WAR ROOM LOUNGE V11: Now With More

Status
Not open for further replies.
That boat never had a chance... feel sorry for those people. Must have been terrifying.. thanks for the link.

We had a storm rolling through yesterday, that company never should have been on the water. I hope they lose their ass in a lawsuit.

The War on Poverty thread that @Falsedawn started sure has brought out the stupid that have no life experience.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/19/6303...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180719

According to the Haaretz, "The [nation-state] law also includes clauses stating that a 'united Jerusalem' is the capital of Israel and that Hebrew is the country's official language. Another says that 'the state sees the development of Jewish settlement as a national value and will act to encourage and promote its establishment and consolidation.'"

<6>

There are many democracies in the world and only one Jewish homeland so on some level I understand this direction they are taking. That said, the reality is that have millions of Arab citizens and the occupied territories to deal with and laws this are only going to polarize Israel even more and work to her detriment in the future. At best they turn into an explicitly caste based system with Jews on top and at worst the whole thing falls apart.

About when he was a hitman who wanted to be an actor, right?

Lol, I'm going to take this as a joke since I don't know the context and its such a crazy claim. The movie is about him becoming American and coming to terms with what that means.

There are many democracies in the world and only one Jewish homeland so on some level I understand this direction they are taking. That said, the reality is that have millions of Arab citizens and the occupied territories to deal with and laws this are only going to polarize Israel even more and work to her detriment in the future. At best they turn into an explicitly caste based system with Jews on top and at worst the whole thing falls apart.

The state hasn't fostered an ethos of positive engagement with Palestinians and they might never be able to do so under the current administration and its interests. To them, its about self-preservation through pure domination.

Lol, I'm going to take this as a joke since I don't know the context and its such a crazy claim. The movie is about him becoming American and coming to terms with what that means.

The state hasn't fostered an ethos of positive engagement with Palestinians and they might never be able to do so under the current administration and its interests. To them, its about self-preservation through pure domination.
Yeah I know and the reason is because they have a paradoxical identity. On the one hand they want to be a liberal democracy and certainly boast about being one. On the other hand they aspire to be a homeland for the Jewish people. But to be a liberal democracy means to respect the rights of all citizens in your society and affording them representation which, given the significant Arab citizenry, can conflict with that aspiration of maintaining a Jewish homeland.

When push comes to shove they seem to prefer the Jewish state part over the liberal democracy one. I think they are destined for an illiberal democracy which privileges the Jews explicitly over everyone else. Some would probably argue that if they weren't already there before, they are now with the passing of that law.

I'm hanging out with my daughter all day, and BBQ'ing later.

bork1}bork1}bork1}
FUCK YOU.

For the BBQ portion. Don't care about the hanging out with daughter thing

I do get paid twice today plus payout on tips and profits at the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back