War Room OT Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always go to the OT and go all out with flaming. That's kinda why we avoid OT rules here. It pretty much would be political in name only and just a bunch of flaming.

Yeah that sounds like the old WR, when everything basically just devolved to shit throwing.

There was an art to it though. The ability to not get rustled, by itself was a skill. I have always had an ability to push buttons, so the old WR was just a sharpening stone to my edge.

I feel like the HW GOAT is really up for grabs to a lot of people. Cain and then Werdum were in that discussion for awhile and now even Stipe is. I'm kinda surprised the Fedor status has worn off this fast. I do wonder if his extended career has done a lot of damage to his legacy. It just makes it weird for people to call someone a GOAT as they are currently losing fights to current comp.

I think Fedor is pretty safe for now. I don't see people watching tapes of prime Fedor and prime Stipe and concluding that Stipe is better (though as I've said, I think Stipe is better than he looks). Cain is certainly up there, but I still think Werdum has to be ahead of him. He won head to head, had a better peak, and a better overall career (though Cain is more likely to add to his resume).

Yeah that sounds like the old WR, when everything basically just devolved to shit throwing.

There was an art to it though. The ability to not get rustled, by itself was a skill. I have always had an ability to push buttons, so the old WR was just a sharpening stone to my edge.

Pimptight was known for losing his shit extremely easily, though. And seemed to be a more comical figure than one who pushes anyone's buttons.

I feel like the HW GOAT is really up for grabs to a lot of people. Cain and then Werdum were in that discussion for awhile and now even Stipe is. I'm kinda surprised the Fedor status has worn off this fast. I do wonder if his extended career has done a lot of damage to his legacy. It just makes it weird for people to call someone a GOAT as they are currently losing fights to current comp.

MMA fans are so weird this way. No one thought Michael Jordan’s legacy was tainted because he didn’t win a championship with the Wizards. Losing to Leon Spinks didn’t ruin Ali’s legacy. Athletes age and wear down like all humans beings.

lotsa whining in here all of a sudden, man up bitches

MMA fans are so weird this way. No one thought Michael Jordan’s legacy was tainted because he didn’t win a championship with the Wizards. Losing to Leon Spinks didn’t ruin Ali’s legacy. Athletes age and wear down like all humans beings.
Wrong. Anyone who eventually loses was always an overrated can.

Pimptight was known for losing his shit extremely easily, though. And seemed to be a more comical figure than one who pushes anyone's buttons.

You never understood the difference between losing your shit, and strategic escalation. I lost my shit a few times. I also created alot of honey traps for trolls who thought they were getting the better of me.

Funny coming from the running joke of the WR, and most universally despised poster on both sides.

Be proud Jack. The left and right can't agree on feeding children, but in the WR, the one thing we all agree on, is that Jack v savage is a disengenuous, condescending, douche.

I came in that thread directing that at multiple posters and deleted posts from multiple posters as well. It wasn't directed at anyone opposing Homer. Just a call for it to get back on topic. You are free to point out threads where that happens (through the report feature) and we will try to address it similarly. I know in the past I have followed the same idea (post warning, then deletions, then reply bans, then dump if all else fails).
Man, I always miss the good shit around here

You never understood the difference between losing your shit, and strategic escalation. I lost my shit a few times. I also created alot of honey traps for trolls who thought they were getting the better of me.
Uhhhhh

what is it that you think honeytrap means?

Uhhhhh

what is it that you think honeytrap means?

Is it the vagine?

th

I think MMA attracts a lot of fans who aren't otherwise sports fans. It is different than other sports. That is why they like it. Now it is becoming more professional and like other sports which makes some people get annoyed. It's just another generic sport now.

oh and one thing the UFC really needs to fix is the round display on the tv screen. You can't tell what round it is unless you know what you are looking for. The round markers are tiny little grey slivers at the bottom of the screen.

to quote doughbelly"

It's not obvious and a poor human interface choice.

If you're not in the first or final frame and know it, then you don't know if the number of ticked boxes are rounds elapsed or the the round you're in. If you think about it, you can reason it out, but that's why it's a poor choice for design - it forces you to think about it instead of making you aware at a glance.

oh and one thing the UFC really needs to fix is the round display on the tv screen. You can't tell what round it is unless you know what you are looking for. The round markers are tiny little grey slivers at the bottom of the screen.
Yes that is really annoying. When was the last time a ballgame was in the _ _ _ _ _ inning? Even circles would be fine. Brains don't pick out that shape very well and we don't associate it with rounds/quarters/periods.

Yes that is really annoying. When was the last time a ballgame was in the _ _ _ _ _ inning? Even circles would be fine. Brains don't pick out that shape very well and we don't associate it with rounds/quarters/periods.
Shapeist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back