WAR ROOM LOUNGE V25: MJ vs Prince

which be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
images
I think the people pushing Ortega got "beat the shit out of Aldo convincingly" amnesia or something. He had one good shot and made the most of it because his heart is the size of a Buick, but this was barely competitive.

I think the people pushing Ortega got "beat the shit out of Aldo convincingly" amnesia or something. He had one good shot and made the most of it because his heart is the size of a Buick, but this was barely competitive.

It was more than one, he had serious flashes, and apparently developed a picture perfect chopping leg kick but only used itbonce for some reason...max is on another level though, by a lot

Damn, only time sherdog has triggered me is right now reading comments ripping Ortega - thought taking a beating like that and willing to come out for the 5th would earn universal respect on a mma website, but guess not

Ortega is a scary dude. He's like the love child of Urijah Faber and the Predator.

It was more than one, he had serious flashes, and apparently developed a picture perfect chopping leg kick but only used itbonce for some reason...max is on another level though, by a lot

I saw it at least twice, but yeah his striking has really developed.
Unfortunately it was better wrestling he needed to beat Max.
Great fight though. Great card in fact.

A card I feel I should have seen

Giants winning 39-0 in the 3rd.

Fucking Boswell

Fucking Boswell. Get a college kicker at this point

Elon's fall from grace is by far the most extreme I've ever seen. Flashback to not even a year ago when he had just launched Starman and volunteered to help the Thai kids by building miniature submarines from scratch. Dude was a legit rockstar

Elon's fall from grace is by far the most extreme I've ever seen. Flashback to not even a year ago when he had just launched Starman and volunteered to help the Thai kids by building miniature submarines from scratch. Dude was a legit rockstar

Meh, he'll be fine in the long run, I think. Once a rich white man, always a rich white man.

He is a huuuuge douche, though. He's silver-medal-to-Donald-Trump level douche.

How is this a fall from grace the guy just built his 68,000's Model 3, United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy rocket cannot even get off the ground they keep delaying the launch while Elon's SpaceX has set a record number of launches, Tesla stock just passed Mercedes in market value, the giant Hyundai corporation manufactures 7,000 Kona EV's a month while Tesla does that in a week. I can go on an on about his fall from grace but if you call that a fall from grace it sure does not seem like it in my book.

ula-2.jpg

United launch alliance still relies on Russian made rocket engines while SpaceX does their work completely in-house with their own boosters.

https://ktla.com/2018/12/08/ula-cou...-vandenberg-air-force-base-on-saturday-night/

Meh, he'll be fine in the long run, I think. Once a rich white man, always a rich white man.

He is a huuuuge douche, though. He's silver-medal-to-Donald-Trump level douche.
I don't get this part? He seems to come off that way because I think he's not comfortable around people. He tries to explain what he is doing and it's not easy for him because he trying to do it in such a way to get people to understand it.

I don't get this part? He seems to come off that way because I think he's not comfortable around people. He tries to explain what he is doing and it's not easy for him because he trying to do it in such a way to get people to understand it.

He said one of the Thai rescuers was a pedophile because the rescuer said that Musk's submarine PR stunt was irrelevant to the rescue mission.

How is this a fall from grace the guy just built his 68,000's Model 3, United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy rocket cannot even get off the ground they keep delaying the launch while Elon's SpaceX has set a record number of launches, Tesla stock just passed Mercedes in market value, the giant Hyundai corporation manufactures 7,000 Kona EV's a month while Tesla does that in a week. I can go on an on about his fall from grace but if you call that a fall from grace it sure does not seem like it in my book.

ula-2.jpg

United launch alliance still relies on Russian made rocket engines while SpaceX does their work completely in-house with their own boosters.

https://ktla.com/2018/12/08/ula-cou...-vandenberg-air-force-base-on-saturday-night/
I'm talking about Elon Musk, the individual. Not any of his business.

It's undeniable that his public persona has taken a huge hit over the past few months. I'm sure you're able to comprehend that.

@Jack V Savage I saw you listed The Big Lebowski as your favorite movie. What's your take on its political themes, if you believe it is really meant to have any, particulary with regard to neoconservatism?

One of my favorite exchanges of the movie, and one that I think could be said to be a biting criticism of neoconservatism, is when Walter explains his "plan" leading up to the botched hand-off, to grab one of the ransomers and simply beat the information out of him. He says, in regard to the plan, "the beauty of this is its simplicity; once the plan gets too complex, things go wrong" (paraphrase). And Lebowski responds with one of my favorite lines: "Walter, I love you but sooner or later you're going to have to face the fact that you're a goddamn moron."

Given that the appeal of neoconservatism is its short-sighted focus and inherent reduction, I always thought that was a good exchange.

@Jack V Savage I saw you listed The Big Lebowski as your favorite movie. What's your take on its political themes, if you believe it is really meant to have any, particulary with regard to neoconservatism?

One of my favorite exchanges of the movie, and one that I think could be said to be a biting criticism of neoconservatism, is when Walter explains his "plan" leading up to the botched hand-off, to grab one of the ransomers and simply beat the information out of him. He says, in regard to the plan, "the beauty of this is its simplicity; once the plan gets too complex, things go wrong" (paraphrase). And Lebowski responds with one of my favorite lines: "Walter, I love you but sooner or later you're going to have to face the fact that you're a goddamn moron."

Given that the appeal of neoconservatism is its short-sighted focus and inherent reduction, I always thought that was a good exchange.

Well, Walter is unquestionably a NeoCon and meant to represent the type (obviously based on Milius, also). My favorite commentary on that is how he sees a righteous opportunity to also profit off the fake kidnapping situation. Generally his moral outrage invariably lines up with his interests.

But to the extent that there's a political message, it's more about the relationship between the NeoCon Walter and the ineffectual leftist The Dude than a critique of either individual ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back