Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Thanks man, you've been awesome with the tips since I started the game.

Sounds like I fucked up though. I've opened every single damn box. Smh. I'm level 15 already, sounds like I can't really come back from that. Recruit level runs are getting pretty easy for me. I think I'm going to move onto veteran and see how I do. If I fail badly I'll just go back to recruit, I guess.

Really sucks I didn't ask that question about the level up boxes earlier though.

Don't worry too much, you keep getting Commendation chests after 30 (think Prestige levels, like 30+14), it's just that they can get you items >200 without beating Champ levels. Opening them earlier increases your "has seen" faster, which isn't really a bad thing, they're just nice for a power spike once your item slots are @200. Champ is the meat of the game, so you'll be playing it anyway eventually, just need a lot of practice perfecting horde management and other little tricks.

@Rational Poster You were also right on with the Glaive. I rolled a beauty for my Shade (+AS, +Crit Chance, Crits Increase AS) and since I rolled +2 stam on another slot my damage has been going up and damage taken has been going down. I beat my group's Sienna in damage for the first time in a while just by almost solo massacring hordes and poor, poor Storm patrols.

Don't worry too much, you keep getting Commendation chests after 30 (think Prestige levels, like 30+14), it's just that they can get you items >200 without beating Champ levels. Opening them earlier increases your "has seen" faster, which isn't really a bad thing, they're just nice for a power spike once your item slots are @200. Champ is the meat of the game, so you'll be playing it anyway eventually, just need a lot of practice perfecting horde management and other little tricks.

@Rational Poster You were also right on with the Glaive. I rolled a beauty for my Shade (+AS, +Crit Chance, Crits Increase AS) and since I rolled +2 stam on another slot my damage has been going up and damage taken has been going down. I beat my group's Sienna in damage for the first time in a while just by almost solo massacring hordes and poor, poor Storm patrols.
Yeah man looks like it won't set me back to much either way after reassessing. I'm level 17 right now and handling Veteran decently. I worry about champion with pug groups though. I think when I hit maybe 20 I'll try some champion runs and see how they go.

I'm going to start on Sienna though and I'm gonna use that method of holding onto commendation boxes until at least level 20-25 and see how that goes. Sienna looks very fun. I think I'm gonna go pyromancer/beam staff. Seems to be her meta right now.

Yeah man looks like it won't set me back to much either way after reassessing. I'm level 17 right now and handling Veteran decently. I worry about champion with pug groups though. I think when I hit maybe 20 I'll try some champion runs and see how they go.

I'm going to start on Sienna though and I'm gonna use that method of holding onto commendation boxes until at least level 20-25 and see how that goes. Sienna looks very fun. I think I'm gonna go pyromancer/beam staff. Seems to be her meta right now.

It's a little different when you start playing other characters, because they all share the same "has seen" on slots, but you'll be getting gray items. You should probably just open them with your alts, you can wait till a little higher level if you want try get better rarity, but you can always craft a orange if you need it. Sienna is the highest risk/reward character in the game, if you can get good with her you'll always have a place on teams. Beam is legit as hell, melts bosses where other class can't sustain the same DPS.

It's a little different when you start playing other characters, because they all share the same "has seen" on slots, but you'll be getting gray items. You should probably just open them with your alts, you can wait till a little higher level if you want try get better rarity, but you can always craft a orange if you need it. Sienna is the highest risk/reward character in the game, if you can get good with her you'll always have a place on teams. Beam is legit as hell, melts bosses where other class can't sustain the same DPS.
Ah, so since I started opening already and my has seen is already a bit higher I might as well just continue opening on my other characters?

Ah, so since I started opening already and my has seen is already a bit higher I might as well just continue opening on my other characters?
Well, I guess I was kind of assuming you hit 200 has seen on your first character, therefore breaking it for everyone else. You can open the chests you earn on other characters on your main, so that's a good strategy if you want to get better rarities (and therefore better mats if you break them down.) If you plan to be playing the game for a while, it'll all come out in the wash.

is that why everyone is playing Ironbreaker? at least it's easy to spot who the noobs are

Without a doubt Ironbreaker is the easiest class to play that's why you see it so much especially in random groups.

Ironbreaker makes bad players decent enough to hangout in champion and good players immortal so you'll see lots of people using it.

Got booted from a group when I joined today.
"Hey, why are you playing Shade? Weakest sub in the game."
"Alright."
"Will you change to Waystalker?"
"No."
You have been removed from the party.

If you can't appreciate a good Shade I'm sorry for ya.

Got booted from a group when I joined today.
"Hey, why are you playing Shade? Weakest sub in the game."
"Alright."
"Will you change to Waystalker?"
"No."
You have been removed from the party.

If you can't appreciate a good Shade I'm sorry for ya.
Does stuff like that happen a lot? I experienced something similar when I played WoW years ago and it put me off group PVE content.

Does stuff like that happen a lot? I experienced something similar when I played WoW years ago and it put me off group PVE content.
Not in my experience, I've been playing a while now and its the first, which is why it was so shocking. There's definitely a smaller toxic part of the community, but as long as you're trying and not doing stupid things they're pretty easy to ignore.

People get kicked from dumb shit in every. Gotta take the good with the bad though as the kick feature is a necessary function. Especially in higher difficulties where friendly fire is enabled.

People get kicked from dumb shit in every. Gotta take the good with the bad though as the kick feature is a necessary function. Especially in higher difficulties where friendly fire is enabled.
That kick feature requires votes from the rest of the party? or can the group leader just kick them?
I love Warhammer's 40k universe and especially the Inquisitor storylines, I'm gonna get this game.

That kick feature requires votes from the rest of the party? or can the group leader just kick them?
I love Warhammer's 40k universe and especially the Inquisitor storylines, I'm gonna get this game.

It goes to a vote and to my knowledge only the host can initiate a kick.

Been playing Legend, got a few Reds, and I have to say, I'm kinda mad at Fatshark.

So many missed chances to maintain players better. Skins? Some sort of fun side mode, like Killing Floor has? Workshop support from day one? Weapon enchantments? An item and deed system that didn't suck? Crafting that isn't boring as fuck? Daily quests like the first one?

If you're not good at this game, why would you ever keep playing it?
I feel it was rushed to release, they hoped the beta would help them debug it, and now they're going to put a bunch of stuff that should have been in at release in the first DLC. If this game was 60 dollars I'd be really angry, but as it I'm just kind of sad. None of my friends play anymore and I wander the PUG landscapes, looking for a group that doesn't contain a shitty Wizard.

Also, 10k players online and you can't find me a game? Where is everyone? For some reason Vermintide 1 and it's tiny-ass community frustrated me far less.

Been playing Legend, got a few Reds, and I have to say, I'm kinda mad at Fatshark.

So many missed chances to maintain players better. Skins? Some sort of fun side mode, like Killing Floor has? Workshop support from day one? Weapon enchantments? An item and deed system that didn't suck? Crafting that isn't boring as fuck? Daily quests like the first one?

If you're not good at this game, why would you ever keep playing it?
I feel it was rushed to release, they hoped the beta would help them debug it, and now they're going to put a bunch of stuff that should have been in at release in the first DLC. If this game was 60 dollars I'd be really angry, but as it I'm just kind of sad. None of my friends play anymore and I wander the PUG landscapes, looking for a group that doesn't contain a shitty Wizard.

Also, 10k players online and you can't find me a game? Where is everyone? For some reason Vermintide 1 and it's tiny-ass community frustrated me far less.

If you're looking for players I suggest joining the two discord channels I added to the OP.

I've been taking a break myself put over 200 hours + more in the beta.

Last edited:
If you're looking for players I suggest joining the two discord players I added to the OP.

I've been taking a break myself put over 200 hours + more in the beta.

Yeah, I think a break is what I need, especially with the DLC coming up. I just want to love it as much as I did the first one, and I just feel like they missed a lot of opportunities. They won't be short on development funds at least. I'd love a dungeon crawler mode or something to mix it up.

Yeah, I think a break is what I need, especially with the DLC coming up. I just want to love it as much as I did the first one, and I just feel like they missed a lot of opportunities. They won't be short on development funds at least. I'd love a dungeon crawler mode or something to mix it up.

I think they may have over complicated this with the hero power and loot mechanics.

Most people won't even be able to understand why they suck at the game because of it and will get turned off.

It takes a lot of research and practice to really learn how to be consistent legend level player.

Does anybody here still play this? I'm really wanting to get it but I don't want to have to rely on randoms all the time and I don't know anyone else that has it.

I'm waiting for the console release on Xbox.

I loved when people started using ilvl as a means to determine skill for PU raids in wotlk... I was bored one day and decided to take my newly 80 Hunter to do a non heroic 25m trials of the crusader raid. Some guy decided to take charge and used a mod that kicked anyone who didnt have a certain Ilvl threshold, and of course I got kicked.

I asked him to invite me back, and got a response akin to "cry more nub, you just want to get carried for epics, we need people that can do it, because its hard"

I laughed, logged on my main on my second account, and told him to reconsider. I got an invite and an apology, and despite my hunter having blue gear, I was still was up near the top of the dps.

(I was unquestionably one of if not the best DK on the server, in the best horde guild on the server, and had a ilvl of 4190 (literally BIS gear, including shadowmourne)

Back