WAR ROOM LOUNGE V21: ♫♪ Tom Lehrer Awareness Week ♪♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just thankful there's another serious person in our group lol. I'm only stuck with 50%. The late notice is the absolute worst. So glad I have nothing to do tomorrow, so I can pull an all-nighter.

Once, a person texted me at 11pm that they didn't do any of their portion of the paper or presentation and they would not be able to. This was after a day before of a girl telling me the same thing. I didn't get to sleep that night but that entire project got done and I never stopped hating those two people til I graduated.

I'm just thankful there's another serious person in our group lol. I'm only stuck with 50%. The late notice is the absolute worst. So glad I have nothing to do tomorrow, so I can pull an all-nighter.
Of all the crap I don't miss about undergrad, group projects are way up the list. Had a sort of group thing for my public history stuff, but the lack of accountability is gone in the breeze.

Of all the crap I don't miss about undergrad, group projects are way up the list. Had a sort of group thing for my public history stuff, but the lack of accountability is gone in the breeze.

I had a professor who even admitted they broke up the groups based on grades so there were an even distribution of good and bad students in each group. They don't care at all other people get overloaded with the work and the only control I've seen on it is you rating your peers after and that doesn't work well at all.

I had a professor who even admitted they broke up the groups based on grades so there were an even distribution of good and bad students in each group. They don't care at all other people get overloaded with the work and the only control I've seen on it is you rating your peers after and that doesn't work well at all.
Early college blew bad for group projects, but toward the end it got way better. Maybe it's a history thing, but the upper level stuff was always graded by your own contribution.
I took a couple of what's called "Reacting to the Past" courses my last year. Basically, you take a famous event, such as the Continental Congress, and everyone gets assigned a historical figure to role play as for the term. Each person has their own goals and you're awarded bonus points based on how well you secure them. Some have more than others.
Now, I know what you're thinking: that sounds fucking awful and stupid and awful. BUT, believe it or not, it was so great I took another one after the first. Basically the biggest group project ever, and they ended up being pretty sweet.

My view on group projects.

Member #:
  1. Gets folks on task, organizes, and promotes success.
  2. Stays on task and helps #1 promote success.
  3. Lacks focus but can provide the occasional contribution.
  4. Distracts and wants to ride coattails. Unlikely to contribute.
  5. Distracts and wants to ride coattails. Unlikely to contribute.
  6. Etc.

Early college blew bad for group projects, but toward the end it got way better. Maybe it's a history thing, but the upper level stuff was always graded by your own contribution.
I took a couple of what's called "Reacting to the Past" courses my last year. Basically, you take a famous event, such as the Continental Congress, and everyone gets assigned a historical figure to role play as for the term. Each person has their own goals and you're awarded bonus points based on how well you secure them. Some have more than others.
Now, I know what you're thinking: that sounds fucking awful and stupid and awful. BUT, believe it or not, it was so great I took another one after the first. Basically the biggest group project ever, and they ended up being pretty sweet.

Nah, that sounds fun to me. I had something where it was two groups agreeing on a contract and each party had different goals. The congress thing sounds way cooler.

Nah, that sounds fun to me. I had something where it was two groups agreeing on a contract and each party had different goals. The congress thing sounds way cooler.
It was fuckin sweet.
We somehow ended up botching the 3/5 compromise and one guy from the south almost won it all.
Thank god for fixing shit in committee.
*Constitutional Convention

Yes, the distant ancestor claim is the basis of the minority status claim. I've never once suggested nor logically relied on it being otherwise. Let's take another look at our exercise.

In that case, I genuinely am at a loss to see what you're bent out of shape about. Seems that we agree.

I have no idea what the GOP thinks. I sure don't get a sense around here the Republican voters fear her at all.

I don't see how it can be communicated any more strongly. You say "Warren," and the subject is immediately switched to that. It's what Scientologists call "dead-agenting."

Yes, that's part of the story. For those who wish to discuss it. I wouldn't have made it past a few pages had you not been in there floating the false narrative. The only things I'm interested in here are the exercise in meaning and holding you to the standards you claim to abide by.

But just in this post, you acknowledge that my position is 100% correct and deny even disagreeing with it.

It's "kinda dumb" to rely more on numbers than results and reverence from peers. I'm all for statistical analysis as a useful tool for improvement.

I strongly disagree that the majority of NBA players collectively do a better job of performance analysis than researchers.

Please show me the words that implied that you think he sucks. I'll see what I can learn from them. Top 20 all-time is gonna be an amazing list no matter what discrepancies appear.

If you think that high peer regard or championship appearances are a rebuttal to my position, you're misstating my position since it would be expected that someone who regards him as highly as I do would expect to him to also be highly regarded by peers and to be a contributor to successful teams.

One of the dudes who dropped was also trying to politick his way through without doing any work. Kept posting on a group chat (that the prof can see) about "hey we should meet up" and then after class, dude ghosted. Then complained to the prof about the group that we weren't responding to him. Like, really, Guy? Ha.

I confronted duder this morning to check his progress and he admitted he hadn't done shit. So I gave him a couple good resources and talked him through an outline of what he needed to do, etc. I guess he did some serious soul searching and decided that fucking us rotten was the best way to proceed. Cheeky little fucker.

My freshman year of college I had to do a group paper for a history class. The subject we were given was HIV/AIDS.

I got the paper back from my partner and the opening line of the paper was "AIDS was invented by gay people in Africa." It was at that point that I knew group projects were going to suck.

My freshman year of college I had to do a group paper for a history class. The subject we were given was HIV/AIDS.

I got the paper back from my partner and the opening line of the paper was "AIDS was invented by gay people in Africa." It was at that point that I knew group projects were going to suck.
Hahahahahahahaha

<{MingNope}>

Any history instructor that makes students do a group paper needs a firm slap

Top 12 picks if I'm a GM that wants to win titles. In order (subject to change).
  • Magic PG
  • Kareem C
  • Jordan SG
  • LeBron SF
  • Garnett PF
  • Kobe SG
  • Bird SF
  • Shaq C
  • Stockton PG
  • Duncan PF
  • Pippen SF
  • Durant PF

I didn't read the rest of your post other than this, but I would put Shaq #1 just based on how his presence distorts a defense/game. He's like the Randy Moss of basketball in that way.

GOAT Team would be:
  1. Shaq C
  2. Barkley F
  3. Rodman F
  4. Jordan G
  5. Magic G
Give me Steph as the sixth man, stock my bench with Lebron, Kareem, Garnett, Bruce Bowen, Mark Madsen

@Jack V Savage If you like analytics, here's a good (looooong) piece on Dennis Rodman's underappreciated greatness
https://skepticalsports.com/the-case-for-dennis-rodman-guide/
Dude was a walking statistical anomaly.

"I'm so glad to be in Albany, Oregon!" said nobody, ever

Read it before.
39716.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back