoemaker. We have tried to play about once a week, but scheduling is tough some weeks. If we had a fourth I think a FFA could be fun.

Post is gold.

Right now it's me, hockeybjj and shoemaker. We have tried to play about once a week, but scheduling is tough some weeks. If we had a fourth I think a FFA could be fun.

ahoy Fawlty,

i'll check it out. i'd like to get back into CIV, i still love the game.

at the moment, i'm pushing rating for 3vs3 arena in Warcraft. my paladin is OP, but is about to be nerfed to smithereens later this summer, so i gotta make hay while the sun shines.

- IGIT

ahoy Fawlty,

i'll check it out. i'd like to get back into CIV, i still love the game.

at the moment, i'm pushing rating for 3vs3 arena in Warcraft. my paladin is OP, but is about to be nerfed to smithereens later this summer, so i gotta make hay while the sun shines.

- IGIT
Civ 6 is 17$ on steam right now, fwiw.

I'd be down for an FFA after getting my feet wet.

Civ 6 is 17$ on steam right now, fwiw.

I'd be down for an FFA after getting my feet wet.

ahoy Quipling,

kk, thanks!

that's like, for free. i'm getting it, though i won't be able to fool around with it 'til next week. sixteen is a steal.

if you spawn next to Fawlty, watch out. build on hills. behind mountains. get archers.

- IGIT

ahoy Quipling,

kk, thanks!

that's like, for free. i'm getting it, though i won't be able to fool around with it 'til next week. sixteen is a steal.

if you spawn next to Fawlty, watch out. build on hills. behind mountains. get archers.

- IGIT
Lies, I'm passive aggressive in Civ, so spawning next to me is a pure cooperative joy until I find out your wincon.

Lies, I'm passive aggressive in Civ, so spawning next to me is a pure cooperative joy until I find out your wincon.

hi again Fawlty,

my failsafe for countries governed by sneaky folks like yourself, is to just tech to nukes. i won't rush that build, but i'll have'm ready. not alot, just...hmmmf. just two of them would do.

it would be a "if you hit me, ok, i won't win...but you won't win either" kinda scenario.

at that point, i'd expect the maturity of your years to assert itself, and you'd refrain from hitting me.

i might make 3 nukes.

- IGIT

edit - if you mass at my borders, i'm just going to launch, preemptively. i've decided to do that. :D

edit - if you mass at my borders, i'm just going to launch, preemptively. i've decided to do that. :D

Civ 6 AI finally learned. I had 6 swordsman sitting on the border of my nearest neighbor ready to attack once my battering ram caught up. They didn’t even do the “I hope they’re just passing through” message. They declared war on me first (were able to blame me so I took warmonger penalty), sent horsemen looping around my swordswall, and I had to split my force to hunt them down before they got to my closest city. I was super frustrated but also begrudgingly impressed.

Civ 6 AI finally learned. I had 6 swordsman sitting on the border of my nearest neighbor ready to attack once my battering ram caught up. They didn’t even do the “I hope they’re just passing through” message. They declared war on me first (were able to blame me so I took warmonger penalty), sent horsemen looping around my swordswall, and I had to split my force to hunt them down before they got to my closest city. I was super frustrated but also begrudgingly impressed.

hiya HockeyBjj,

*blinks*

that's a new thing, for sure. that's interesting.

in civ 5, i'd build a road first, right to the border. so i'd only have a worker out there. then i'd transition quickly to the front line and into enemy territory.

- IGIT

I have a friend who just got into the civ series and the AI has played her with the old "just moving these troops around, don't worry about proximity to your cities."

I have a friend who just got into the civ series and the AI has played her with the old "just moving these troops around, don't worry about proximity to your cities."

Lies. No one who is both a sherdogger and plays computer games to take over the world talks to girls

Yo! So my wife was absolutely awesome and got me the Gathering Storm expansion for Valentine's day. (I sent her flowers at work and grilled nice steaks for out dinner with a nice bottle of wine then gave her the business. Yes I am drunk at the moment.)

Any of you have such amazing ladies in your life? @Fawlty @Quipling @Shoemaker? I'll be gone ice fishing this weekend, trying for some lake trout in Wisconsin, but I'll be back Sunday evening if anyone wants to play with someone playing as a hard right republican pretending climate change doesn't exist lol

To anyone else, Civ 6 base and the rise and fall expansion are like 75% off right now on Steam. This is your chance to get on board with taking over the world with me.

Last edited:
Yo! So my wife was absolutely awesome and got me the Gathering Storm expansion for Valentine's day. (I sent her flowers at work and grilled nice steaks for out dinner with a nice bottle of wine then gave her the business. Yes I am drunk at the moment.)

Any of you have such amazing ladies in your life? @Fawlty @Quipling @Shoemaker? I'll be gone ice fishing this weekend, trying for some lake trout in Wisconsin, but I'll be back Sunday evening if anyone wants to play with someone playing as a hard right republican pretending climate change doesn't exist lol

To anyone else, Civ 6 base and the rise and fall expansion are like 75% off right now on Steam. This is your chance to get on board with taking over the world with me.

My wife is pretty awesome but she didn't buy me the expansion for Valentines day. I'll get it tonight for Sunday.

Anyone else in this garbage pit willing to play?

I still play my civilization revolution game on Xbox from time to time. Such a great game

Post is gold.

What's civilization?

I'm pretty good at Risk ?1?

What's civilization?

I'm pretty good at Risk ?1?

Global strategy game where you start with a dude with a club and 1 city, grow and expand your empire and go up through the sciences to modern age and beyond. Can win by just taking over the whole world, or also science victory settling on Mars or culture or religious victory

Not sure if it's over, but the base game of Civ 6 was on sale for like 75% off if you wanted to check it out. They even had a free to play thing going on for a couple days before their new expansion release

Global strategy game where you start with a dude with a club and 1 city, grow and expand your empire and go up through the sciences to modern age and beyond. Can win by just taking over the whole world, or also science victory settling on Mars or culture or religious victory

Not sure if it's over, but the base game of Civ 6 was on sale for like 75% off if you wanted to check it out. They even had a free to play thing going on for a couple days before their new expansion release

Oh, so basically Clash of Clans

Back