War Room Lounge V26: Neoliberal Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about alpha-male theory a lot and how it's not only barely pseudoscience, but people who read and talk about that seem to be so amazingly unmanly.

They always have to emphasize how alpha and tough they are, and I think that the more you have to convince everyone of your manly nature the less confident and "manly" you appear.

Check out these termite mounds though: https://www.livescience.com/64125-ancient-termite-mounds.html

"The termite-crafted mounds in northeastern Brazil span an area about the size of Great Britain, the researchers said."

<5>
that's what I'm talking about

I've been thinking about alpha-male theory a lot and how it's not only barely pseudoscience, but people who read and talk about that seem to be so amazingly unmanly.

They always have to emphasize how alpha and tough they are, and I think that the more you have to convince everyone of your manly nature the less confident and "manly" you appear.

Check out these termite mounds though: https://www.livescience.com/64125-ancient-termite-mounds.html

"The termite-crafted mounds in northeastern Brazil span an area about the size of Great Britain, the researchers said."

<5>
The alpha male thing is real and spoken by real alpha males only in certain circles. You hear it in the military, you hear it at the gym, however online? Should be taken as a joke. I heard David Goggins talk about being a alpha male amongst alpha males on Joe Rogan's podcast. I laughed because it sounds funny but also because he has every right to proclaim that.

Tell me tonni, are you afraid of alpha males? Do you not believe that they exist?

The alpha male thing is real and spoken by real alpha males only in certain circles. You hear it in the military, you hear it at the gym, however online? Should be taken as a joke. I heard David Goggins talk about being a alpha male amongst alpha males on Joe Rogan's podcast. I laughed because it sounds funny but also because he has every right to proclaim that.

Tell me tonni, are you afraid of alpha males? Do you not believe that they exist?
I'm not afraid of them and no, I don't tend to believe in poorly substantiated theories based on misinterpretations of the animal kingdom extrapolated to the human species.

What I do know is that the least manly thing you can ever do is go to a seminar on how to be more manly. Can't take it seriously.

I'm not afraid of them and no, I don't tend to believe in poorly substantiated theories based on misinterpretations of the animal kingdom extrapolated to the human species.

What I do know is that the least manly thing you can ever do is go to a seminar on how to be more manly. Can't take it seriously.
I'm sorry but you do realize that we are animals right? We came from very humbling beginnings that lasted much longer than our current modern society.

In closer knit tribal and village societies alpha males were very prevalent. It's a social concept based upon human hierarchies. No, it's not exactly like chimps and gorillas or even lions and wolves, it's more of a imposing of will, both physically and mentally. Being able to control a situation physically is one thing but also having power and attraction over women is another thing alpha males have over the others. Not only is this another trait of human alpha males but it also bestows inferiority upon non-alphas and betas.

Let me know if you want me to get into height and facial features of alpha males in modern society. Also tonni, do you feel inferior to any other males?

I agree though that if you need to be told how to act like a man or alpha male then you're a bitch. Either you got it or you don't .

I'm sorry but you do realize that we are animals right? We came from very humbling beginnings that lasted much longer than our current modern society.

In closer knit tribal and village societies alpha males were very prevalent. It's a social concept based upon human hierarchies. No, it's not exactly like chimps and gorillas or even lions and wolves, it's more of a imposing of will, both physically and mentally. Being able to control a situation physically is one thing but also having power and attraction over women is another thing alpha males have over the others. Not only is this another trait of human alpha males but it also bestows inferiority upon non-alphas and betas.

Let me know if you want me to get into height and facial features of alpha males in modern society. Also tonni, do you feel inferior to any other males?

I agree though that if you need to be told how to act like a man or alpha male then you're a bitch. Either you got it or you don't .

Tonni is a beta.

@tonni Are you able to admit that by being short you are inferior? Baby steps.

<5>
How would you define pseudoscience?

Which tribal societies are you talking about? All the anthropology of tribal peoples leads to the conclusion that by and large, hunter gatherer groups are mostly egalitarian, much more egalitarian than the neolithical groups that came after them.

Alpha males in the animal kingdom (non-human so you're not confused) are also very poorly understood by self-declared alpha males.

Do you have any psychological studies that support your assertions?

I think you're confusing confidence with aggression and unhinged behavior.
@tonni Are you able to admit that by being short you are inferior? Baby steps.
I am 6ft.

Last edited:
All the self-declared alphas wanna pick a fight because deep down they know the selfhelp books were a waste of money.

Which tribal societies are you talking about? All the anthropology of tribal peoples leads to the conclusion that by and large, hunter gatherer groups are mostly egalitarian, much more egalitarian than the neolithical groups that came after them.

Alpha males in the animal kingdom (non-human so you're not confused) are also very poorly understood by self-declared alpha males.

Do you have any psychological studies that support your assertions?

I think you're confusing confidence with aggression and unhinged behavior.

I am 6ft.
I never said they weren't hunter gatherer types, I'm telling you how human alpha males are presented in society.

Yes there are studies done on human alpha males, you want me to google them for you?

All the self-declared alphas wanna pick a fight because deep down they know the selfhelp books were a waste of money.

Yup you're definitely threatened by other men. It's ok to be inferior tonni. Your defensiveness gives it away.

I never said they weren't hunter gatherer types, I'm telling you how human alpha males are presented in society.

Yes there are studies done on human alpha males, you want me to google them for you?

Yup you're definitely threatened by other men. It's ok to be inferior tonni. Your defensiveness gives it away.
I never said you said they weren't hunter gatherers, I'm telling you they don't have the idea of alpha male you are proposing here.

Nothing says "I'm a secure Real Man" like rhetorically asking people on the internet if they feel threatened by your oozing masculinity.

I never said you said they weren't hunter gatherers, I'm telling you they don't have the idea of alpha male you are proposing here.

Nothing says "I'm a secure Real Man" like rhetorically asking people on the internet if they feel threatened by your oozing masculinity.
There is no proposed idea... alpha males just do. I've explained this earlier and have no need to further educate you on their function within society.

I also never said you were threatened by me, that's all in your head.

I'm just curious where this is all coming from with you. I completely agree about it being pathetic if you need someone to tell you how to be a man or to attend a seminar on how to be alpha. That will never truly work. As i said, alphas just do what comes naturally and a lot of that is due to working harder, size and stature and facial features.

Are you threatened by this tonni? You seem defensive.

There is no proposed idea... alpha males just do. I've explained this earlier and have no need to further educate you on their function within society.

I also never said you were threatened by me, that's all in your head.

I'm just curious where this is all coming from with you. I completely agree about it being pathetic if you need someone to tell you how to be a man or to attend a seminar on how to be alpha. That will never truly work. As i said, alphas just do what comes naturally and a lot of that is due to working harder, size and stature and facial features.

Are you threatened by this tonni? You seem defensive.
So you refer to tribal people having strong alpha male figures, and when I point out this is not the anthropological consensus you give me Yoda on steroid: Alpha just do.

<5>
Of course alpha males are real.

But also, the people who complain the most about something, or accuse others of something have been proving themselves to be guilty of that very thing. Over and over again. I cant think of the word or phrase for that right now. So anyone proclaiming themselves to be "alpha males" are either joking or serious cucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back