War Room OT Discussion v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear you're doing better. If you have panic attacks again, I would recommend you try Ativan (Lorazepam). It has a longer half-life, is less addictive, and in my experience is much more effective. I haven't taken one in years, but it was a saving grace once upon a time.

whoa -- he should look into if he has panic or anxiety disorder and if he has any clinical depressions. Lorazepam can trigger some harsh psychological issues.

whoa -- he should look into if he has panic or anxiety disorder and if he has any clinical depressions. Lorazepam can trigger some harsh psychological issues.

It's just a benzodiazepine, very similar to but slightly less intense/quick-acting than Xanax (alprazolam). If you have panic attacks that are purely situational and unrelated to anxiety, Xanax is a better choice, but if it's related to other anxious feelings or issues, lorazepam is the better imo.

It's just a benzodiazepine, very similar to but slightly less intense/quick-acting than Xanax (alprazolam). If you have panic attacks that are purely situational and unrelated to anxiety, Xanax is a better choice, but if it's related to other anxious feelings or issues, lorazepam is the better imo.

Just a benzo is a bit of a down play -- and the recommendation is the opposite (i think) a situational stress -- ativan (short term issues) and a random panic attack that is an on going thing -- Xanax. But, he has to determine with a professional where he is at and then medicate accordingly.

Just a benzo is a bit of a down play -- and the recommendation is the opposite (i think) a situational stress -- ativan (short term issues) and a random panic attack that is an on going thing -- Xanax. But, he has to determine with a professional where he is at and then medicate accordingly.

Your phrasing is kind of confusing me, but I think we're in agreement. I wasn't meaning short-term as in the duration of ailment, but in the cause of the panic attack. Lorazepam is the choice, as I understand, for high dosage/constant usage at the onset of a panic disorder related to general anxiety, as well as as needed for periodic panic attacks related to general anxiety, while Xanax is typically best for sporadic attacks related purely to external stimuli.

Your phrasing is kind of confusing me, but I think we're in agreement. I wasn't meaning short-term as in the duration of ailment, but in the cause of the panic attack. Lorazepam is the choice, as I understand, for high dosage/constant usage at the onset of a panic disorder related to general anxiety, as well as as needed for periodic panic attacks related to general anxiety, while Xanax is typically best for sporadic attacks related purely to external stimuli.

Oh i see what you're saying -- but i understand it a tad differently. Ativan is more geared toward people who are not necessarily prone to random or even frequent anxiety attacks but may face them in drastic situations (they are often prescribed after an accident or before a funeral) although people who are more prone to anxiety do get prescibed mild dosages for "just in case" -- Mediterranean people here call that having "da nervs" . Xanax is geared toward symptoms of on going panic disorders in which no specific stimuli may trigger an attack -- they occur in random times for mostly unknown reasons (outside of general depression)

Anyways, i only bring it up because if they dude is depressed and that is triggering panic attacks, ativan is a bad choice due to symptoms that can amplify depressive thoughts like suicide.

Oh i see what you're saying -- but i understand it a tad differently. Ativan is more geared toward people who are not necessarily prone to random or even frequent anxiety attacks but may face them in drastic situations (they are often prescribed after an accident or before a funeral) although people who are more prone to anxiety do get prescibed mild dosages for "just in case" -- Mediterranean people here call that having "da nervs" . Xanax is geared toward symptoms of on going panic disorders in which no specific stimuli may trigger an attack -- they occur in random times for mostly unknown reasons (outside of general depression)

Anyways, i only bring it up because if they dude is depressed and that is triggering panic attacks, ativan is a bad choice due to symptoms that can amplify depressive thoughts like suicide.

Are you sure of this? I had never heard of this, as a distinguishing consideration from Xanax, and a quick Google search seems to point in the opposite direction: that Lorazepam is preferable for clinical depression.

Has anyone seen the reports that some of the kids interviewed after the FL shooting are "crisis actors" or some shit?

Like, this David Hogg kid got interviewed for some shit in CA back in 2015 and then shows up at the FL shooting too.

Not sure how tinfoil hatty this is is why I'm putting it here.

I don't now anything about this CT, but I guess this is what people are questioning.

Are you sure of this? I had never heard of this, as a distinguishing consideration from Xanax, and a quick Google search seems to point in the opposite direction: that Lorazepam is preferable for clinical depression.

Really? I've read the opposite -- or rather, the side effects is lorazepam (that xanax doesnt have) are suicidal thoughts, seizures, respiratory depression, and psychological depression.

Usually Ativan is prescribed for symptons that are less than 4 months.

Again i could be wrong -- i only use it for the odd work presentation and a 0.5 mg per golf round.

Really? I've read the opposite -- or rather, the side effects is lorazepam (that xanax doesnt have) are suicidal thoughts, seizures, respiratory depression, and psychological depression.

Usually Ativan is prescribed for symptons that are less than 4 months.

Again i could be wrong -- i only use it for the odd work presentation and a 0.5 mg per golf round.

Oh no, are you a pharmaceutical rep?

Yes, but I am only speaking as a scrupulous consumer and previously-voracious reader of links on the matter. For an unscientific analogy, though, my mother has been on Xanax for years for panic episodes only related to external stimuli (she unfortunately has a lot of troubling obligations), while I have been on Lorazepam for panic related to general anxiety and panic disorder. I personally have never heard of Xanax being used for disorder-related episodes and have presumed Lorazepam to be more geared toward general depression and anxiety. But, to be sure, I am not an expert on the matter. As a lawyer, I deal with and understand the end result, not the pharmacological intricacies.

Oh no, are you a pharmaceutical rep?

Yes, but I am only speaking as a scrupulous consumer and previously-voracious reader of links on the matter. For an unscientific analogy, though, my mother has been on Xanax for years for panic episodes only related to external stimuli (she unfortunately has a lot of troubling obligations), while I have been on Lorazepam for panic related to general anxiety and panic disorder. I personally have never heard of Xanax being used for disorder-related episodes and have presumed Lorazepam to be more geared toward general depression and anxiety. But, to be sure, I am not an expert on the matter. As a lawyer, I deal with and understand the end result, not the pharmacological intricacies.

lol, no -- engineer.

Maybe Canadian guidelines are different than American, no idea -- not saying you're wrong, just that i have researched and been told different explanations (wife is a MD). I have never actually taken Xanax and most people i know take Clonazepam for severe panic disorders. I am 100% sure that ativan is awesome.

Has anyone seen the reports that some of the kids interviewed after the FL shooting are "crisis actors" or some shit?

Like, this David Hogg kid got interviewed for some shit in CA back in 2015 and then shows up at the FL shooting too.

Not sure how tinfoil hatty this is is why I'm putting it here.
Thousand bucks it's complete bullshit. Any takers?

Thousand bucks it's complete bullshit. Any takers?

I mean, those theories checked out for Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon, so I have no reason to doubt them.

That moment when a girl you eyed in high school is in your courtroom to plead guilty to some drug charge and looks haggard as fuck

That fucker that banned me from discord, I aint done with him yet. I just messaged his mother on FB saying, "I am your son's gay lover and I fuck him REAL good."

That fucker that banned me from discord, I aint done with him yet. I just messaged his mother on FB saying, "I am your son's gay lover and I fuck him REAL good."
Why the fuck would you fuck with someone's mother over something she wasn't involved in? Especially over something as fucking petty as a ban from a chat server. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back