WAR ROOM LOUNGE V15: Lunge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had no feeling below my neck since the last presidential election. Who needs booze?
I'm honestly starting to scare myself with how much booze I can put away.

I know I'm a big dude but I go to a friend's bar that he manages for like a poke bowl and some kaulua pork tacos before dinner and will have a double of Basil Hayden's on the rocks followed by an old fashioned and I feel that "buzz" feeling in my eyes but it's gone in like 15 minutes.

Then I go to WS (admittedly it's in the 90s) and myself and 3 friends put away a full half G of Jack, 1/5th of rum, and like 120 beers in the span of 3 days and I don't remember feeling truly drunk at all.

EDIT:
To add, that double is probably closer to a triple cause everyone knows where I work and generally "industry" people get stronger drinks poured for them with an industry discount on top of it and the old fashioned was closer to 2.5 ounces instead of the usually like 1.

Just cause we know @Trotsky has shit taste in music even if he has decent taste in football teams. And will be giving me his money in that fantasy league this year along with @RR.

I can just look at that screen shot of that frizzy lady werewolf and know the music sucks balls.

Sooo ... are you a fan of the song or not?
{<jordan}

EDIT:
Going to say something I'm sure someone will rip me on but even though I'm a fan of the band, Lars Ulrich is about as good of a drummer as Ryan Leaf and Jawalrus Rusell were NFL caliber QBs. And Kirk Hammet is so far up his own ass that his nose is his Adam's Apple in regards to how good of a guitarist he is.

What DO you listen to so I can properly talk shit?

I only listen to classical music like Beethoven and Mozart bc I'm an intellectual and that's all that is sufficient to stimulate my intellect.

I only listen to classical music like Beethoven and Mozart bc I'm an intellectual and that's all that is sufficient to stimulate my intellect.
<DisgustingHHH>

An intellectual wouldn't drink the drink of choice that produces this:

Kind of a complete aside, Granger Smith puts on an awesome stage show plus the dude ends it by opening a pack of Redman and putting the whole fucking thing in his mouth like a fucking maniac.

EDIT:
An intellectual would actually like Scotch so you sir are a fucking liar!

BTW, this stuff is delicious:
hlpob.15yov1.jpg

Mozart sucks BTW. Bach, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev >>>>>>>>> that fuckup drunk Mozart.

Last edited:
I fuckin love Purple Rain. It's a good song, but why I love it is that it's simple, but different. The first, most prominent, and simple chord progression in all of western music is I-IV-V-I. Prince just switches IV for I, and out of it comes one of the great choruses ever. Shit's beautiful. It's similar in an abstract sense to what Prokofiev does in this ditty. The foundational chord progression in Jazz is II-V-I, and if you would believe it, the moving passage of this piece is nothing but linked II-V-Is.

I've never heard that the USA has 3rd world rates of death during childbirth.

Are you relating this back to Trump and my previous post somehow?
Somehow? LOL
This is why I say you can't be for real. Or you can only think about 1 sentence per post.

{<jordan}

EDIT:
Going to say something I'm sure someone will rip me on but even though I'm a fan of the band, Lars Ulrich is about as good of a drummer as Ryan Leaf and Jawalrus Rusell were NFL caliber QBs. And Kirk Hammet is so far up his own ass that his nose is his Adam's Apple in regards to how good of a guitarist he is.
I like Lars sound. Very distinct imo.

Unpolished and shitty. The best kind of music.

I fuckin love Purple Rain. It's a good song, but why I love it is that it's simple, but different. The first, most prominent, and simple chord progression in all of western music is I-IV-V-I. Prince just switches IV for I, and out of it comes one of the great choruses ever. Shit's beautiful. It's similar in an abstract sense to what Prokofiev does in this ditty. The foundational chord progression in Jazz is II-V-I, and if you would believe it, the moving passage of this piece is nothing but linked II-V-Is.

Who do you think are the best Scandinavian people p4p?

I've come to the conclusion that it's

1 Norway
2a. Sweden
2b. Finland
3. Denmark

Who do you think are the best Scandinavian people p4p?

I've come to the conclusion that it's

1 Norway
2a. Sweden
2b. Finland
3. Denmark

Denmark is a distant fourth on account of the fact that their language sounds like a sea lion that's just come from the dentist.

Moving to Finland was a bit of a trip for me. It was like a second home to which you've never been before, if you've ever had such an experience. So naturally I'm quite biased. In a cultural dick measuring contest they will come up short because all (or at least a lot) of their great cultural icons were swedish speaking: Tove Jansson, Jean Sibelius, Lars Ahlfors, Johan Runeberg, and even Rolf Nevanlinna is originally of Swedish stock, though now they are, and I think by that time they were, Fennomans (I took a class that was taught by his grandson, incidentally). They do have some true blue Finns to write home about, though: Einojuhani Rautavaara is the only composer after Prokofiev that I give any kind of a shit about.

Norway probably takes it in terms of all time greats: they had Abel, Grieg, and now Magnus the destroyer. That's a lot of big swinging dicks for about 4.5 million people. So I'd put it

Norway
Finland (because Fuck Sweden)
Sweden

Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back