Was Bill Wallace being a bully here or is it fair play?

jimmy is referring to my post.

yes you can get hurt/injured by just hands. However with the facebar headgear its difficult. Unless you go to the body, and again yes its possible to get injured, but for the most part, just hands to the body, generally speaking the worst thing you will get is the wind knocked out of you, or dropped from a liver punch or something, but its not an injury, it just hurts. So when its just hands and with facebar head gear, you can spar hard "safer". Where as when you spar with all the weapons of MT, its much easier to get injured. Legs are stronger than arms. A cleanly landed full force knee will break ribs for sure. This is why most boxing gyms spar hard and most MT gyms spar lighter. This is just my opinion based off my experiences.

I would be curious to see how much different headgear makes when it comes to concussions.

Obviously it will help with cosmetic damage, broken bones, etc. But I'm not sure how much it helps to keep your brain from rattling when you take a blow to the head.

I would be curious to see how much different headgear makes when it comes to concussions.

Obviously it will help with cosmetic damage, broken bones, etc. But I'm not sure how much it helps to keep your brain from rattling when you take a blow to the head.

i dunno, there is some science or possible bro science out there saying it does nothing or makes thing even worse however to me, sparring with all the proper equipment, allows you to go harder, without going harder if that makes sense. Meaning if you spar with no pads at 50%, with all the proper protection you can spar at 75% and it still feels like 50%........the facebar headgear is basically the same as wearing a facemask headgear. You should try sparring with it, its really fun, like wearing a helmet.

Back