Warhammer: Vermintide 2

See, I'm not feeling the Glaive, though I'm doing well in Champion. I feel I take too many trashy hits from hordes that I just never seem to get when I can interrupt with my daggers. I need to put some time into it though, I was a twin sword guy in VT1 but there are a lot more armored opponents now.

In legend there is no other alternative. You need to be able to handle multiple armored mobs on your own in melee. You can survive with other weapons if you can depend on your team for anti-armor. Spear is OK on legend. Dual daggers are OK.

Glaive is the only elf weapon with armor piercing light attacks and it has the most devastating charge attack on top of that. You pretty much need it.

Ironbreaker definitely feels like a cut above the other careers I've played so far. On the flipside Slayer has been kind of disappointing but I'm also just level 14 on Bardin right now. It's tough though, going from such a tanky build to playing a more squishy one.

I might start hero hopping now just to try and finish getting everyone to level 12 before I get too attached to one career.

All they need to do now is shore up these Chaos Spawn bugs. Every time I see one I cringe out of fear that something gamebreaking is about to happen.

Slayer isn't squishy. Take the talent "Oblivious to Pain"

Damage taken from one attack is reduced to 15 damage or half of its original value whichever is highest.

That's so incredibly powerful. The twin axes are easily the highest DPS melee weapons in the game and the push is pretty great, but he's plagued with some low stamina.

It takes some getting used to, but a good Slayer can do some really incredible things. I like Kruber a lot, but Bardin is probably the most impressive overall character: the potion find on his starter career, the insanity of ironbreaker's defense and flamethrower hoard management, then slayer's raw dps and damage mitigation.

Slayers has amazing horde control with fast attacking 2h weapons and absolutely devours armored units with his twin axes. Chaos warriors are no problem. Slayer downs them with just two riposte. Minibosses are also way less of a threat with a good slayer.

You just need a good group that can handle taking care of ranged anti-special if you're playing on legendary.

Slayer is a fun class to play to get better at the game. Your melee blocking and dodging game needs to be high level to play on legendary. You don't get better at the game playing Ironbreaker. Ironbreaker helps you develop bad habits because you get healed when you're supposed to take major damage. Chaos warrior overhead to your face? +10 HP.

Last edited:
Just picked this game up, didn't play the first one. I'm playing Victor to start. I'm level 6. Any advice on whether I should go Bounty Hunter or Zealot? I understand that Bounty Hunter is if you prefer range and Zealot is for melee and sustainability, but is one flat out better than the other?

Just picked this game up, didn't play the first one. I'm playing Victor to start. I'm level 6. Any advice on whether I should go Bounty Hunter or Zealot? I understand that Bounty Hunter is if you prefer range and Zealot is for melee and sustainability, but is one flat out better than the other?

Bounty Hunter is better in almost every instance compared to Witch Hunter and Zealot.

You rarely see anyone play anything but BH in legendary. His ultimate and passive skills are too good.

Bounty Hunter is better in almost every instance compared to Witch Hunter and Zealot.

You rarely see anyone play anything but BH in legendary. His ultimate and passive skills are too good.
Awesome. I like ranged attacks with Victor so far, especially with the volley bow but lack of ammo sucks and reload time. Looks like all that goes away with the Bounty Hunter. I guess I'll go that route.

Although the Zealot does seem fun with seemingly endless amounts of HP and attack speed. But if he isn't practical for end-game than I guess I would be wasting my time.

Awesome. I like ranged attacks with Victor so far, especially with the volley bow but lack of ammo sucks and reload time. Looks like all that goes away with the Bounty Hunter. I guess I'll go that route.

Although the Zealot does seem fun with seemingly endless amounts of HP and attack speed. But if he isn't practical for end-game than I guess I would be wasting my time.

Everything is practical endgame once you're good enough... some classes are still just clearly better and are easier to play.

Melee focused classes suffer because they don't have the ranged dps to handle specials in champ+.

That doesn't mean you can't get really good at melee and contribute anyway. It's a higher skill ceiling. If you don't have much VT experience I wouldn't expect you to be able to live long as a Zealot or Slayer in champion or above for example.

Everything is practical endgame once you're good enough... some classes are still just clearly better and are easier to play.

Melee focused classes suffer because they don't have the ranged dps to handle specials in champ+.

That doesn't mean you can't get really good at melee and contribute anyway. It's a higher skill ceiling. If you don't have much VT experience I wouldn't expect you to be able to live long as a Zealot or Slayer in champion or above for example.
Thanks for the advice man. I think when I'm going to continue playing up to 12 with Victor and try and get a feel for whether I like melee or ranged better and just make the decision based on which I like better, regardless of which path is better for endgame. I do want to try Sienna too though. She seems really fun.

Having not played the original game, how good is the dev team at releasing new content and classes, etc?

Thanks for the advice man. I think when I'm going to continue playing up to 12 with Victor and try and get a feel for whether I like melee or ranged better and just make the decision based on which I like better, regardless of which path is better for endgame. I do want to try Sienna too though. She seems really fun.

Having not played the original game, how good is the dev team at releasing new content and classes, etc?

The dev team has already announced plans for a new DLC within the next month or two.

They're also planning to add mod support and dedicated servers in the same time period.

The last game had 4 DLCs with new maps and weapons in each. Also another half dozen or so cosmetic DLC.

This game already outsold the first game in just two weeks. I imagine they're going to support this one for just as long with more content than the last game.

The dev team has already announced plans for a new DLC within the next month or two.

They're also planning to add mod support and dedicated servers in the same time period.

The last game had 4 DLCs with new maps and weapons in each. Also another half dozen or so cosmetic DLC.

This game already outsold the first game in just two weeks. I imagine they're going to support this one for just as long with more content than the last game.
Awesome. 5 levels in and I love it so far. One of my best steam buys so far.

Awesome. 5 levels in and I love it so far. One of my best steam buys so far.

It's an incredible value for just $30. It grows on you as you get better and can compete on the higher difficulty.

It becomes less about loot and more about playing well/getting better.

I expect there to be a lot of changes with the crafting in the future, so I wouldn't go too crazy with it just yet. Just craft what you need when you need it, but save the majority of your crafting materials. Use the items you get from your boxes because all your items are junk till you're item level is 300 basically. You don't want to invest too much into items you will salvage in a few days anyway.

Save your Emperor's chests from champion till your character is level 30. Saving your commendation chests till you're higher is good too, but not that important.

Higher character level determines the color of loot.

Bounty Hunter's passive is that he gets an automatic ranged critical every 8s or on melee kill. He has two weapons, the volley bow and repeater, that can fire multi shots in one pull. At level 15 he gets a talent that makes it so critical ranged shots are free (cost no ammo); this includes mutli shots.

So, with BH you pretty much have unlimited ammo with some of the most powerful ranged weps in the game if you play just a little smart. On top of that, his rapier is a really fun and good weapon. It gets unlimited ammo for it's pistol shot secondary that actually does great dmg, it just has terrible fall off range after like 10 feet in front of you. Getting used to managing a hoard with the rapier slash, then mixing in a pistol shot feels great

Anyway, his volley bow or repeater just absolutely eats armored units and bosses - everything really

It's an incredible value for just $30. It grows on you as you get better and can compete on the higher difficulty.

It becomes less about loot and more about playing well/getting better.

I expect there to be a lot of changes with the crafting in the future, so I wouldn't go too crazy with it just yet. Just craft what you need when you need it, but save the majority of your crafting materials. Use the items you get from your boxes because all your items are junk till you're item level is 300 basically. You don't want to invest too much into items you will salvage in a few days anyway.

Save your Emperor's chests from champion till your character is level 30. Saving your commendation chests till you're higher is good too, but not that important.

Higher character level determines the color of loot.

Bounty Hunter's passive is that he gets an automatic ranged critical every 8s or on melee kill. He has two weapons, the volley bow and repeater, that can fire multi shots in one pull. At level 15 he gets a talent that makes it so critical ranged shots are free (cost no ammo); this includes mutli shots.

So, with BH you pretty much have unlimited ammo with some of the most powerful ranged weps in the game if you play just a little smart. On top of that, his rapier is a really fun and good weapon. It gets unlimited ammo for it's pistol shot secondary that actually does great dmg, it just has terrible fall off range after like 10 feet in front of you. Getting used to managing a hoard with the rapier slash, then mixing in a pistol shot feels great

Anyway, his volley bow or repeater just absolutely eats armored units and bosses - everything really

Thanks for the advice guys. Very helpful for a new player.

Got this the other day. It a simple but fucking awesome. The loot and chest thing could do with better explanation.

I'd been playing as a dwarf and only started as Merc the other day. Watching the dwarf run around is hilarious.

Aweomse game

$30 price tag is kinda crazy for how much value you can get out of this game.

I've played the Dwarf to 20, and the Elf to 14 or so. Haven't even touched the humans.

Someone give me the lowdown on Sienna. I played for like 7 hours when I got home and got my Bounty Hunter to 15. He's real fun but I kind of wanna try a new one and Sienna seems interesting.

She does seem a bit more difficult than the others with her overcharge? thing that she's got. What's she all about and what's her best subclass?

my finest rage moment sofar:

doing halescourge on champ, killed the boss, running to the exit one guy falls to a gasrat, i run over and try to revive but then another gasrat spawns and kills me, third guy ends up hanging on the edge of a cliff trying to rescue us and finally the fourth guy gets jumped by a gutter runner, all in the matter of 5 seconds

and we had all the tomes and grims

fuck this game sometimes

Someone give me the lowdown on Sienna. I played for like 7 hours when I got home and got my Bounty Hunter to 15. He's real fun but I kind of wanna try a new one and Sienna seems interesting.

She does seem a bit more difficult than the others with her overcharge? thing that she's got. What's she all about and what's her best subclass?

Pyro is her best class and beam staff is the best all around weapon in the game.

She's too good right now.

How hard is it to circumvent her overheating feature? Pretty easy to adapt to?

Very easy.

That's why beamstaff is so good. You can get a trait on your weapon that reduces heat on crit. Also talents to reduce heat.

Once you crit with a beam, it stays a crit beam as long as you keep firing.. which means you constantly lose heat the more you attack with it.

Back