WAR ROOM LOUNGE V17: The Stuff Under Your You-Know-What

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common law has extended a lower level of mens rea to violence perpetrated in the heat of passion, such as when one discovered his wife in bed with another man and committed the criminal act instantly without processing the events. In such an event, an unlawful killing (for instance) would be involuntary manslaughter rather than second-degree murder. It would still be a violent felony likely to receive years of imprisonment in the double digits - and certainly more if the assailant had a history of violent crime. At no point was killing a cheating wife or her love legal.

So it's true that historically that type of thing is a mitigating circumstance and Alan thinks it should have been here. We're all welcome to disagree. I sure do. But I agree with him that it's not right if a large percentage of murders receive less of a sentence. Not sure how actually killing someone isn't worse than beating their ass severely.

I know.

So he's not incorrect when it comes to common law is what I'm hearing.

He's absolutely incorrect. A crime of passion would imply a cheating spouse and an instantaneous reaction without time to premeditate. War Machine attacked his ex girlfriend, not a cheating spouse, and he spent 2 full hours committing horrific crimes against his ex girlfriend. That's not a sudden crime of passion, that's plenty of time for premeditation.

He said common law recognized crimes of passion and it does.

Lol, no he didn't.

He said that common law recognized situations like War Machine's, and it doesn't. War Machine did not commit a crime of passion, not even close. He was wrong in every way, in addition to being immoral and crazy. Nothing he said made sense at all.

I'd like to think that if I was friends with a person who did what War Machine did I would immediately drop them as a friend.

He's taking bros before hoes a bit to far imo

When the bro is two shades from serving up the Ho with a side order of fava beans it’s time to cut bait ffs.

I used to work on a DV clinic.

One particular victim, was cooking dinner for her abusive piece of shit Bf.

He was upset about something, so he started kicking her in the body, liver kicks etc...

Long story short, she realized one of her ribs were broken, and was suffering serious internal bleeding and insisted on being driven to the hospital. He didn't want to because he knew he would be arrested shortly after. So he dropped her off several blocks from the hospital.
Unfortunately all of my worst domestic violence stories end in a woman being murdered. A few in public right in front of multiple witnesses.

Really, these guys who have this idea of ownership over women are really sick people.

Unlike you maybe Alan has a strong sense of loyalty, and people here don't really know the extent of their friendship. Or Alan's just a horrible person who must hate women, right? :D

Wait so @PolishHeadlock does not have a strong sense of loyalty because he does not allow it to overide the most basic rules of morality? If loyalty can be used to excuse that kind of behavior then we may as well throw everything out the window.

Wait so @PolishHeadlock does not have a strong sense of loyalty because he does not allow it to overide the most basic rules of morality? If loyalty can be used to excuse that kind of behavior then we may as well throw everything out the window.

I'm tired of arguing with people looking to avoid/misrepresent what I'm saying. Pardon me for moving it along now. Cheers.

I'm tired of arguing with people looking to avoid/misrepresent what I'm saying. Pardon me for moving it along now. Cheers.

Nothing misrepresented in my post, if you meant something else try better phrasing next time you are sticking up for someone who is sticking up for an unrepentant piece of shit. Good day :).

Honest question, WR

How good is Björk

So fucking good right?

I disagree. I feel the right has become downright contemptuous of human rights and dignity outside of their "team" and the left has become rustled as fuck at their impotence in having any positive effect on what, to them (and most),are obviously despicable/ unfair machinations. I don't think on its face the Kavanaugh hearings are worthy of the outbursts as much as symptomatic of the crescendoing frustration of the left.

Having read both posts I don’t see how bits of both are not true.

I’ll come to explain when I’m more awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back