War Room OT Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon prime is raising month to month price fees by a dollar or 2. Cramer said that is a the biggest buy signal ever. They can raise prices without much resistance. Think I may get an amazon stock.

Amazon announced Friday an immediate price hike of $2 for its Prime monthly subscription, from $10.99 to $12.99 a month - nearly a 20% increase. Students will also see their discounted monthly subscription jump from $5.49 to $6.49, an 18% increase.

The good news is that the price of annual Prime memberships stays the same, at $99 for regular customers and $49 for students, which are by far the most popular and economical membership plans, especially if you compare it with the monthly options which will end up costing you around $160 and $78 per year, respectively.

However, our analysis suggests that Friday's announcement is just a prelude to an even bigger one: Amazon will soon - in the next few months - be raising the price of its popular annual membership, most likely to $119, also a 20% increase and the first in 4 years.

But why?

The shortest answer is... because Amazon can.

Besides, at $119, $160 or even $200, Amazon Prime will still be a great value.

A lot of the products sold by Amazon are not only cheaper than at traditional retailers but also are delivered right at your doorstep, in 2 days or sometimes the same day. Which means fewer trips to the store, no waiting in line at the register, etc.

And when you add the digital services (music, video, and photos), it's just a no-brainer: price, selection, convenience, and service are what makes Amazon Prime one of the best deals on the Internet.

On the financial side, Prime's price hike will significantly boost Amazon's top (sales) and bottom (profits) lines in 2018 which will positively impact both its share price - Amazon has the highest price-to-earnings (PE) ratio of any company in the S&P 500 stock index at more than 300 times - and increase its capacity to re-invest in its business (logistics, content, new verticals...), through acquisitions for example.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanba...f-prime-memberships-this-year/2/#3092320b2080

I am starting to notice the same culprits derailing any non left thread. And yes, there is 1 Mod that seems to join the derailing. When those that started the threads shoot back. Mod notices pop up. After said Mod notices pop up the thread starters usually bail and the derailing just continues with no opposing posts
Get off of the internet and take a brisk walk.

Homer made a thread criticizing the mainstream media and its profit-driven abuse of "both sides," and then about 10 people went batshit crazy on him.

VivaRev flipped out on Jopious and implied that he does things with fellas that men ought not to do with fellas.

Holy shit, I just experienced it first hand. Said the language of the 2A doesn't mean that government cannot pass any gun regulations, and some dude nearly had an aneurysm.

Well with that said, if Stipe beats Cain, is Stipe the best ever? Or is it Stipe beat layoff Cain or just possibly Stipe needs more to his record before considering that.

If Stipe beat Cain he would be the best ever, though I think for Cain to lose, Cain would have to be a shell of his former self. Perhaps after all the injuries Cain won't be the same.

I don't know how you figure that. About 10 people itt completely flipped their shit on him. He's basically king of rustle mountain, without that even being the intention of the thread.
Dumbest white knight ever. Even dumber and more cucky than Hummer white knighting Hack V Sausage.

If Stipe beat Cain he would be the best ever, though I think for Cain to lose, Cain would have to be a shell of his former self. Perhaps after all the injuries Cain won't be the same.

I feel like the HW GOAT is really up for grabs to a lot of people. Cain and then Werdum were in that discussion for awhile and now even Stipe is. I'm kinda surprised the Fedor status has worn off this fast. I do wonder if his extended career has done a lot of damage to his legacy. It just makes it weird for people to call someone a GOAT as they are currently losing fights to current comp.

Only removing certain peoples posts when there is a clear plethora of offtopic posts? K

If you believe a post is OT in that thread AFTER the second mod note I made here:
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/137815163/
Feel free to report it and we will look into it.

What you shouldn't do is further derail the thread talking about those posts. It makes it very difficult to handle these situations when you guys want to continue talking about it in that thread instead of moving on with the topic. I've given two warnings, deleted multiple posts from both sides, and even continued discuss about it in here. Can you please just try to avoid derailing the thread and use the report feature when you think things are getting out of hand? Or at the very least, bring complaints to this thread, support subforum, or PM a mod/admin?

If you believe a post is OT in that thread AFTER the second mod note I made here:
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/137815163/
Feel free to report it and we will look into it.

What you shouldn't do is further derail the thread talking about those posts. It makes it very difficult to handle these situations when you guys want to continue talking about it in that thread instead of moving on with the topic. I've given two warnings, deleted multiple posts from both sides, and even continued discuss about it in here. Can you please just try to avoid derailing the thread and use the report feature when you think things are getting out of hand? Or at the very least, bring complaints to this thread, support subforum, or PM a mod/admin?
Paris BTFO

Only removing certain peoples posts when there is a clear plethora of offtopic posts? K

It's what happens when people hit dat report button. Some people do it more than others.

The narrowest of openings are often the most pleasurable paths to the nexus

Can you feel it Mr @Lead? It is manifesting what will slip inside. Allow it to happen...

Last edited:
Viva did get a little extra crazy, though.

Sometimes I miss the old WR. It wasn't better, but it was more therapeutic.

I received my PHD in anger trolling in the old WR, and like a liberal arts degree, I am disappointed that I can't put it to use.

Sometimes I miss the old WR. It wasn't better, but it was more therapeutic.

I received my PHD in anger trolling in the old WR, and like a liberal arts degree, I am disappointed that I can't put it to use.

You can always go to the OT and go all out with flaming. That's kinda why we avoid OT rules here. It pretty much would be political in name only and just a bunch of flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back