Warhammer 40K SpaceHulk DeathWing in development

"You brought shame on your chapte...fucken hell"

That guy is a dick. Typical british streamer.

That guy is a dick. Typical british streamer.
He makes some valid points, atleast from what i see because i havent been able to play it.
Seems like he rustled some jimmies because he didnt praise the game to the heavens.

He just bitches about everything. Nothing constructive.

"Oh, I'm in tactical dreadnaught Armour, I should be impervious to your las-rifles" blah blah blah.

He just bitches about everything. Nothing constructive.

"Oh, I'm in tactical dreadnaught Armour, I should be impervious to your las-rifles" blah blah blah.

technically yes...lasguns really shouldnt do much to termis unless its a hotshot las. Even then yeah good luck

It's looking amazing. My computer is broken so I can't play it yet, even though I bought it.

Here is an enjoyable review:

So I got my computer back and I fucked up. I had to send it away to Asus to have the Graphics Ribbon replaced, and they logged in as an Administrator. I didn't notice it.

So I logged onto Steam and DL'ed the game and started playing it on the Administrator account. The Shortcut Icon is on the desktop etc. Well after realizing that, I logged in under my normal user account and the damned game isn't on the desktop. I friggin can't stand computers, so I don't know how to fix this.

Also, wondering if I have to open steam every time I want to play this? Seems to be that way so far.

Anyways the game is fun but I find the whole kbd/m thing to be extremely cumbersome and difficult. I think I am going to have to buy a Steam controller because when I tried to pair my Xbox One controller it wouldn't Unpair from my Xbox One, so every time I turned it on it would turn on my Xbox console in the basement.

One thing that I found weird was that as you progress through missions, the game will Autosave. If you die, it doesn't load the latest autosave. It goes all the way back to the start of the mission, which can be significant. You have to load the latest autosave point manually.

The voice acting is amazing. The "feel" is perfect, as far as WH40K vibes go. The characters look amazing too. I find the combat is lacking in the sense that they use a lot of blood splattering and splooshing effects so your vision is a clouded, bloody mess once you get into Melee with the Tyranids; so much so that it is hard to see what is going on beyond the immediate reach, but it is true to the 40K lore and any 40K fan will juice over this game I think.

So I got my computer back and I fucked up. I had to send it away to Asus to have the Graphics Ribbon replaced, and they logged in as an Administrator. I didn't notice it.

So I logged onto Steam and DL'ed the game and started playing it on the Administrator account. The Shortcut Icon is on the desktop etc. Well after realizing that, I logged in under my normal user account and the damned game isn't on the desktop. I friggin can't stand computers, so I don't know how to fix this.

Also, wondering if I have to open steam every time I want to play this? Seems to be that way so far.

Anyways the game is fun but I find the whole kbd/m thing to be extremely cumbersome and difficult. I think I am going to have to buy a Steam controller because when I tried to pair my Xbox One controller it wouldn't Unpair from my Xbox One, so every time I turned it on it would turn on my Xbox console in the basement.

One thing that I found weird was that as you progress through missions, the game will Autosave. If you die, it doesn't load the latest autosave. It goes all the way back to the start of the mission, which can be significant. You have to load the latest autosave point manually.

The voice acting is amazing. The "feel" is perfect, as far as WH40K vibes go. The characters look amazing too. I find the combat is lacking in the sense that they use a lot of blood splattering and splooshing effects so your vision is a clouded, bloody mess once you get into Melee with the Tyranids; so much so that it is hard to see what is going on beyond the immediate reach, but it is true to the 40K lore and any 40K fan will juice over this game I think.
Desktop items are usually linked to each profile on the computer. To make a new shortcut just open Steam, go to the Library, right click on the game, and choose "Create Desktop Shortcut". And yes, if the game uses Steam as its DRM then Steam will be run every time. But once the game has been run for the first time you can run Steam in offline mode if you want to (though I've never seen the point).

As for your controller issues, I have no clue on how to help out there.

What does DRM mean?

(I'm a console baby)

it really needed more, they should have had a loot system and maybe an armour system? it was almost there but

Fuck man. I am sick of games implementing RNG loot systems. I am REALLY GLAD that they didn't do that.

And they have to stick true to lore, so the most they could do with armour is MK variants. I am on the third mission of the campaign so far. I am just poking around with it and really not taking it serious until I figure out how to adjust the sensitivity of my controller. I finally got it to work, but the sensitivity options are seriously lacking.

They need to set up the controller interface so you can adjust your hipfire look speed and separately adjust your ADS/zoomed look speed.

Right now when I use the controller, I am turning around as slow as molasses. If a mob of 'nids attacks from behind, I am taking damage before I can get turned around even when I hear them coming. Conversely, when I am in ADS mode I can hardly control my aim because it is so sensitive it is whipping around.

I need them to be opposite of the default, and there is now way to change it from what I can tell. I want to go on the forum and present this issue but it is blocked at work and I don't browse forums at home.

But yeah man, this game is SICK. Perfect representation of the Space Hulk aspect of the 40K universe.

I saw on reddit that this game is supposedly slated for console release this year...

http://www.htxt.co.za/2017/05/04/sp...edition-coming-to-console-at-the-end-of-2017/

The Article said:
Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition coming to console at the end of 2017

Space Hulk: Deathwing, the squad-based FPS set in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40K, is coming to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in Q4 of 2017.

This version of the game, titled Enhanced Edition, will add new content to the game which includes a new class, weapon, skills and enemies.

PC players will also be receiving this content free of charge thanks to a series of updates which will roll out leading up to the Enhanced Edition release.

The first patch releasing today introduces the Special Missions game mode for multiplayer. This mode will make the game more unpredictable with random enemy spawns and mission sequences. This patch will add Special Missions to the first chapter , but it will eventually be available for every chapter in the game.

We find it a bit difficult to be excited about this news. When we played the PC version at launch we found it lacking in every way with only the brilliant world building and Easter Eggs to keep us entertained.

Hopefully the jump to console combined with new content will be what this game needs, but we’re sceptical right now.

I know, it bombed massively, but I am a huge 40K and I will buy this a second time just to play it on a system I truly love: Xbox One.

I went and bought a Steam controller thinking that would work, but it feels so weird. I haven't taken the time to learn how to set up the sensitivity and everything yet. I just download some other dudes settings and tried them. I'm not a computer guy so all this shit seems overly complicated to me.

I haven't played this game since January, but I did update it last night (and downloaded Eternal Crusade because it's free to play right now).

I might get around to doing some purging this weekend. We'll see. Either way, once the console version come out I will simply pop in the disc and play on a dual analog controller, which is all I really want.

Spacehulk Deathwing is up for Pre-order on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com

"You brought shame on your chapte...fucken hell"

Whenever that Assault Cannon fires the screen explodes. They should rename it Epileptic Seizure Cannon.
Or maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety.

Back