War Room OT Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard at some funerals they will play the dead person's ipod as like background music. I would be embarrassed. People would be like WTF. going from madonna to cop killer. And when mmmbop by Hanson played. Shit like that.

Fuck it. I like this song

reminds me of this. I will not be ashamed for liking Hanson. lol.

“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

C.S. Lewis, On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature

I love cyndi lauper. I got that on my ipod. And this:

We have no past we won't reach back
Keep with me forward all through the night
And once we start the meter clicks
And it goes running all through the night
Until it ends there is no end
All through the night
stray cat is crying so stray cat sings back
All through the night
They have forgotten what by day they lack
Oh under those white street lamps
There is a little chance they may see

She's one of my guilty pleasures. There's nothing quite like belting out Girls Just Wanna Have Fun just as a customer walks in on you.:oops:

She's one of my guilty pleasures. There's nothing quite like belting out Girls Just Wanna Have Fun just as a customer walks in on you.:oops:

How can that song not pump you up? She is like a female Boy George. lol. Who I also like.

What's good enough for you
Is good enough for me
It's good enough
It's good enough for me
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Maybe my favorite scene from Goonies. Feldman. My dreams didn't come true so I am taking them all back.

(The Goonies are collecting coins from a wishing well)

Stef: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, stop, stop! You can’t do this.

Data: Why?

Mikey: Why?

Stef: Because these are somebody else’s wishes. They’re somebody else’s dreams.

Mouth: Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn’t come true. So I’m taking it back. I’m taking them all back.

I love cyndi lauper. I got that on my ipod. And this:

We have no past we won't reach back
Keep with me forward all through the night
And once we start the meter clicks
And it goes running all through the night
Until it ends there is no end
All through the night
stray cat is crying so stray cat sings back
All through the night
They have forgotten what by day they lack
Oh under those white street lamps
There is a little chance they may see

More of a Blondie guy myself, but Cyndi was good too.

Maybe my favorite scene from Goonies. Feldman. My dreams didn't come true so I am taking them all back.

(The Goonies are collecting coins from a wishing well)

Stef: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, stop, stop! You can’t do this.

Data: Why?

Mikey: Why?

Stef: Because these are somebody else’s wishes. They’re somebody else’s dreams.

Mouth: Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn’t come true. So I’m taking it back. I’m taking them all back.

I saw this the other day again and I was surprised how little the mom cared that Data smashed her screen door and broke the cock off her statue.

Terrible acting.

More of a Blondie guy myself, but Cyndi was good too.
Debbie Harris was such a fox
4b26a1d9deff16c6a6184c0e24299662.jpg

Can a mod tell me where my thread went wrong? I just had a thread deleted which exposed the literal style guides that a Nazi website compiled in order to win people to their cause. I didn't think it violated the rules because I wasn't using hate speech or calling for violence, but exposing the propaganda techniques of people who want to indoctrinate people in their belief system.

What should I have done differently if I wanted to post that thread? And can I repost it with these changes? The article was quite informative as to the ways they want to manipulate people.

@panamaican @Lead @Limbo Pete

Can a mod tell me where my thread went wrong? I just had a thread deleted which exposed the literal style guides that a Nazi website compiled in order to win people to their cause. I didn't think it violated the rules because I wasn't using hate speech or calling for violence, but exposing the propaganda techniques of people who want to indoctrinate people in their belief system.

What should I have done differently if I wanted to post that thread? And can I repost it with these changes? The article was quite informative as to the ways they want to manipulate people.

@panamaican @Lead @Limbo Pete

Hey there.

Sometimes threads are dumped/deleted not because they are infraction worthy but a mod thinks the result of the topic may just lead to more trouble than it's worth. I'm not entirely sure if this is one of those cases. The note for the deletion was "Too inflammatory." so maybe if you cut down on the terms that were used (whether you were quoting people or not), it possibly could work. I can ask for more details if you'd like but that's the best I can gather without directly contacting them.

Hey there.

Sometimes threads are dumped/deleted not because they are infraction worthy but a mod thinks the result of the topic may just lead to more trouble than it's worth. I'm not entirely sure if this is one of those cases. The note for the deletion was "Too inflammatory." so maybe if you cut down on the terms that were used (whether you were quoting people or not), it possibly could work. I can ask for more details if you'd like but that's the best I can gather without directly contacting them.

Yeah, I'd like to repost it because I think it was valuable. I did use a pretty inflamatory title, but it was a direct quote of both them and the title of the news article I was linking to so I thought it would be okay. If you can, let me know what changes to make and I'd be happy to make them. Thank you for looking into this, I appreciate it.

Yeah, I'd like to repost it because I think it was valuable. I did use a pretty inflamatory title, but it was a direct quote of both them and the title of the news article I was linking to so I thought it would be okay. If you can, let me know what changes to make and I'd be happy to make them. Thank you for looking into this, I appreciate it.

I'll get back to you.

Growing up In the seventies Debby Harry was the first punky chick that crossed into the mainstream , 12 year old Crow definitely approved

As Borat would say... "I love American music.... Cindy Lauper..... Girls Just Wanna Have Fuck"

@HomerThompson

The election thread is gone... am I getting a cabinet position in your government?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back