War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit- electorate on staredown

I assume you mean "elaborate." I think it was before 146 because it was near Craftsteak. I was with a friend, and I saw him walking by. I wasn't sure it was him, and so I kind of gawked and then when I was sure, I pointed him out to the friend (who's not a big MMA fan but likes to go with me for the experience). I tried to be subtle, but I guess he misinterpreted the looking and gestures and he starts glaring at me as we're approaching. I don't want to be seen as backing down so I'm glaring right back and we're locked into this staredown as we walk past each other. Neither of us stopped walking so that was that. But I thought, "what an asshole." Maybe he just isn't used to being a kind of public figure.

I assume you mean "elaborate." I think it was before 146 because it was near Craftsteak. I was with a friend, and I saw him walking by. I wasn't sure it was him, and so I kind of gawked and then when I was sure, I pointed him out to the friend (who's not a big MMA fan but likes to go with me for the experience). I tried to be subtle, but I guess he misinterpreted the looking and gestures and he starts glaring at me as we're approaching. I don't want to be seen as backing down so I'm glaring right back and we're locked into this staredown as we walk past each other. Neither of us stopped walking so that was that. But I thought, "what an asshole." Maybe he just isn't used to being a kind of public figure.

Lol @ you getting into a staring match with Ariel.

That says a lot about your physical demeanor and character.

Lol

Lol @ you getting into a staring match with Ariel.

That says a lot about your physical demeanor and character.

Lol

You're a funny guy. So angry.

Anyway, yeah, I was actually impressed that he held up and didn't seem intimidated as I would have expected.

You're a funny guy. So angry.

Anyway, yeah, I was actually impressed that he held up and didn't seem intimidated as I would have expected.

How close were you to witnessing his skin Mr Savage? Did it glisten?

@Lead, like any of the lines for 213? I don't really care about the main event, but this is looking like a pretty solid card overall. Expecting that Whitaker might be undervalued, but I don't see that one up on Bovada yet. They do have Romero/Bisping odds, though. It's fucking crazy that Bisping is the champ when he's definitely not top five in the division and maybe not top 10.

steak tartare

Had this today. I've had it before, but that was a variant (called aller-retoure according to wikipedia) where it was lightly seared, so today was the first time I've had it completely raw. The lightly seared one was probably one of the best meals I've ever had, so by comparison the one today was a bit of a letdown but I suspect part of that is me not being used to it.

I'm generally not a fan of the "eat it until you like it" approach, but I think I'll have to do that here. It was challenging but also tasty, so I feel like I could come to love it without restraint if I give it a few more chances. I wanted a second portion the moment I got home, so that's a sign.

Had this today. I've had it before, but that was a variant (called aller-retoure according to wikipedia) where it was lightly seared, so today was the first time I've had it completely raw. The lightly seared one was probably one of the best meals I've ever had, so by comparison the one today was a bit of a letdown but I suspect part of that is me not being used to it.

I'm generally not a fan of the "eat it until you like it" approach, but I think I'll have to do that here. It was challenging but also tasty, so I feel like I could come to love it without restraint if I give it a few more chances. I wanted a second portion the moment I got home, so that's a sign.

There's a place in Arizona that does something they call "steak sashimi" that is really great. If you're ever out there, I recommend it. The place overall is pretty damned good. Called "City Hall."

There's a place in Arizona that does something they call "steak sashimi" that is really great. If you're ever out there, I recommend it. The place overall is pretty damned good. Called "City Hall."

If my google-fu is on point, it's part of a chain called Mastro's? And the one you're talking about is in Scottsdale? Seems they have similar restaurants in Cali, and if I ever take a vacation to the US (which I really should) that seems preferable. Nothing against Arizona mind, although it seems like a painfully warm state.

If I ever see (and eat) steak sashimi before such a time, I'll report my findings.

This is the best thing ever. In my head I can't help but picture you as Russell himself, which makes it cataclysmically funny.

If my google-fu is on point, it's part of a chain called Mastro's? And the one you're talking about is in Scottsdale? Seems they have similar restaurants in Cali, and if I ever take a vacation to the US (which I really should) that seems preferable. Nothing against Arizona mind, although it seems like a painfully warm state.

If I ever see (and eat) steak sashimi before such a time, I'll report my findings.

I believe that's correct. I'm just now Googling it, and that is the one. Never been to the California locations (even though I live in California, though not in the south, where it looks like they all are) so can't vouch for them. Scottsdale has some nice resort hotels and the weather is actually very nice in the fall and early spring. Not too bad in the winter, but from April to September, it's brutal.

This is the best thing ever. In my head I can't help but picture you as Russell himself, which makes it cataclysmically funny.

I don't actually look anything like Lord Bertie, but that is a good visual.

I believe that's correct. I'm just now Googling it, and that is the one. Never been to the California locations (even though I live in California, though not in the south, where it looks like they all are) so can't vouch for them. Scottsdale has some nice resort hotels and the weather is actually very nice in the fall and early spring. Not too bad in the winter, but from April to September, it's brutal.

Scottsdale AZ, October-March, City Hall, steak sashimi. The things we do, for the meals we crave...

Have you been to Noma in Denmark? Always wanted to give that a try.

I have not. They currently seem to be closed, seemingly they've spent all of 2017 moving locales and are still not done.

What? Cloner is really fighting Floyd? pahjhahaa

@Lead, like any of the lines for 213? I don't really care about the main event, but this is looking like a pretty solid card overall. Expecting that Whitaker might be undervalued, but I don't see that one up on Bovada yet. They do have Romero/Bisping odds, though. It's fucking crazy that Bisping is the champ when he's definitely not top five in the division and maybe not top 10.

I hadn't even noticed the undercard til now. Didn't know lawyer / cerrone was back on and in two weeks. This card looks too good. Watch for an injury for at least one of the main card fights (hopefully the main event out of that grouping).

Not sure on lines lately. I feel odd cause I've been watching a lot more this year but I feel a lot more uncertain about every fight now. I'm glad all of June has an event each weekend though. I've got some time to fill this summer.

What? Cloner is really fighting Floyd? pahjhahaa

Whats even better is it's in two months time now. I thought we'd hear it announced and have to wait six months minimum on it. I definitely will watch but I am more interested in Conor fighting in the UFC again. Kinda feel like he might quit everything altogether after this though. What payday would still exist close to what this fight will bring? Especially if he somehow won?

Whats even better is it's in two months time now. I thought we'd hear it announced and have to wait six months minimum on it. I definitely will watch but I am more interested in Conor fighting in the UFC again. Kinda feel like he might quit everything altogether after this though. What payday would still exist close to what this fight will bring? Especially if he somehow won?
Neither a fan of those freak shows nor of Conor. I might honestly not stream it live and just watch it the next day while doing something else.

Neither a fan of those freak shows nor of Conor. I might honestly not stream it live and just watch it the next day while doing something else.

Nah, I love this stuff where people actually know the fight exists and want to see it. I deal enough with having no one even know a UFC ppv is coming up let alone who is on it. The atmosphere is going to be awesome at whatever bar I pick. It's going to be like World Cup games at the irish pub. Can't wait for that to come around again

Nah, I love this stuff where people actually know the fight exists and want to see it. I deal enough with having no one even know a UFC ppv is coming up let alone who is on it. The atmosphere is going to be awesome at whatever bar I pick. It's going to be like World Cup games at the irish pub. Can't wait for that to come around again
Are you meeting @senri and I at the hostel bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back