War Room OT Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had bought Twitter a couple months ago when I pronounced it dead and argued with @Jack V Savage about it I would be up double my money right now.

I sell stocks too quick. Warren Buffett said the best time to sell is never. He has iron hands. His entire game is long term. He said the stock market is a device for transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient. Twitter isn't the only one I missed out on. Sold stocks at profit but are up even more now. Patience.

If I bought stocks, I would cyclically buy stocks in firearm manufacturers right before the outset of primary season and then sell them the night before, or if I'm confident in the Democrat winner right after, the general when all those hicks are stocking up their armory in case the librulz take power.

I've reviewed the stock data and my assumptions are spot-on. The last 3 elections.

He's fast an accurate but also a hard hitter. I feel like he can be kind of hittable himself though which surely is something you wanna avoid against Francis. It's gonna be, at least for the first couple rounds, one of those tense fights you only get at HW.
For sure, Stipe has never been hard to hit, and Ng could totally put his lights out. However, Stipe is just as capable of that. I think that beyond the first round barrage, it's Stipe in cardio & experience/cage-iness, and probably technique too. To me it adds up to roughly a 60/40 chance for Ng in round 1, and it only gets worse for him from there.

I guess it's that classic matchup where one guy really needs to make it out of round 1. And it's going to fucking rock no matter what.

For sure, Stipe has never been hard to hit, and Ng could totally put his lights out. However, Stipe is just as capable of that. I think that beyond the first round barrage, it's Stipe in cardio & experience/cage-iness, and probably technique too. To me it adds up to roughly a 60/40 chance for Ng in round 1, and it only gets worse for him from there.

I guess it's that classic matchup where one guy really needs to make it out of round 1. And it's going to fucking rock no matter what.
You really just don't get that same tension outside HW. Not regularly, anyway.

You really just don't get that same tension outside HW. Not regularly, anyway.
Hall vs Belfort would have been nice :(

I would have been there live (first time the UFC has been to STL), but I had an airport pickup. Probably a good thing, because I would have been pissed had I gone there and the fight called off.

If I bought stocks, I would cyclically buy stocks in firearm manufacturers right before the outset of primary season and then sell them the night before, or if I'm confident in the Democrat winner right after, the general when all those hicks are stocking up their armory in case the librulz take power.

I've reviewed the stock data and my assumptions are spot-on. The last 3 elections.

Sounds like a good idea but be careful of black swans. like a shooting. or some huge terrorist attack.

Actually you could do it more often than primary season. do it every time there is a mass shooting. cuz there will be calls for gun control as usual after the event. lol. I own stock in a company that detects gunshots acoustically. They can pinpoint anywhere a gun was shot in the city. They get a pop up on their little police computer with the location and directions immediately. Most gunshots go unreported. This catches them all. When and where.

words matter. politicians even mentioning gun control in the media is bad for stocks. FB dived after Zuckerberg said he wanted Facebook to make the world a better place instead of profit. lol. sure buddy

we are talking about swing trading on mass shootings. hmm

I am selling Tesla tomorrow because of this chart. I plan on buying it back when it dips. There are reversal patterns here.

27018611_377063969387318_1896861229_o.png

Looks like a shooting star or inverted hammer.
shooting-star-candlestick-potential.png

shootingstar.jpg

Looks like a reversal. Now we are going down. Let's see if I'm right.

I would love to be able to do that, but I doubt it's going to happen. Not because of time- I just can't read very well- but I'm trying. Even went to a therapist for it. Been reading an average of 2 each month since last august (mostly for school, textbooks not included), and it's a motherfucker. Anybody else just have a hell of a time not floating off into your own thoughts 4 or 5 times per page?

Once you get started, it gets more addicting (like the WR). I average 1-2 per week.

I think I'll start along with @Fawlty. I already read semi regularly, but I wanna do at least one a week.
Just finished the first two Whitcher books and I was reading The Origins of Political Order but stopped.

What do you guys think about the upcoming HW title fight? Miocic defends?

I can't see an advantage in the betting line, seems fair to me.

I wouldn't bet it, but I'm team Stipe all the way.

I wouldn't bet it, but I'm team Stipe all the way.

Now Now Mr Shrzvh;avreuah;vrgh;easrtguaegbt;u....

You can never underestimate the dark ebonic flesh. It is part of the main pillars of The Nexus...

Once you get started, it gets more addicting (like the WR). I average 1-2 per week.
The quantity of reading I do for work has put a damper on my ability to read books for pleasure (don't get me wrong - I enjoy reading a lot of the stuff that I read for work, but cases aren't books). I was pretty happy hitting my goal of two-three books per month, though. Trying to sustain that with more varied reading this year. Picked up a few recommendations from the warroom, even.

Ok, my prediction on Tesla was wrong. They are up today. Which is actually good. Sold at 347. Bought at 300. Will buy back when dips again. Boeing is also dipping and I got my eyes on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back