War Room Lounge V24: Mental Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont have the energy to start a new a thread on it

A water technologies / engineering firm that my bro in law is a sys eng with just got the contract to revamp Texas Instruments UPW system for semi conductor manufacturing . Semi Conductor plants use about 2.5-4.8 million gallons of water a day for chip manufacturing -- thats the equivalent of a smallish city daily needs.

The amount of resources technology uses in terms of mining and water usage is staggering at times

Semi Conductor plants use about 2.5-4.8 million gallons of water a day for chip manufacturing -- thats the equivalent of a smallish city daily needs.
Whoa. That's like an order of magnitude more than I would have guessed.

Whoa. That's like an order of magnitude more than I would have guessed.

They have full on water treatment plants on site because you cant ship in Ultra Pure Water in that quantity. I just happened to see his designs and assumed he was setting up a new municipality plant.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

You guys ever read the interview with the Just Bleed guy?

Pretty interesting stuff. The guy had/has a Master's degree, and that was probably the most surprising thing I learned from it. He also was like an adrenaline junkie who jumped to MMA from cockfighting and dog fighting. Then he spent half a decade in prison for X.
All I know... is we must thank Keith Hackney for being a man of the people.

Sounds like the Nasukawa/Mayweather shit might be BACK on but as a boxing only exhibition... IE... "I want to make money but not have a 20 year old make a fool of me in kickboxing the way I basically did to McGregor in boxing"

Sounds like the Nasukawa/Mayweather shit might be BACK on but as a boxing only exhibition... IE... "I want to make money but not have a 20 year old make a fool of me in kickboxing the way I basically did to McGregor in boxing"
Total horeshit

Dont have the energy to start a new a thread on it

A water technologies / engineering firm that my bro in law is a sys eng with just got the contract to revamp Texas Instruments UPW system for semi conductor manufacturing . Semi Conductor plants use about 2.5-4.8 million gallons of water a day for chip manufacturing -- thats the equivalent of a smallish city daily needs.

The amount of resources technology uses in terms of mining and water usage is staggering at times
Indeed
BITCOIN MINING NOW ACCOUNTS FOR ALMOST ONE PERCENT OF THE WORLD’S ENERGY CONSUMPTION

Any good new shows you guys are watching?

Just started Man in The High Castle in Amazon. Pretty good so far. Love the premise

Any good new shows you guys are watching?

Just started Man in The High Castle in Amazon. Pretty good so far. Love the premise

It's a great book. P K Dick stuff tends to get mangled on it's way to the screen though.

The owners of my bar are dumbshits.

Yeah, don't list to me the guy that was a bouncer for a year and has been again for another 6 months or the dude that has owned bars in NY, Wyoming, and Venezuela and ran successful ones in Berlin and Paris....

LISTEN TO THE LADY THAT IS A VEGAN COOK AND HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT ON HOW TO RUN A NIGHT CLUB THAT IS ONLY 23....

Yeah, those hula flow dancer dumbshits are fun to watch but they'll buy a single Rainier and then you'll be wondering why you're losing money the nights you book them....

Fucking morons. If I didn't need the money I'd probably have quit last night during that meeting.

Bars and restaurants are certainly a business where the (often dumbshit) customers LOOOOVE telling the owners how to run their business.

I think boxing at its best is better than MMA at its best, but normal high-level MMA is more fun than normal high-level boxing, and MMA at its worst is way better than boxing at its worst.

As a former long time die hard boxing fan I agree completely. A great boxing match is like that academy award winning drama. A great MMA fight tends to be a great action film. It's the way a story of the fight is built and told benefits boxing to have the more memorable superfights.

I had a bit of an odd encounter with a lunatic today.

I stepped outside work for a bit for some fresh air and a coffee when a lady came up to me. She was carrying some sort of a flower. She said she was looking for a job and was going to give the flower to whomever gave her a job.

Her line of work is a ways off of mine so I told her I couldn't help her because it's not my line of business. She said thanks and offered me the flower anyways, saying it's some sort of rare flower that grows underwater and she said the type but it was long and complicated and I didn't recognize the name nor remember it now.

I told her no thanks and told her about trying online to find work opportunities (she said she is looking for a cleaning job, and mentioned that she use to work at the counter of a fast food place).

She then asked if I was just interested in hanging out some time. I very awkwardly said no. She then asked if I know of any place she can rent and live at and that she was going to get some sort of a payment of $500 soon.

I kindly told her I am not a landlord and don't know anyone that is looking for a tenant.

She then asked if we can hang out some time again, and I awkwardly said I don't get out much and walked away.

She most definitely wasn't a prostitute or anything like that. Just seemed like a mildly retarded person down on their luck trying to get by in their own way. Kind of like a very innocent child stuck in an adult's body looking to get by.

Just one of those times you kind of wished you could change the world a little....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back