Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Rational Poster

Actually the Best Poster
@plutonium
Reaction score
header.jpg

Now with 100% more Chaos scum! Closed beta has started and it's ridiculously easy to get a beta key. I signed up and received a key within 24hrs. If you get a key you can also invite your friends. I think you can also get a beta key by just watching some of their promotional videos.

Game is a lot of fun. It's a more advanced Left 4 Dead. Very difficult. Lots of loot. Teamwork is must.

5 different characters each with 3 different classes. Lots of new enemies, perks, loot, crafting, cosmetic upgrades. Tons of fun!

vermintide_2_screen_1.jpg

There are two discords that are really good for finding games with more competent players if you're struggle to win with randoms.

Blood Moon Inn - This is the official fatshark discord with lots of players on it.

https://discord.gg/BNKDfu

Squirrel Squad - unofficial LFG discord with more experienced players and streamers.

https://discord.gg/KCr8Tu

Last edited:
Got my copy and played a bit yesterday. On the surface it's a straight up improvement on the first game.

For whatever reason they had careers level locked which makes no sense in a beta. I played Kruber for 4 hours yesterday, getting tomes and grims occasionally, and still hadn't unlocked his second career. I read that XP is bugged but it just feels like a forced grind. I can deal with it but I think it would be better if they just removed it on release.

Thanks. Gonna try it out, looks great. Happy about the classes for each character. My wife and I just picked up the first one recently on sale and are having fun.

Looks cool and I'm all about Warhammer because of the Total War games. But, I've got too many games right now. I still haven't played a bunch of rpgs I Kickstarted and Kingdom Come is begging me to play more than the 20 minutes I did already.

I played a bit over the weekend it's basically just more of the same, which is fine by me. Any ideas how many maps are going to be available at release, is it only the three that were in the beta?

I played a bit over the weekend it's basically just more of the same, which is fine by me. Any ideas how many maps are going to be available at release, is it only the three that were in the beta?

The original started with 13 maps and rumors indicate that the 2nd will also have 13 maps.

Rumor is these will also be full maps, and not small arena maps like some of the missions in the first one.

do you get to choose the new hero variants from the getgo?

man i wish they went with a white lion or shadow warrior variant for Kerillian

do you get to choose the new hero variants from the getgo?

man i wish they went with a white lion or shadow warrior variant for Kerillian
No you need to level up to unlock them.

I am really enjoying this. There really aren't many co-op games like this now.

It gets very challenging on the higher difficulty and skillful play makes a huge difference.

I am really enjoying this. There really aren't many co-op games like this now.

It gets very challenging on the higher difficulty and skillful play makes a huge difference.
Just played a few rounds with @GhostZ06 . Was fun, but I'm not sure how to play skillfully in this kind of game. Used to Mount and Blade style melee combat, but that doesn't work too well here.

Just played a few rounds with @GhostZ06 . Was fun, but I'm not sure how to play skillfully in this kind of game. Used to Mount and Blade style melee combat, but that doesn't work too well here.

Know the maps and enemies is step one. If you don't know how to react to the conditions the AI director is sending at you, you're fucked no matter how good you are. Does your team stand and defend here? If so, where is a good place to defend in your area? You don't want to find a nice spot to defend from, you want to know where to defend from before you're there. Get your team together with weapons swinging in one direction and don't let anyone take damage.

Blocking is critical, as well as the riposte attack off block and the push attack. Getting a set of weapons that you play well with is more important than the quality of gear, though it will hold you back from higher difficulties. Every weapon is unique and have their own animations and attack speeds. Finding one that feels right for your play style is key for both melee and ranged.

Dodging is also critical. Knowing when to block or dodge, when to power attack or light attack, that's what really makes a difference.

Staying alive, and not getting hit, is the goal. You want to make constant forward progress, except for when you're getting hit with a horde or boss. Know the section you're in and the best place to defend from a horde. Learn how to deal with the Rat Ogres and Stormvermin quickly, a strength potion really helps in these encounters.

Last edited:
I liked the first one and think its a fun co-op - hopefully enough people play this to make it worthwhile to pick up.

Add me up @ Heart + Soul, I'm gonna be going pretty hard on this one in the coming weeks. I miss my tricked out characters from 1, but this baby has a lot of potential. Some of the new enemies can really eat a dick though.

Add me up @ Heart + Soul, I'm gonna be going pretty hard on this one in the coming weeks. I miss my tricked out characters from 1, but this baby has a lot of potential. Some of the new enemies can really eat a dick though.

It's a great sequel, everything is better. Nothing is worse.

Block while revive is incredible.

I've brought the game and managed to convince three of my friends to get it as well, good times are expected to be had by all =D

Is there any word on an open beta? I had a quick look but couldn't find anything.

I've brought the game and managed to convince three of my friends to get it as well, good times are expected to be had by all =D

Is there any word on an open beta? I had a quick look but couldn't find anything.

The game comes out next week.

The first game was fun as fuck, but plagued with performance issues. Crashes and overheating, etc.

If they can make a better version, without the bugs and performance glitches, it will be huge.

This game is great going to pre order today
Fills my need for Left 4 Dead 3

The first game was fun as fuck, but plagued with performance issues. Crashes and overheating, etc.

If they can make a better version, without the bugs and performance glitches, it will be huge.

I run it at a solid 60FPS in the most chaotic encounters.

I do have an exceptional PC though.

Back