War Room OT Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't excusing him. I just don't care that he referred to shitholes by their proper name.

On the topic of "higher standards", I used to agree with you but Trump has changed my mind.

I think his crudeness is a good thing on net. Every time he says something like this, we have a new national debate about issues like immigration. Everyone gets sucked in to the debates. The "shithole" Sherdog thread is already 88 pages long!

Old assumptions are challenged. People educate themselves.

I see a lot of people who were never politically engaged before getting really interested in politics and it's largely because of Trump's boorishness. The cold, hard truth is that the professionalism that you're calling for is really boring for most, especially for young people. They tend to become apathetic and disengaged from politics under ordinary circumstances.
Sigh...

So this is what we've become? A society run by apathetic disengaged morons who respond only to retard-talk?

If you've given up on a higher standard so be it but then you're part of the problem...fuck you are the problem.

Sigh...

So this is what we've become? A society run by apathetic disengaged morons who respond only to retard-talk?

If you've given up on a higher standard so be it but then you're part of the problem...fuck you are the problem.
We became that a long time ago, my friend. The evidence is everywhere.

Look at turnout rates among the youth in off-year elections compared to presidential years. It's atrocious. It takes a massive media storm or a handsome half-black presidential candidate to get young people to care at all about politics.

George W. Bush got re-elected. That guy's presidency was a disaster but people still supported him in droves.

I didn't say I've given up on a higher standard. I just think that at this moment, Trump's crudeness is helping to educate people. Everyone is on edge now, and the internet is allowing people to vent and converse about lots of complicated issues. It's a great time in US history.

, Trump's crudeness is helping to educate people. Everyone is on edge now, and the internet is allowing people to vent and converse about lots of complicated issues. It's a great time in US history.
This is the part I have a problem with. Yes the internet and everyone being connected 24/7 can be a good thing. That interconnected thing has made it obvious that most people are morons. Trump has grabbed on like a tick sucking from the blood of idiots. OK it gets them talking, if they can peel their face off of the I-phone. You do make a reasonable point though.

Dilly dilly.

Ever since I got into the market I hate the weekends now. lol. I don't hate them really but I actually look forward to Monday now. The market is gonna be closed again tomorrow for MLK. A lot of monday holidays recently.

I doubt there will ever be a Malcolm X holiday. Malcolm was put on a stamp though. Chuck D said in Public Enemy "my heroes dont appear on no stamps". Malcolm eventually did though. Wonder what he would think about it. I think he would laugh. Not snidely either. I think he would get a kick out of it. He was a little kid at heart. You can see it sometimes. One time after a fiery speech a reporter asked him if he considered himself extremist. And Malcolm laughed and said, "I consider myself Malcolm."

He could also laugh at himself and admit he was wrong. Hitler couldn't do that. He was always on. His book is just a diatribe. lol. Malcolm's made me laugh and cry.

This Balfour Declaration. Was watching something on it last night. Kind of kicked off or sped up Zionism. One of the main reasons Britain did that --which I wasn't aware of-- was to try to suck up to the new Russian communist revolution during WW1. A lot of Jews in that movement. Like Trotsky and Lenin. Problem is, Trotsky and Lenin are internationalists and give no fucks about Jewish unity and in fact labelled zionism as a capitalist movement. lol. such a stupid move by Britain. Britain and France really fucked up the world during and after WW1 and the shit is still front page news and a flashpoint till this day.

He could also laugh at himself and admit he was wrong. Hitler couldn't do that. He was always on. His book is just a diatribe. lol. Malcolm's made me laugh and cry.

So in conclusion Malcolm X > Hitler? Preach brother, hell yes.

So in conclusion Malcolm X > Hitler? Preach brother, hell yes.
tumblr_led5jlVQ1O1qg0mkko1_500.gif

I was gonna post this in the MLK thread but thought it would be disrespectful. But he reminds me of the power of the spoken word. Hitler knew that too. Words are powerful. Personalities are powerful.

"For let it be said to all our present-day fops and knights of the pen: the greatest revolutions in this world have never been directed by a goose-quill!

No, to the pen it has always been reserved to provide their theoretical foundations.

But the power which has always started the greatest religious and political avalanches in history rolling has from time immemorial been the magic power of the spoken word, and that alone.

Particularly the broad masses of the people can be moved only by the power of speech. And all great movements are popular movements, volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotional sentiments, stirred either by the cruel Goddess of Distress or by the firebrand of the word hurled among the masses; they are not the lemonade-like outpourings of literary aesthetes and drawing-room heroes.

Only a storm of hot passion can turn the destinies of peoples, and he alone can arouse passion who bears it within himself. It alone gives its chosen one the words which like hammer blows can open the gates to the heart of a people."

-Hitler

Remember in Space Balls when Dark Helmet told the other guy that good will never beat evil because good is dumb? Great movie. I was saying how one of my favorite MLK quotes was on time. How people think just the flow it is causes progress. He says it takes work and he feels that evil people have used time more constructively than good people." I believe he is right, so the correct statement is, "Good will never win cuz it is lazy."

Good is lazy. Jesus was lazy too. Say what you want about Trump and guys on Wall Street but these guys are always doing something. Then go to your local music festival and hang out with the hippies and cool people. These are good people. They are also fuckin lazy. While all these other guys are working hard to make the world a worse place lol.

Bullshit motherfucker. Southern liberal here and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. We're doing fine down here and getting along. That orange clown doesn't represent the South.

No one is "offended", it's just the indifference to his voting bloc that's amazing. Gotta give Trump credit for that...seen it before but on this level it's impressive. Way to take a giant shit on people and they come back asking for another dump.

Go read the Alabama Thread, Kid Rock

Was watching a vid on the difference between LoTR books/movies, came across these comments:

housefly ma 9 months ago
I just today found out that im terminally ill... With not much time at all. And just watching this made me laugh and made my day so much better. Thank you.

BenjaminEide Fawkes 3 weeks ago
its been 9 months, you better be dead.​

Nothing you wrote addresses the point.

I'm from the North and grew up around almost all lefties. Guess what? It was extremely common to hear those people bashing southerners as being dumb racists. States like Alabama were referred to as "shitholes".

And that's the point. The double standards are hilarious. It's ok for northern liberals to crap on the South, but it's an abomination when Trump does the same thing about places like Haiti that are objectively much worse?
Its almost like we're holding the POTUS to a higher standard or something. Very strange, why would anyone do that?

Its almost like we're holding the POTUS to a higher standard or something. Very strange, why would anyone do that?
Holding him to a higher standard than you hold yourself to? Yeah, that's pretty absurd.

Holding him to a higher standard than you hold yourself to? Yeah, that's pretty absurd.
You're right, at this point I don't see why anyone has any standards for Trump; he doesn't have any for himself, that much is clear

You're right, at this point I don't see why anyone has any standards for Trump; he doesn't have any for himself, that much is clear
Yeah, that's not what I wrote. But carry on.

You know who a good Senator was? Carl Levin. I have been watching nearly everything I can find on economic scandals in the recent past. From Enron to the housing bubble. Levin is always there asking the tough questions and holding their feet to the fire. But for some reason nothing ever changes and I don't think it is his fault. If everyone grilled these guys like him or was as angry at them for fucking people over maybe shit would change. Barbara Boxer was another bulldog.

I really don't know how they can maintain any composure. I would drop the hammer on these guys. Insults would be flying. I would shame them so bad. Make them feel so small. Anything I could. lol. I would tell them I am dedicating my life in this office to personally destroy you. Go full Tom Cruise.

Last edited:
Was watching a vid on the difference between LoTR books/movies, came across these comments:

housefly ma 9 months ago
I just today found out that im terminally ill... With not much time at all. And just watching this made me laugh and made my day so much better. Thank you.

BenjaminEide Fawkes 3 weeks ago
its been 9 months, you better be dead.​
<{you!}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back