War Room OT Discussion v3 | Page 19

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Fawlty, Nov 24, 2017.

  1. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    It would be nice to read some analysis though. So far, what you've shown us is no more than a second-year math major with very little political science could show us, and yet you seem to be a lot more educated than that.

    It's always strange when people are reticent about their abilities when discussing topics within their apparent expertise.
     
    #361
    HomerThompson likes this.
  2. waiguoren Black Belt

    waiguoren
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,806
    Likes Received:
    3,087
    Location:
    China
    It's essential that people continue to underestimate me. If they knew my true abilities, they would no longer be willing to bet with me. I must bet to survive.
     
    #362
  3. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    It's too much affect dude. You have zero reason to be insecure about your intellect. You're 89th percentile, absolutely nothing to be ashamed about.
     
    #363
    HomerThompson and Jack V Savage like this.
  4. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    Fuck me though, 89th percentile is like a silver medal in the olympics. Really heartbreaking for the recipient, though still commendable.
     
    #364
    HomerThompson likes this.
  5. waiguoren Black Belt

    waiguoren
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,806
    Likes Received:
    3,087
    Location:
    China
    The SAT score report said 98th (still salty about that TBH), but who keeps track of these things anyway?
     
    #365
  6. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    Dyslexia is a motherfucker. I leef your naip.
     
    #366
    Tekk and HomerThompson like this.
  7. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark

    JudoThrowFiasco
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    19,101
    Likes Received:
    17,714
    Jeezus, you phags still bickering about this shit?
     
    #367
    HomerThompson and Fawlty like this.
  8. CEROVFC --------------------------------------------------

    CEROVFC
    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2007
    Messages:
    11,371
    Likes Received:
    4,708
    I don't even understand what's going on.
     
    #368
  9. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

    Jack V Savage
    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2004
    Messages:
    56,621
    Likes Received:
    15,393
    What do you mean you "beat him"? Are you running with "there is a 51% chance X will happen" is a solid prediction that X will happen, and so if someone else says "there is a 49% chance X will happen" and X doesn't happen, that's a "win"? Please tell me I'm wrong there because I think that would mean that Fawlty and I both are overestimating you. And you know Silver would never make that mistake.
     
    #369
    Fawlty likes this.
  10. HomerThompson President Elect

    HomerThompson
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2005
    Messages:
    28,920
    Likes Received:
    29,924
    Location:
    Terror Lake
    <{you!}>
     
    #370
    Limbo Pete likes this.
  11. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    You know what man, I used to have some impressive numbers but then everything inexplicably went to shit. It happens. You've peaked, we all do. Hell, I'd bet that I'm only barely a genius now. Frankly, it's embarrassing. If I'm not rocking high double 9's I feel like I'm letting down the species. It's a burden!







    <Gordonhat>
     
    #371
    Limbo Pete and HomerThompson like this.
  12. waiguoren Black Belt

    waiguoren
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,806
    Likes Received:
    3,087
    Location:
    China
    In what way did everything go to shit for you?
     
    #372
  13. Limbo Pete Super Samoderator Belt

    Limbo Pete
    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2013
    Messages:
    14,487
    Likes Received:
    21,458
    This got pretty good imo
     
    #373
    HomerThompson likes this.
  14. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    lol just having some fun man. The burden of the smart kid, oh, the burden!

    It's the state of being when being 89th percentile is a horrifying thought. People who can relate will relate. It's hilarious really. Lots of people like that post in the WR, and a lot have questionable social skills.
     
    #374
  15. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    Right now, somewhere in China, there are 88 people looking up at waiguoren in awe. But not 89.
     
    #375
    Bald1 and HomerThompson like this.
  16. waiguoren Black Belt

    waiguoren
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,806
    Likes Received:
    3,087
    Location:
    China
    You lost me a long time ago. I believe I know what you have been trying to do, but the execution has been off just a bit.

    A+ for effort, though, nearing 89th percentile for sure
     
    #376
  17. waiguoren Black Belt

    waiguoren
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,806
    Likes Received:
    3,087
    Location:
    China
    Let Xi be the event that my model's vote discrepancy would be more accurate than Silver's in state i. Let us assume these are independent events.

    According to you,
    P(Xi) <= .5

    Thus P(X1 ∩ X2 ∩ X3) <= .125

    Nevertheless, event X1 ∩ X2 ∩ X3 did occur. This is good Bayesian evidence that my model is superior.

    Further evidence is forthcoming.
     
    #377
  18. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    The 89th percentile is full of people who think winning three coin flips in a row is evidence of skill.

    Nice notation though.
     
    #378
    HomerThompson and Jack V Savage like this.
  19. waiguoren Black Belt

    waiguoren
    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,806
    Likes Received:
    3,087
    Location:
    China
    If anyone here actually understood Bayesian probability, they would mock you for this comment.

    The response from the peanut gallery will be predictable, however.
     
    #379
  20. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

    Fawlty
    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2015
    Messages:
    15,688
    Likes Received:
    23,472
    Location:
    podcast
    .5^3=.125

    [​IMG]
     
    #380
    Limbo Pete and HomerThompson like this.

Share This Page

monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"