War room lounge v.9 Wake up it's time to go now, wake up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you pick Werdum? I threw a "what the hell" bet on him, but I thought he was a major longshot. I think the outcome was definitely somewhat fluky.

No, I only got into sports betting for a short while years ago. Sites were shady. I remember I lost money on Sean Salmon. He actually looked decent against Rashad before that KO. lol. I thought he could be a mid level guy and picked him against Belcher. I had some money on Herring in the 3rd Nog fight. Just money I had left over from previous losses. Like 100. Herring was 6-1 underdog or more. I didn't think he had a chance. He almost finished Nog in that fight. That dumb ass. I was furious. lol. I understand not wanting to go to the ground with Nog but there was only a few seconds left in the round.

thnogm.gif

he almost eeked out a decision based on that I think. That was the first time Nog was dropped in the UFC I think. It meant something then.

Rewatching Calzaghe vs Lacy is, well... holy shit talk about an ass kicking and high output of punches

he almost eeked out a decision based on that I think. That was the first time Nog was dropped in the UFC I think. It meant something then.

That was the fight that convinced me that Nog was nearing the cliff. Then he looked absolutely horrible against Sylvia, and people were like, "that's what he does," and I was thinking that that was crazy. He's a great fighter so you can't count him out even when he's struggling, but at his best, he was winning fights from beginning to end. I predicted after the Sylvia fight that Nog would lose to someone unexpected within his next three fights. I didn't think Mir would be the guy, but I said before that one that people were way underestimating his chances.

BTW, that's the origin of the Mir Defense League (there actually was as group of posters who called themselves that) having a grudge against me. After Mir's win, my thinking was, "yeah, that's what I thought. Nog is done." While to those guys, it was, "well, Mir wasn't in the top 15, but he beat Nog so now he's the second-best HW in the world." And then when Mir got destroyed by Lesnar, they were like, "well, now Lesnar is the second-best HW in the world, and Mir is third." I was like, "this is not how you rate fighters, people!" And they were all, "why do you HATE Mir and Brock?" Good times.

That was the fight that convinced me that Nog was nearing the cliff. Then he looked absolutely horrible against Sylvia, and people were like, "that's what he does," and I was thinking that that was crazy. He's a great fighter so you can't count him out even when he's struggling, but at his best, he was winning fights from beginning to end. I predicted after the Sylvia fight that Nog would lose to someone unexpected within his next three fights. I didn't think Mir would be the guy, but I said before that one that people were way underestimating his chances.

BTW, that's the origin of the Mir Defense League (there actually was as group of posters who called themselves that) having a grudge against me. After Mir's win, my thinking was, "yeah, that's what I thought. Nog is done." While to those guys, it was, "well, Mir wasn't in the top 15, but he beat Nog so now he's the second-best HW in the world." And then when Mir got destroyed by Lesnar, they were like, "well, now Lesnar is the second-best HW in the world, and Mir is third." I was like, "this is not how you rate fighters, people!" And they were all, "why do you HATE Mir and Brock?" Good times.

Ha, Heavyweight was such mess in the Lesnar years, not that it's really much better now, just replace Nog with Overeem. Curtis Blaydes #1 contender? Yikes.

I've won bigger bets (Fedor v. Bigfoot), but the one that meant the most was conning 4 of my friends out of 10 bucks in Cain v. Lesnar. I've never been so confident.

@Jack V Savage

Which bookie(s) do you bet with?

Online I use Bovada mostly. BetUS has worse options and odds, but I've always found it easier to deposit to, plus I like their payout (they give you a card that you can just transfer to), and they occasionally call with some good offers.

Ha, Heavyweight was such mess in the Lesnar years, not that it's really much better now, just replace Nog with Overeem. Curtis Blaydes #1 contender? Yikes.

I've won bigger bets (Fedor v. Bigfoot), but the one that meant the most was conning 4 of my friends out of 10 bucks in Cain v. Lesnar. I've never been so confident.

I wasn't super confident, but I thought Cain should have been a clear favorite, and he was the underdog. So easy decision to bet on that one.

And, yeah, seemed obvious that the UFC was trying to avoid getting drawn into bidding wars and substitute propaganda for actually pursuing the top talent in the division. It was an insult that they were trying to push mid-level guys like Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, and Gonzaga as elite HWs while insisting that Werdum, Fedor, Arlovski, Barnett, Overeem and others were bums.

Last edited:
Online I use Bovada mostly. BetUS has worse options and odds, but I've always found it easier to deposit to, plus I like their payout (they give you a card that you can just transfer to), and they occasionally call with some good offers.

I wasn't super confident, but I think Cain should have been a clear favorite, and he was the underdog. So easy decision to bet on that one.

And, yeah, seemed obvious that the UFC was trying to avoid getting drawn into bidding wars and substitute propaganda for actually pursuing the top talent in the division. It was an insult that they were trying to push mid-level guys like Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, and Gonzaga as elite HWs while insisting that Werdum, Fedor, Arlovski, Barnett, Overeem and others were bums.

Having all that talent in one place would have been amazing, one of the more compelling "what if?" scenarios. I think Fedor would have met his end eventually, but he's at least a small favorite in pretty much every one of those fights. Of the original UFC weight classes, I think the HW belt is the least important to me. I'm just rarely compelled from a competitive standpoint like I was for years at LW-WW and LHW.

lol. One of the funniest ones was Roy Nelson vs Stipe. Vcash days. We would parlay such stupid shit like:

Nelson Wins
Nelson Wins by ko/tko
Nelson ITD.

Compound that into a bullshit parlay and we are all gonna make bank when Nelson knocks this guy out cuz that is what is gonna happen. It was a close year and the top guys were depending on this fight and everyone was jumping on that Nelson parlay. I remember Jester saying something like his season depends on Roy Nelson's right hand. Then Stipe totally schooled him. lol. We thought we were so clever making that parlay.

Oh, and hopefully sports gambling will be legal in many more states soon.

Last edited:
People who put politics before money should be exterminated. They eventually are anyway. Fuckin guy calling me a leftist cuz I invest in Planet Fitness. Going on about squats and how it isnt a real gym. This fuckhead doesn't realize that Planet Fitness created a business specifically to remove those kind of guys from the gym. And they are fucking succeeding. There is a demand for gyms without people like him. lol. Such an idiot.

People who put politics before money should be exterminated. They eventually are anyway. Fuckin guy calling me a leftist cuz I invest in Planet Fitness. Going on about squats and how it isnt a real gym. This fuckhead doesn't realize that Planet Fitness created a business specifically to remove those kind of guys from the gym. And they are fucking succeeding. There is a demand for gyms without people like him. lol. Such an idiot.

I never should have started smoking a cigar like once a week...

I've been looking at humidors online for the last like 20 minutes and I can feel my eyes crossing.

lol. my god. "Planet fitness is designed to sink your dreams." everything I was talking about into one person. He said it is for "immigrants". Exactly. That is the secret.

People want to go to the gym. Or at least think they do. Gym memberships spike during new year cuz of typical stupid resolutions they dont keep. But what can we learn from this? People actually want to go to a gym. They have tried gyms. They are interested in gyms to some degree. But yet no gyms can retain them. What are these gyms missing?

Only 20% of people go to gyms. Planet Fitness doesn't want those people. They write them off and mock them. They want the 80% who don't go to gyms. A gym for people who don't go to gyms. Just like a computer for people who arent computer hobbyists. The people who dont use your product are much bigger.

lol. my god. "Planet fitness is designed to sink your dreams." everything I was talking about into one person. He said it is for "immigrants". Exactly. That is the secret.

People want to go to the gym. Or at least think they do. Gym memberships spike during new year cuz of typical stupid resolutions they dont keep. But what can we learn from this? People actually want to go to a gym. They have tried gyms. They are interested in gyms to some degree. But yet no gyms can retain them. What are these gyms missing?

Only 20% of people go to gyms. Planet Fitness doesn't want those people. They write them off and mock them. They want the 80% who don't go to gyms. A gym for people who don't go to gyms. Just like a computer for people who arent computer hobbyists. The people who dont use your product are much bigger.
As a business model for business people PF is what you want.

As a person that goes to the gym, avoid that shit like the plague.

As a business model for business people PF is what you want.

As a person that goes to the gym, avoid that shit like the plague.

Ya, and this guy was was talking about business. It was a business discussion. He fuckin pissed me off. lol.

It's like WWE. I don't watch it. I don't hate it, but even if I did that has no bearing on me investing in it. WWE also has a huge fuckin moat. Who could enter that space? Professional Wrestling in America. It would be impossible and McMahon is fuckin ruthless. lol. It is also insulated from trade wars and whatever stupid shit Trump is doing.

I fucking hate days like today at work.

1 dude is arrested, in his 70s, for Child Rape 1 a Class A felony. Victim is like... 10.

Another guy, arrested for Assault 2 and Assault 3. One victim is like 6 the other is 4... and they're his kids.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

I fucking hate days like today at work.

1 dude is arrested, in his 70s, for Child Rape 1 a Class A felony. Victim is like... 10.

Another guy, arrested for Assault 2 and Assault 3. One victim is like 6 the other is 4... and they're his kids.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE
Dude I’ve seen some horrific shit over the years. Too nasty to even go over. I’ll never understand it, when I hold my son or hug my mother, how people can do this stuff to each other.

I’ve been a Crisis Intervention Officer for a few years now, so I’ve been dealing with crimes where the victims were usually children or had mental disabilities. Just horrible stuff.

Dude I’ve seen some horrific shit over the years. Too nasty to even go over. I’ll never understand it, when I hold my son or hug my mother, how people can do this stuff to each other.

I’ve been a Crisis Intervention Officer for a few years now, so I’ve been dealing with crimes where the victims were usually children or had mental disabilities. Just horrible stuff.
Like, it makes me glad I work two jobs as tonight I'll be so busy on door duty as a bouncer that my brain won't linger on the PC statements I'm going to have to hear this afternoon.

EDIT:
I'm going to buy myself a nice Drew Estate Java or CAO Gold Honey for the door tonight. Yeah, I smoke flavored cigars... come at me bro.

Last edited:
how does the forum feel about the new format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back