War Room Lounge V24: Mental Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joy Reid is at least a step up from Molyneux, but she's wrong. For example, Clinton won CA whites 55%-40%. To the extent that demographic changes have led to improvement in CA voting, it's at least partly related to the fact that it's harder to demonize groups that people are familiar with (note that the people most opposed to immigration are the places with the least experience with it).

LOL. Sure buddy. This forum wouldn't be the same without you Goebbels.

Your contention isn't that different populations don't vote differently? What are you saying?

Huh?

I'm saying what I said. California is a blue state in part because white voters are far more liberal there than they are other states. If only whites voted, it would still be very blue. If whites in CA voted like whites in Alabama, it would still be red. A campaign of "non-whites are coming to destroy society so vote for us even though our policy ideas are shitty and we're corrupt" doesn't work on people who socialize with a lot of non-whites.

Huh?

I'm saying what I said. California is a blue state in part because white voters are far more liberal there than they are other states. If only whites voted, it would still be very blue. If whites in CA voted like whites in Alabama, it would still be red. A campaign of "non-whites are coming to destroy society so vote for us even though our policy ideas are shitty and we're corrupt" doesn't work on people who socialize with a lot of non-whites.

Incorrect. It's actually an even split (37-37) with regard to whites. The kicker? Race.

race-and-voting-in-california-table.png

Incorrect. It's actually an even split (37-37) with regard to whites. The kicker? Race.

You're shifting from party to ideology, and looking at a pre-election poll.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-california-presidential-poll-20161116-story.html

In California, white voters made up about 56% of the state's electorate, the USC/LA Times survey indicated. Clinton carried those white voters 55% to 40%, blacks by 84% to 13%, Latinos by 73% to 22% and all other voters by 57% to 35%, the survey found.

What I'm saying has nothing to do with intelligence. Its just physical fact.

That's not Georic's position though. He's conflating cultural and civilisational realities with biological differences, largely based on intelligence.
That is not a physical fact.

That's not Georic's position though. He's conflating cultural and civilisational realities with biological differences, largely based on intelligence.
That is not a physical fact.

What's worse is that he's positing voting patterns in a particular time and place are driven by genetic propensity that coincides with racial groups. It's transparently stupid. Even if you didn't know that other countries existed or that voting patterns have been different at different times, etc., it should never even strike you as plausible.

Yep. But do you get that Reid is wrong?

California, verifiably has a massive demographic change that guarantees it would never vote red. LA times has white voters at 55-40 for 2016. The PPIC has at 40-36 in 2018. That's not a guaranteed victory for Dems. The margin of white voters doesn't support your claim that California would only ever be blue. Adding in the margins of other demographics, it does.

Last edited:
I don’t take that as racist, it’s more genetic. I think there is truth in what he’s saying.

You hear these attributes described in spurts all the time.

In MMA we of course have “Athletic and Explosove”

In football, the black receivers are “track stars.” White receivers are generally referred to as “possession” type. Meaning they catch the ball wrll, but don’t have the speed the black receivers have.

Noticing differences in physical attributes isn’t racism, it’s just facts.

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but these factors are the most common.
<BronTroll1>

lol, moderate might as well be Liberal at this point.

The real issue is that self-identified ideology really means very little. Four-fifths of the population generally can't even identify the liberal and conservative positions on issues.

California, verifiably has a massive demographic change that guarantees it would never vote red.

If California whites voted like Alabama whites, it would go red consistently. Or if the national GOP changed its campaign approach, they could win more minority votes. Many times over the years people have tried to make demographic-based arguments about permanent majorities, and they've always quickly been shown to be stupid. This is another area where I think broader reading could get you out of your cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back