War Room Lounge V26: Neoliberal Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha @Fawlty I figured out how to do that GIMP thingy, putting a pole behind branches. Problem is some of the tiny branches appear with blue tones in the foreground of the pole. But that was not a discrepancy in the method, but rather the fact that in the original photo a lot of the small branches have a lot of blue tones bleeding into them from the sky and you don't really notice that until you bring a non blue object behind them.

It is a pretty quick method for doing this. I have to make a few youtube tutorial videos for my friend so his employees can follow it and learn how to do it. The things I do for people. :)

4VmluUg.jpg

9ESrL18.jpg
That's as good as anything I could do in Gimp. As long as it doesn't have to be perfect.

Oh shit, I think I'm seeing Amon Amarth and Slayer in May!
<32>

Oh shit, I think I'm seeing Amon Amarth and Slayer in May!
<32>

Right on! Back when I lifted weights, this was one of my deadlift songs

Also, who is going to be the next WH chief of staff? Please please please please please please please please please please let it be the Mooch.

Also, who is going to be the next WH chief of staff? Please please please please please please please please please please let it be the Mooch.

Amon Amarth has been my white whale for years now. I've seen Chevelle and Breaking Benjamin in Amarillo, Texas and Deftones in Lubbock after missing them in Amarillo, so three of the four I had to see but Amon Amarth never toured anywhere near me. Now that I've moved to civilization I finally have the chance.

Iron Maiden sort of sits at the top of the list but unless I time travel to 1989 it just wouldn't be the same.

Oh fuck off. I'm not supposed to like you. Stop ruining things.

Here's a gripe I hope you find legitimate: the most famous move in the history of the sport doesn't work/do anything IRL.

The Stunner is so dumb. At least other suplexes and finishing and shit would hurt if done to you: chokeslam, jackhammer, etc.

Also, the most famous submission during the time I watched (The Walls of Jericho) also didn't work. The ankle lock works, the figure four works, the Steiner Recliner and Boston Crab work. Yet they decided to make the most famous submission just hoisting and slightly contorting a person by their legs.

Lame.
I used to work with a dude that's 6'9", monster of a human. I saw him choke slam a guy on the sidewalk. It was not pretty.

Iron Maiden sort of sits at the top of the list but unless I time travel to 1989 it just wouldn't be the same.

Think you're kind of taking defeat for granted here. Saw them in Bergen in 2010 and it was the best concert I've ever been to. A friend of mine who's always been kind of skeptical about IM joined because nearly our entire group of friends were going anyway, and he was completely converted afterwards and described it as one of the best he's experienced as well.

They've still got it.

Oh fuck off. I'm not supposed to like you. Stop ruining things.
Sorry, give me a second, I’ll fix it, eh... gender is nothing but a social construct and only white people can be racist. How yo you like me now, you Nazi?

Think you're kind of taking defeat for granted here. Saw them in Bergen in 2010 and it was the best concert I've ever been to. A friend of mine who's always been kind of skeptical about IM joined because nearly our entire group of friends were going anyway, and he was completely converted afterwards and described it as one of the best he's experienced as well.

They've still got it.
Agreed. My only criticism would be last time I saw them they insisted on playing their new album in its entirety, and only did the classics as an encore.

Agreed. My only criticism would be last time I saw them they insisted on playing their new album in its entirety, and only did the classics as an encore.

They did nothing wrong. That's exactly what they should be doing, because being stuck with the 80s setlist until the end of their days is to stagnate. To a point I think they have: A Matter of Life and Death is the best album they've ever made by a huge margin, and the albums after that have been a disappointment by comparison. But they're definitely trying to innovate, and that is what makes them unique in ways other bands are not.

Last edited:
I used to work with a dude that's 6'9", monster of a human. I saw him choke slam a guy on the sidewalk. It was not pretty.

Seems like a missed opportunity if you didn't give it some good ol' JR from the sidelines.

"Bah god as mah witness, he is broken in half"

The athleticism has gotten much better, the characters less gimmicky and more accessible through social media. The cast is more diverse appealing to women and minorities (50 percent of the fan base is black and Latino) and since going public the company being more pg means the programing has to be entertaining for the parents as well as kids.
Something surprising about the WWE is that it's massively popular in the Indian subcontinent, no idea why. They haven't been able to achieve any success outside of the US and the Indian subcontinent though, unlike the UFC, for example.

Man, it's weird how hard it is to guess people's age on here. I would have never guessed you were alive in the 1970s.

For super immature posters, who I won't name, I think I'd be even more shocked by their actual age.
I'm not too sure how I should take that.
giphy.gif

I'm sorry but you do realize that we are animals right? We came from very humbling beginnings that lasted much longer than our current modern society.

In closer knit tribal and village societies alpha males were very prevalent. It's a social concept based upon human hierarchies. No, it's not exactly like chimps and gorillas or even lions and wolves, it's more of a imposing of will, both physically and mentally. Being able to control a situation physically is one thing but also having power and attraction over women is another thing alpha males have over the others. Not only is this another trait of human alpha males but it also bestows inferiority upon non-alphas and betas.
We're animals but not all animals have the alpha/beta structure. That idea comes mostly from chimpanzees. In chimp societies you basically have one male that breeds with all the females and beats the crap of other males until he gets old and gets beat by another male that takes his place.
In almost all other animals you do not have something like that. Sure, there are stronger, faster, smarter animals that will breed more but it's not hierarchical like that. You usually have multiple couples, instead of one male all the females.
You also do not really see it in primitive uncontacted tribes. You do not have Amazon Indian tribes where one dude has sex with all the females, they usually have some kind of marriage system although polygamy is prevalent for the more powerful males.
These more powerful males are also not the biggest or the tallest, but usually older males skilled in politics that have money or the equivalent of it. As even in primitive societies physical strength means little as even a tall strong 20 year old can be easily killed by one older guy with a stone tipped spear or by two guys.
So, these societies have their "alphas" but they have nothing to do with what people are trying to sell us with their "gorilla mindsets" books or other bullshit, where they teach you to be a roided asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back