War Room Lounge v7: Lead is a Totalitarian Monster Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my beef's with Zuckerberg is he doesn't see the existential threat of AI. We should be worried about creating too smart things. Musk said it is a bigger danger than nukes. Hawking said same thing. Both these guys are negativists about the future. Zuckerberg is a naive fool. He can't even control his own current algorithms.

Hawking was such a negativist. Jesus. Aliens are gonna attack us. AI is gonna kill us. His last words were something about humanity being wiped out. lol. We need people like that around. Instead of Steven Pinker going around and telling us how great the world is and how ethical we are now. That is nonsense. If government goes down, shit will look like The Walking Dead.

I don't think of "negativism" as a positive perspective. Zuckerberg is about maximizing his market share, just like Musk, and both will develop whatever they can to further that objective. Everything is grandiose politics.

As far as AI, idk. I don't have a passionate opinion.

That is some Boss shit from Musk. Fuck Zuck. Are you looking long term with Tesla or just hoping you found the bottom for a quick buck?

I dont know if I will be holding anything in this market for long. I am a sky is falling guy. When I see shit going up, that is bad news to me. lol. Cuz that means it will soon come down. I am a negativist. So is Musk. Which is why he is so scared of AI. lol.

I don't think of "negativism" as a positive perspective. Zuckerberg is about maximizing his market share, just like Musk, and both will develop whatever they can to further that objective. Everything is grandiose politics.

As far as AI, idk. I don't have a passionate opinion.

It's just a different personality trait. Some people are negativists and others are much more positive. Neither is better than the other. Both in the extreme annoy me.

Musk is more of a conqueror. He wants to be buried on Mars for example. Zuck doesn't think like that.

One of my beef's with Zuckerberg is he doesn't see the existential threat of AI. We should be worried about creating too smart things. Musk said it is a bigger danger than nukes. Hawking said same thing. Both these guys are negativists about the future. Zuckerberg is a naive fool. He can't even control his own current algorithms.

Hawking was such a negativist. Jesus. Aliens are gonna attack us. AI is gonna kill us. His last words were something about humanity being wiped out. lol. We need people like that around. Instead of Steven Pinker going around and telling us how great the world is and how ethical we are now. That is nonsense. If government goes down, shit will look like The Walking Dead.
Musk isn't a negativist about the future , he just thinks a ridiculously long way out and wants to get out front of what he sees as a potential threat to human existence

What's your guys' opinions on covers that keep the basic lyrics the same but seemingly change the entire atmosphere of the song with how they play it.

Now, it might be because of the character in the vid but I really REALLY love this cover of Paint it Black:

What's your guys' opinions on covers that keep the basic lyrics the same but seemingly change the entire atmosphere of the song with how they play it.

Now, it might be because of the character in the vid but I really REALLY love this cover of Paint it Black:

I don't think that changed the atmosphere that much. Changed the tempo and it's definitely different, though. I like it.

I think the question is too general anyway. Clapton shat all over J.J. Cale's "After Midnight" with the atmosphere change (helped the man, but ruined the song). But that kind of thing can work. Lots of kind of lounge-y versions of pop hits are good.

It's okay, but it's definitely a cover made for cinematic use. As is, it's nothing special. Reminds me of what Marilyn Manson would do to an upbeat song. Slow it down, and make it haunting, like he did with "Sweet Dreams", and then tried to capture the same magic with "Tainted Love".

I don't know how much sense it will make, but it reminds me of how Tim Burton "re-imagines" certain established material, that was almost made for him to put his signature on it.

Really depends on the artist. I like some don't care for most. Feels like the industry is swamped with them sometimes.

I think I prefer it if they change the atmosphere of the song.

A straight tribute is fine, but better to put a personal creative touch on it.

It's okay, but it's definitely a cover made for cinematic use. As is, it's nothing special. Reminds me of what Marilyn Manson would do to an upbeat song. Slow it down, and make it haunting, like he did with "Sweet Dreams", and then tried to capture the same magic with "Tainted Love".

I don't know how much sense it will make, but it reminds me of how Tim Burton "re-imagines" certain established material, that was almost made for him to put his signature on it.

I'm a big fan of Gary Jules' cover of Mad World for Donnie Darko:

Was just trying to joke with someone I've e-known for 15+ years, about Trump, and he got so serious that he called me a globalist and blocked me on FB.

I don't even know.

They are the best kinds of covers IMO. I love the change up. Here is my super horrible drunk cover of Basket Case

Idiots. Best cover ever found below. Changed the atmosphere from sterile to longing and regretful.

Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" still takes this category for me, although he didn't slow it down or make it more haunting. Just deindustrialised it and dragged it back to the country to die.

Musk isn't a negativist about the future , he just thinks a ridiculously long way out and wants to get out front of what he sees as a potential threat to human existence

I like this secretion Mr Crow... I feel as if i can begin to sense a part of you that wants to be consumed...

Nirvana's covers from their MTV / live albumn were perfect.

Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" still takes this category for me, although he didn't slow it down or make it more haunting. Just deindustrialised it and dragged it back to the country to die.

Amazing cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back