War room lounge v.9 Wake up it's time to go now, wake up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this Senri thing have a BBFD?

You can't avoid the joining of The Nexus Mr Ghandi. The more you resist the painful the sliding becomes, the oscillations just makes the process a discomforting endeavor. There is only acceptance of what is already inside of you. Become the arbiter you are meant to be...

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/05/06/free-market-defenders-of-tech-giants-are-wrong/

This is currently the most-commented trending article at Breitbart. The author is Allum Bokhari. It's an opinion piece about Republicans' capitulation to the tech giants in the name of free-market ideology. The author is a Bannonist Trump supporter. He argues for increased regulation of the Silicon Valley monopolies.

Excerpt:

None of these free market geniuses have grasped that Google and Facebook aren’t just monopolies (any first-grade economics teacher can tell you that a market dominated by monopolies is not “free”), they are unique in the vast power they have over the flow of information. No other organization in history has had the power to shape opinion, control public discourse, and influence democratic voters.

Political realignment is proceeding seamlessly, @Jack V Savage. It cannot be stopped. @senri. Will tribalism prevent us from uniting to stop Silicon Valley from subjugating us?

Don’t expect legacy conservatives to understand.... Armed with slogans from the 1980s, they’re still fighting the battles of a bygone era. They have abdicated the fight against the masters of the universe. But that doesn’t mean the rest of us should.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/05/06/free-market-defenders-of-tech-giants-are-wrong/

This is currently the most-commented trending article at Breitbart. The author is Allum Bokhari. It's an opinion piece about Republicans' capitulation to the tech giants in the name of free-market ideology. The author is a Bannonist Trump supporter. He argues for increased regulation of the Silicon Valley monopolies.

Excerpt:

None of these free market geniuses have grasped that Google and Facebook aren’t just monopolies (any first-grade economics teacher can tell you that a market dominated by monopolies is not “free”), they are unique in the vast power they have over the flow of information. No other organization in history has had the power to shape opinion, control public discourse, and influence democratic voters.

Political realignment is proceeding seamlessly, @Jack V Savage. It cannot be stopped. @senri. Will tribalism prevent us from uniting to stop Silicon Valley from subjugating us?

Don’t expect legacy conservatives to understand.... Armed with slogans from the 1980s, they’re still fighting the battles of a bygone era. They have abdicated the fight against the masters of the universe. But that doesn’t mean the rest of us should.

Bannonism, to the extent that it could be argued as containing a centrist regulatory component, was the only good thing about the Trump platform.

But I think the Breitbart morons are probably still a ways away from caring about, let alone meaningfully understanding, economic or regulatory policy. Their unqualified support of Trump's commandeering of Reaganomics-Ultra kind of sealed that. You members of the right who aren't complete morons really don't have much of a leg to stand on in your calls to arms.

Excerpt:

Seamlessly? You realize that Trump's only significant legislation was just something that W did, right? And despite his promises not to cut entitlements, he was prepared to sign massive cuts to Medicaid to finance a tax cut for rich investors?

And the only thing new about the GOP's "court the Breitbart crowd and deliver to the Davos crowd" strategy is the terminology. Here's LBJ more than 50 years ago:

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Let's wait until a single Republican senator is willing to raise taxes on the wealthy or strengthen the safety net before we say that the party is seamlessly transitioning into something new.

Last edited:
Snapchat looks tempting to me. Reminds me of when I declared Twitter dead and it roared back. It has been taking it on the chin lately but I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it. Earnings report destroyed it. lol

SNAP.png

@Jack V Savage

There is also multiple levels of controversy too. People are mad at the depictions of gun violence in the video and are crying about it.

At the same time it's trending #1 on youtube just about everywhere in the world except the United States because of the depictions of gun violence and they took it off the trending list...

Snapchat looks tempting to me. Reminds me of when I declared Twitter dead and it roared back. It has been taking it on the chin lately but I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it. Earnings report destroyed it. lol

SNAP.png

Dude that snapchat premium whoring is going to save them big time now that you can't whore on craigslist anymore.

What don't you get about it?

#1 It's a banger

#2 It's a pretty sweet dance video

#3 It's saying some stuff about guns and race and death, etc

Everyone's raving about it. Seems musically blah to me, and I don't really get the lyrics. I like Atlanta (the show and the city) and I was a big fan of 30 Rock, plus I think the name "Childish Gambino" is funny. So I'm thinking I must be missing something.

Everyone's raving about it. Seems musically blah to me, and I don't really get the lyrics. I like Atlanta (the show and the city) and I was a big fan of 30 Rock, plus I think the name "Childish Gambino" is funny. So I'm thinking I must be missing something.

I know we're getting old now Jack, but some music isn't about the lyrics anymore.

It's about the sound.

IMO, the sound is telling us about America. The upbeat guitar rif and singing is the ideal America separated by gunshots and the real America.

I don't get it.

Been hearing a lot about this.

The environment around him is chaos, the dances and beats is embedded in mainstream cultural black youth, the beats are from a sub genre of rap called "trap music". The back and forth between the random shooting and the upbeat dances is displayed as a means to distract the viewer from the apparent violence that is occurring around him. The violence juxtaposed with this fact desensitizes the viewer to the onslaught of nonsensical violence that goes around them. Be happy play to the beat so long as the chaos reigns supreme outside of the self.

I can’t see why anyone would want to listen to it more than once.

But hearing it now makes me feel lucky to live in Hawaii.

You wouldn't understand anyway you're Canadian.

I understand that you thought it was "deep", and were heartbroken when Jack didn't even get the big deal about it.

"So many layers man. People are talking about the graphic violence n' stuff. Like, some like it, and some don't. So many layers, man...so deep..."

I understand that you thought it was "deep", and were heartbroken when Jack didn't even get the big deal about it.

"So many layers man. People are talking about the graphic violence n' stuff. Like, some like it, and some don't. So many layers, man...so deep..."

He really didn't seem heartbroken in the least. Don't be such a drama queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back