Warframe: Any other players on Sherdog?

Got me an Ivara a couple of weeks back and tried to use her as a Loki substitute. Loki is still better. I'm now in the process of putting a couple more formas in my Hydroid Prime. I thought he would just be a bit decent but I'm loving his skill set. He's not as OP as Nidus but he's fun to play with and I actually like his aesthetics.

I put in 700 hours in this game and stopped early 2017 since I would grind 12 - 16 hours a day on the weekend because I love gambling on what you get. I even skipped getting drunk with friends sometimes and I'm really good at getting drunk.

Also definitely not pay to win. My brother got every weapon and frame from grinding because he didn't work and liked Crystal meth. He went through thousands of platinum over his time buying and selling parts and sets in the market.

He works now and is getting his own place.

There was a previous warframe thread too.

it's DEFINITELY p2w.

just because one CAN obtain the same things via grinding doesn't magically mean that they can't be literally bought.

P2w is if you can ONLY get the best gear by paying money. If you can acquire it in-game, then by definition it is NOT pay-to-win. Because you can get the best frames, mods, weapons, etc and don't have to pay a dime.

This game is more "pay-to-grind-less"....

The generally accepted definition is that paying to skip the grind is in fact p2w. @rob mafia is right on this. This is why people lost their shit about Battlefront 2. Or why no one likes EA’s mobile Dungeon Keeper game.

If p2w was narrowed to your definition would there even be any p2w games at all? I don’t know of any games that match your criteria.

The generally accepted definition is that paying to skip the grind is in fact p2w.

Its paying to give the user an advantage over other players in PvP games. A single player and or online MMO PvE oriented game this doesnt apply.

Its paying to give the user an advantage over other players in PvP games. A single player and or online MMO PvE oriented game this doesnt apply.

If you want to use that definition go ahead, but most people are not going to agree with you. The general consensus is that the definition of pay to win includes paying money for something in game that someone else had to grind for. Even the Wikipedia page on free to play games uses this definition, not yours.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

Mesa Prime is sexy and I'm thinking about selling my tombfinger or rattle guts riven just to get her.

If you want to use that definition go ahead, but most people are not going to agree with you. The general consensus is that the definition of pay to win includes paying money for something in game that someone else had to grind for. Even the Wikipedia page on free to play games uses this definition, not yours.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play
Except no one cares in a strictly PVE game.

I just started today. Game sure is fun, but damn is it confusing for beginners like myself. Dunno where to really start, just finished the tutorial thing and am just kinda going around doing missions. I'm also waiting to spend the 50 platinum I got until I know the game for sure, I bought the shotgun for 15k silver though. Any tips for a beginner like me welcome though!

Love the combat too, it's like Destiny on crack. Wish I'd have tried it sooner I'm probably going to be hooked now for the next week or so.

don't be a leech. the game was full of them.

solo play through the planet map (whatever it was called) and get familiar/skilled with the game mechanics. if you can solo content, you can hang just fine in sorties when people bail/are pathetic leechers.

don't be a leech and just mooch from other people's games to get sortie rewards.

don't play in public games unless you're prepared to be the only person actually playing/being competent. last i knew, it was just full of leeches and the absolute worst players imaginable. play public games only if you enjoy trolling.

host migration.

I just started today. Game sure is fun, but damn is it confusing for beginners like myself. Dunno where to really start, just finished the tutorial thing and am just kinda going around doing missions. I'm also waiting to spend the 50 platinum I got until I know the game for sure, I bought the shotgun for 15k silver though. Any tips for a beginner like me welcome though!

Love the combat too, it's like Destiny on crack. Wish I'd have tried it sooner I'm probably going to be hooked now for the next week or so.

It's been a while since I've played, but you can get the Rhino frame fairly early and can carry you through a lot of the early game content. One of his abilities is a damage absorb shield that can take a ton of damage and you can use him to farm entry/mid game gear until you learn more of the mechanics weapon/power combos.

I played for about a year when the PS4 first came out and I'm always tempted to jump back in. I ended up using Loki as my main, but he takes some work before he can really shine. I geared to use his Radial Disarm skill built for distance. The skill disarms all enemies in the area and forces them to go in melee. One of the cards regens power and you could essentially knock the skill usage down on an 8 second refresh. So I would just spam Radial Discharge and hit everything for like 50m and use the Flame Thrower for it's unlimitied enemy penetration to cook the waves of enemies that tried to go hand to hand. Then you still have his invis ability to fall back on if things get to hairy.

don't be a leech. the game was full of them.

solo play through the planet map (whatever it was called) and get familiar/skilled with the game mechanics. if you can solo content, you can hang just fine in sorties when people bail/are pathetic leechers.

don't be a leech and just mooch from other people's games to get sortie rewards.

don't play in public games unless you're prepared to be the only person actually playing/being competent. last i knew, it was just full of leeches and the absolute worst players imaginable. play public games only if you enjoy trolling.

host migration.

Thanks for the heads up my dudes Ive been doing exactly that and just playing solo and the few times I've played with people they've been great but I have no problem soloing things I'm just more overwhelmed with everything and all the upgrades etc really just lost with where to start

if you stay with it... the best protip i can give is do the sorties within mere minutes of going live. if sortie 3 is annoying/hard (ambulas, kala de thaym [sp?], many defenses) and you don't have it completed within ~30 minutes of it going live, you're basically going to perpetually be stuck with a squad of morons/leechers through the rest of the night and you should just do something else, instead. this is moot if you have people you play with regularly.

i was good enough to solo 99% of content, but the 2 missions i mentioned generally required 2 competent players (hacking/defending 2 ambulas or shooting those stupid plates) or it's absolute hell with the bosses/dmg/etc scaled up for 4. last i recall, ambulas missions were the fucking worst because everyone was too incompetent/scared to hack them (ie: i had to do them all) and they were too incompetent to shoot the damn repair drones (ie: the most important part), so i basically had to do fucking everything (kill, hack, defend, revive squad) if i wanted to succeed. of course, once i realize i was playing with leechy morons (who also generally had entitlement problems), i'd just decide to sabotage the mission.

in short, if you're not a piece of shit and you don't expect people to give you everything/do everything for you, you'll be a shining beacon of hope in a game ruined by bad matchmaking and leeches.

that said, i uninstalled it ~6 months ago so i have no idea if they fixed any of that shit. the matchmaking/host/network problems were massive.

Last edited:
I haven't played properly in about 3 years. I can imagine it's a completely different game now.

I caved and downloaded it on the Switch. I played for about a year when the PS4 launched, so it's been like 5 years. It's totally different and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. It's weird because it feels familiar, but some things are just so different.

I'm tempted now to redownload it on the PS4 so I don't have to start from scratch, but having a mobile version of Warframe seems dope.

One thing I will say is spy missions are awful and feel so out of place in a game like this, just overall terrible missions. Not fun at all.

if you stay with it... the best protip i can give is do the sorties within mere minutes of going live. if sortie 3 is annoying/hard (ambulas, kala de thaym [sp?], many defenses) and you don't have it completed within ~30 minutes of it going live, you're basically going to perpetually be stuck with a squad of morons/leechers through the rest of the night and you should just do something else, instead. this is moot if you have people you play with regularly.

i was good enough to solo 99% of content, but the 2 missions i mentioned generally required 2 competent players (hacking/defending 2 ambulas or shooting those stupid plates) or it's absolute hell with the bosses/dmg/etc scaled up for 4. last i recall, ambulas missions were the fucking worst because everyone was too incompetent/scared to hack them (ie: i had to do them all) and they were too incompetent to shoot the damn repair drones (ie: the most important part), so i basically had to do fucking everything (kill, hack, defend, revive squad) if i wanted to succeed. of course, once i realize i was playing with leechy morons (who also generally had entitlement problems), i'd just decide to sabotage the mission.

in short, if you're not a piece of shit and you don't expect people to give you everything/do everything for you, you'll be a shining beacon of hope in a game ruined by bad matchmaking and leeches.

that said, i uninstalled it ~6 months ago so i have no idea if they fixed any of that shit. the matchmaking/host/network problems were massive.

Lol I was wondering what you meant about this at first but now I get it. I don't get how people can pump that many hours into a game some of them and just be as generally incompetent as they are.

I actually sabotaged a couple missions because the people I was playing with were so incompetent I just put the controller down and left the room. This game reminds me why I hate games where I have to depend on anyone else but myself. Lmao

Back