Was Bill Wallace being a bully here or is it fair play?

images

Father time will catch him....it already has.......and I don't see him coming out to fight unless it's on his terms and against a tailor made opponent........or are you going to tell me Conor had a fookin hope in hell.......

Wallace did nothing wrong. Some of these games that some of the TMAs play are BS. "Oh we're going light" or "Oh, let's go half speed" then they go all out here and there.

Wallace was pulling his shots, but some of them were still hard. You don't know the agreement beforehand

I've been to some Bill Wallace seminars. He's still extremely quick and has great lessons to offer. I attend every seminar of his I can even though I don't work my striking very much (mostly jiujitsu now).

If you listen at 2:34 Bill tags him and mullet guy says "that don't hurt". Besides mullet guy throwing some hard ones at the beginning, then he starts turning his back on him later which is a prick move. Lots of big no no's here.

Last edited:
I've been to some Bill Wallace seminars. He's still extremely quick and has great lessons to offer.

I have his five-volume Panther Productions video set (the one made in the 00s, not the one made in the early 90s). It's pretty interesting. Lots of cool stuff in there.

I've seen some even more recent stuff and it's surprising how fast and flexible he is even into his 70s.

Prime Wallace was a beast.

I have his five-volume Panther Productions video set (the one made in the 00s, not the one made in the early 90s). It's pretty interesting. Lots of cool stuff in there.

I've seen some even more recent stuff and it's surprising how fast and flexible he is even into his 70s.

I have several of his books signed by him. Truly the definition of "better to do one kick 10,000 times than to kniw 10,000 kicks". Or however you wanna say it.

I don't really believe in all this 'put them in their place' nonsense. You're and adult, be the adult. If you're sparring and some kid is being stupid and taking it too far - just call a stop to the sparring session and tell him that you're not sparring until he can show that he's willing to spar properly.

Getting made and beating someones ass just makes you a tool as well. You're not in a fight, you're in a sparring session, so just as it's not right for him to spar really hard, it's not right for you to concuss him to teach him a lesson.

I don't know Bill and I don't really know the situation - but harsh words coming from someone as respected as Bill Wallace probably would have had more effect on the kid than Bill knocking him out.
Its+5+bucks+if+youre+concerned+about+quality+then+go+_02c28a909f7047c205925558c55a6797.jpg
Eye for an eye. Brain trauma for brain trauma.

upload to youtube dude!

ko's do happen in boxing sparring. it isnt frowned upon.

I've seen KOs happen in sparring, but I think most gyms generally frown upon going so hard in sparring that an ER visit is advisable afterward.

Last edited:
look up that twitter argument between Valtelini and Paulie Mallinagi. that will contrast the different mindsets boxers have compared to mma/kickboxers/muay thai fighters.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...valtellini-malignaggi-about-sparring.3578961/

I did boxing before muay thai, when i boxed, we sparred hard but we wore the head gear with the face bar, and because its only punching, the worst thing to happen would be getting the wind knocked out of you, but no injuries. And the facebar head gear offers so much protection, its like wearing a helmet, sparring like that was really fun actually. With Muay Thai, its much easier to get injured so you spar lighter. This may explain the different mindsets, although it doesnt explain the MMA guys attitude towards sparring as most of them go all out.

(yes you can get injured just by punches)

I did boxing before muay thai, when i boxed, we sparred hard but we wore the head gear with the face bar, and because its only punching, the worst thing to happen would be getting the wind knocked out of you, but no injuries. And the facebar head gear offers so much protection, its like wearing a helmet, sparring like that was really fun actually. With Muay Thai, its much easier to get injured so you spar lighter. This may explain the different mindsets, although it doesnt explain the MMA guys attitude towards sparring as most of them go all out.

(yes you can get injured just by punches)

yeah with kicking and knees, it isnt really practical to go all out very often. you just dont need to. but whats the point of holding back when you are just throwing punches(mostly to the head)?

yeah with kicking and knees, it isnt really practical to go all out very often. you just dont need to. but whats the point of holding back when you are just throwing punches(mostly to the head)?

exactly, specifically with the face bar head gear.

To me, this sparring right here is just the right amount of technique, while still adding a bit of power, but not over the top. Alot of guys arent able to control themselves to spar like this though, both physically and emotionally.

but whats the point of holding back when you are just throwing punches(mostly to the head)?

Well you can still get knocked out (hence concussed, hence brain damage) just by throwing punches.

Here's what Wonderboy has to say:

“It’s something that we’ve always done in our gym. We’ve always trained smart. My dad’s been training kickboxers since as long as long as I can remember -- and world champions, really good guys... Whenever you spar, you want to push each other. You can hit hard to the body but keep it light to the head. Once you lose that jaw, that chin, it’s almost impossible to get that back,” he said. “You can’t get that back. That’s something that’s kind of stuck with us until now.

well, he's a kickboxer.

Brain damage is brain damage though, whether it comes from fists or feet.

Don't forget that headgear of whatever kind doesn't keep your brain from sloshing around inside your head and banging against your skull.

Brain damage is brain damage though, whether it comes from fists or feet.

Don't forget that headgear of whatever kind doesn't keep your brain from sloshing around inside your head and banging against your skull.
yeah but the entire sport of boxing is just punching eachother in the head the whole time.

yeah but the entire sport of boxing is just punching eachother in the head the whole time.

Well, I know but I guess the whole point of this conversation is that in the gym you can work speed, accuracy, combos etc without landing full-force blows.

Save the head trauma for the actual fight is what Valtellini and Thompson are trying to say.

Now she was well endowed up top and he ended up hitting her about 4 or 5 times in her breasts. She was reduced to tears and had to be excused
Let him bang

But srs, we had a guy like that. Gym hero. Always had an ego, once got triangled by a straweight chick, so his response was to spike her neck from a slam. Guy is about 180.

Anyways he then got paired with the fighters and got lit whenever. Problem was he'd still do hisbuual antics on the greener and new folks, so sparring classes people were scared of getting hurt or injured. Ends up being bad for the business, some memebers quit from it. He eventually got the boot

Well you can still get knocked out (hence concussed, hence brain damage) just by throwing punches.

Here's what Wonderboy has to say:

jimmy is referring to my post.

yes you can get hurt/injured by just hands. However with the facebar headgear its difficult. Unless you go to the body, and again yes its possible to get injured, but for the most part, just hands to the body, generally speaking the worst thing you will get is the wind knocked out of you, or dropped from a liver punch or something, but its not an injury, it just hurts. So when its just hands and with facebar head gear, you can spar hard "safer". Where as when you spar with all the weapons of MT, its much easier to get injured. Legs are stronger than arms. A cleanly landed full force knee will break ribs for sure. This is why most boxing gyms spar hard and most MT gyms spar lighter. This is just my opinion based off my experiences.

Back