War Room Lounge v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I hate when communist scum like @Trotsky doesn't even have a stable platform for his world views and pretends like he's worth talking to.

This isn't anything personal, all communists are scum.

This is the level of discourse we need to protect from those dastardly animated images.

Communism is cancerous. It's quite accepted by intellectuals in 2018.

That doesn't make your metaphor make any sense.

Also, you don't know what communism is, and you certainly don't have any read on the pulse of the intellectual community lol

I have one of the oldest join dates in the War Room so I have seen a lot of the trends in the War Room over the past 15 years. one of the post disturbing is posters responding to cogent well thought out posts without any words. It is increasingly common for posters to post gif and other images in an effort to silence or derail. Is anyone else bothered by this trend?

I often use the Jordan laughing gif when I read something particularly sharp or funny. I don't do it to disrail or silence.

That doesn't make your metaphor make any sense.

Also, you don't know what communism is, and you certainly don't have any read on the pulse of the intellectual community lol

1. You brought me into this saying what I added was trivial

2. I responded with communism being faulty and you don't have a good grasp or a coherent world view as a result.

3. You were trying to be demeaning by sarcastically saying I was necessary to protect people from the gif discourse

4. I am still discussing your world view and communism as bad, and cancerous because it leads to nowhere but lies, deceit, and eventually death

5. The metaphor is fine because you're ironically cancerous to the discourse that we can have and you're intellectually dishonest. It makes sense that you're literally killing what you claim to be, progressive, because your ideology does not tolerate it.

6. Claiming I don't know what communism is, that's not even close to being sourced or accurate. Intellectual community is large, I don't understand specific topics that are discussed at a level in which people who devote their lives to are. I do have a good reading on those who want to spread lies or those who are blatantly ignorant to the facts when they are presented to them. I can admit when I am wrong and learn from it. It happened since I started posting here, I think @Ruprecht even corrected me and I asked a follow up question about Africa. I have never seen the same from you.

Sounds more complicated than rice. But hey, I can make a nice Thai curry yet still fuck up dressing a salad.

As long as you aren't fucking up your steak you should e alright.

On that note I am off, I hope you guys have a great few days. Even you @Trotsky. You may be communist scum, but I don't hate you. I just dislike your ideology.

What's wrong with the like system? It is silly to care about having more likes than post, but the likes doesn't really hurt anything either.
It’s inherently flawed, for example I have a relatively high post to like ratio and I’m terrible.

I have one of the oldest join dates in the War Room so I have seen a lot of the trends in the War Room over the past 15 years. one of the post disturbing is posters responding to cogent well thought out posts without any words. It is increasingly common for posters to post gif and other images in an effort to silence or derail. Is anyone else bothered by this trend?

I'm actually good with it. I guess I kind of see it as a sarcastic agree to disagree response though.

I certainly don't think anyone mistakes it for a post of substance.

I actually have far more issue with the one liner partisan response.

Well thought out post.

Response: "Yeah, that is what a dirty conservative/liberal would say."

I'm actually good with it. I guess I kind of see it as a sarcastic agree to disagree response though.

I certainly don't think anyone mistakes it for a post of substance.

I actually have far more issue with the one liner partisan response.

Well thought out post.

Response: "Yeah, that is what a dirty conservative/liberal would say."

I didn't mind it at first at don't mind it when it is once in awhile for poster.
But for some posters looking at you homer it is the majority of posts. When it becomes your go to post then there is something wrong and you are not conveying any ideas. If it is once in awhile and you have a broad profile of posts then people can infer from contest what you mean. Everyday and it just is annoying

Well, my suggestion was we get rid of image posting and media/tweet embedding altogether. Mostly because the main advantage that a forum has over other social media is as a format for longer, more considered responses. Apparently I'm in a minority though.

I didn't mind it at first at don't mind it when it is once in awhile for poster.
But for some posters looking at you homer it is the majority of posts. When it becomes your go to post then there is something wrong and you are not conveying any ideas. If it is once in awhile and you have a broad profile of posts then people can infer from contest what you mean. Everyday and it just is annoying

Yeah, I get that, makes sense. I guess I prefer it though to the flaming of the past. I mean flaming can be fun and therapeutic, but it isn't productive, and tended to derail threads. Atleast with the gifs it tends to end the interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back