War Room OT Discussion v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Trotsky are you a dialectical materialist?

Absolutely

Like when I first started reading economics, it was books by capitalists. Hayek. Friedman etc. I noticed I was getting just as much an "education" on communism as I was capitalism because that is what they are trying to knock over. Then after that I go to Marx and others and have them educate me on capitalism. All bases are covered. capitalism from the capitalist side. capitalism from the communist side. communism from the capitalist side. communism from the communist side.

Dialectic.

Well, there is a need for context.

Generally, anti-communist capitalist thought isn't actually aimed at communism, but at illiberal command economy.

Also, most historical anti-capitalist communist thought was pre-Keynesianism, although it seems to be becoming more relevant in 2018 than it seems it could be in 1970.

Netflix.com bruh.

So anyway. I'm doing New Orleans, Fayetteville, Little Rock, Springfield, Joplin, St Louis, Lawrence, Wichita, Kansas City, and Chicago in one run (two weeks.. Jesus).

It's called the Nicks @ Nite Sad and Douchee Tour. Y'all come out.
Shit, hoping you make it to a city near me sometime.

@Exception Bring it cupcake.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely

Generally, anti-communist capitalist thought isn't actually aimed at communism, but at illiberal command economy.

Also, most historical anti-capitalist communist thought was pre-Keynesianism, although it seems to be becoming more relevant in 2018 than it seems it could be in 1970.

Like the Tao. There is yin in yang and yang in yin. Each contains a seed of its opposite which it will slowly change into. For example, there is death in us. There is a seed of it. It is growing everyday.

There's this creation myth from I forgot where that says death created the universe. Before all else, there was death.

Absolutely

Is communism possible without a primarily command economy? I was under the impression that most anti-communist capitalist thought was directed at the fact that most attempts at creating communist economic systems have led to state-driven authoritarian economies with unaccountable political elites, further driving power away from the hands of the masses.

Is communism possible without a primarily command economy?

Yes, but I'm really not in the mood to get into a long explanation. You can do a targeted search on my posts to find me addressing this topic specifically.

I was under the impression that most anti-communist capitalist thought was directed at the fact that most attempts at creating communist economic systems have led to state-driven authoritarian economies with unaccountable political elites, further driving power away from the hands of the masses.

Those critiques were post-October Revolution/Leninism (which set the playbook for seizure of the state) and post-Stalinism (which set the playbook for establishment of the state capitalist bureaucracy).

Last edited:
You've got a shitty couch to stay on here if you need it.

I really appreciate that man! I always say I left my heart in Oahu. Maybe in a year or so.

Shit, hoping you make it to a city near me sometime.

Where you at? I'm really close to being able to Stanhope it and just live a life on the road. Right now I'm on a shoestring budget making around $50 to $150 a show but after headlining a tour my stature will go up a lot.

I keep telling young comics you can't wait, you go hungry, you sleep in cars, you pick up a fat chick at a bar for a place to stay, you sleep on couches of comics, if you really want to be a real comedian you sacrifice a lot in the beginning.

Also drumroll please! My tour poster is done! What do you guys think? (Dates will be at the top)

28058407_10210366816306039_3245236211189259779_n.jpg

Lol that's always a weird gig! Waiting on the venue. I'll have a full tour date list up within a few weeks. I'm doing NOLA the second, Little Rock the 8th, Joplin the 9th, judging a roast battle the 11th here so maybe Fayetteville or OKC the 10th.

Trying to do STL the day before Chicago so I'm being really vague on dates for those cities understandably.

In May I'm touring from NOLA to Portland, hitting up the better cities. Denver, Vegas, LA, Seattle are all locks.

Kind of insane what's happening in my life right now to be honest.

No matter what anyone says to you in here, you got some balls, man.

Good luck. You're living a dream. Keep at it.

No matter what anyone says to you in here, you got some balls, man.

Good luck. You're living a dream. Keep at it.

Well hopefully when I wake up from the dream it's next to a long bottom bitch on the beach.

But honestly I haven't been happier probably ever. I'm finally decent at stand up. I'm poor as fuck, can't afford a car, but I eat well, fans buy my drinks and share their weed, and I truly get to make people happy. The small celebrity status I have in this city is a plus but I truly believe it's better to be poor and doing what you love than make a lot of money doing something you hate.

Well hopefully when I wake up from the dream it's next to a long bottom bitch on the beach.

But honestly I haven't been happier probably ever. I'm finally decent at stand up. I'm poor as fuck, can't afford a car, but I eat well, fans buy my drinks and share their weed, and I truly get to make people happy. The small celebrity status I have in this city is a plus but I truly believe it's better to be poor and doing what you love than make a lot of money doing something you hate.

Well, you're in the haystack now. I've seen some of the sets you've posted. You're not terrible. I don't know how aware of it you are, or how seriously you take my opinion, but you seem to have a presence about you when you're on stage, and appear professional enough, like you actually know what the fuck you're doing, which is a hell of a lot more than I say for half the comics I've seen in clubs.

Keep refining that craft, and you never know.

Well, you're in the haystack now. I've seen some of the sets you've posted. You're not terrible. I don't know how aware of it you are, or how seriously you take my opinion, but you seem to have a presence about you when you're on stage, and appear professional enough, like you actually know what the fuck you're doing, which is a hell of a lot more than I say for half the comics I've seen in clubs.

Keep refining that craft, and you never know.
Thanks man! Stage presence is something I excel at. I had it before I learned how to be funny.. which kind of bit me in the ass. But if you come out to a show, I guarantee I'll make you laugh.

If not I'll let you kick me in the dick. Pinkie swear.

Finished product:
2nleo06.jpg

2rgnex5.jpg

Now I just need a girl that can't cook and wants one that can..

Yeah you might want to shore up the wording on that one. Looks delicious btw. Overdone for me, but that's okay for brisket.

...well, I don't think she'll be all that into that
It's been a long day... I plopped the brisket in the smoker last night, came home, went BACK to my folk's place early this morning and I've been watching "The Wire" all day... again... from Season 1.

REAL taxing.

I get kicked out of a thread for arguing that Hillary/DNC colluded against Bernie? This forum is a fuckin joke. Silencing people. Enjoy your circle jerk. I guess suckin off the mods helps the people on the left a lot here.

I am gone. Fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back