Was Conor McGregor the only thing that made boxing relevant again or

The Mayweather McGregor boxing match was a circus show where the fighters got paid handsomely for a big pile of nothing. Mayweather even as a retired smaller fighter had a walk in the park against an opponent with no real boxing credentials. It was a joke. The Conor fans will tell you that Conor won the early rounds and I will tell you that Mayweather didn't even bother trying to win the early rounds as evidenced by rounds where he only threw 5 to 10 punches. After they passed the halfway mark, Mayweather flipped a switch and starting throwing volume punches and multi-punch combinations and Conor did nothing except eat them with his face.

Boxing will live or die regardless of what McGregor does.

Last edited:

Oldman randy vs lightsout!!!

TRT Randy vs james "fat, old, irrlevant for years, 0 mma training" toney.

LMAO

B level athlete Brock Lesnar:
51235w.jpg

A level athletes, elite boxers & strikers will dominate MMA ... just a matter of time.

#dealwithit

Lol, heavyweight boxing is huge right now, at least it is in England.

Probably gonna be bigger when Tyson Fury exposes Wilder for the can crusher he is and takes that last world title back to England

Conor made boxing relevant in the sense that he clarified that MMA fighters are embarrassingly bad boxers. Casuals and children learned something, I guess?

A level athletes, elite boxers & strikers will dominate MMA ... just a matter of time.

#dealwithit
They come for the Reebok $$$ and stay for the fans.

Heavyweight in the UK is huge atm because there are 3 major players all in relavtive prime ready to duke it out.

Boxing has been going stale for a while because promoters and agents are so greedy that good fights take so long to put together or not at all. Also a lot of boxing fans are become as deliuded as WWE fans. Refuse to take critisism of the sport and become arrogant unless you have a doctorate and have been watching since Ali.

I'm from the UK, boxing has always been relevant here. Well as long as I can rememeber

Mayorga was old and took a bunch of vicious beatings and lost in MMA.

The mma fighter was an amateur!! Surely an accomplished boxer would beat a bum like Rene martinez. Lol. With no real wrestling background.

TRT Randy vs james "fat, old, irrlevant for years, 0 mma training" toney.

LMAO

B level athlete Brock Lesnar:
51235w.jpg

#dealwithit

Thats old man randy vs a juiced up wrestler. Brock would mop the floor with pretty much any boxer in a cage under mma rules.

Lol @ ggg and Loma being top draws! Lololol. Loma has never had a ppv headliner and ggg only sold 80k on his ppv before he fought Canelo.
Wow! You 2 have Mayweather like reading comprehension. The post reads (now try and follow carefully) GGG and ALVAREZ (as in Canelo Alvarez) are huge draws. So that's GGG and ALVAREZ again in case you're not following. In the next sentence I said Lomachenko is A BIG DEAL not a big draw. Boxing also has Heavyweights who draw more money than any UFC Heavyweight aside from Brock. GGG vs Canelo did 1.3 Mil which is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing history and GGG's PPV's have been averaging around 500,000 buys in the UK alone.
Brian-Fantana-Easy-Champ-Anchorman.gif

Wow! You 2 have Mayweather like reading comprehension. The post reads (now try and follow carefully) GGG and ALVAREZ (as in Canelo Alvarez) are huge draws. So that's GGG and ALVAREZ again in case you're not following. In the next sentence I said Lomachenko is A BIG DEAL not a big draw. Boxing also has Heavyweights who draw more money than any UFC Heavyweight aside from Brock. GGG vs Canelo did 1.3 Mil which is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing history and GGG's PPV's have been averaging around 500,000 buys in the UK alone.
Brian-Fantana-Easy-Champ-Anchorman.gif
Px6TP8y.gif

Lol @ ggg and Loma being top draws! Lololol. Loma has never had a ppv headliner and ggg only sold 80k on his ppv before he fought Canelo.
GGG and Alvarez was the 3rd biggest fight in boxing history. I also didn't say Lomachenko was a big draw I said he was a BIG DEAL.

Boxing is for Mexicans. Thats why canelo is the biggest draw. Anthony joshua only sold 60k ppv in the US!! Lol

Do you just make up stats and pass them off as real?

Joshua has never done a PPV in the USA. Apologise for your mistake (lie) when you are ready.

Joshua has never done a PPV in the USA. Apologise for your mistake (lie) when you are ready.

He sold 60k ppv sales of some sort in the us!! ggg sold less than 180k ppv in a fight he had in the US before Canelo and thats the reason joshua hasn’t been brought to the US market, they dont sell!! Guess who is in the US market, ?!? UFC, every single ppv and sell UFC fight pass world wide!!! Bars are pac

There is a huge reason why Joshua hasn’t come to the US. It is because he doesn’t sell! The only time triple G has sold any significant paper views was when he fight Canelo. The flight before that he only sold 180,000. Guess who is in the US market , The UFC, every single paper view. It’s just a shame that they don’t pay their fighters. They even sell tens of thousands of UFC fight pass subscriptions worldwide. Does boxing do that? So who is more popular? I have never claimed that top boxers make less money then top UFC fighters.

He sold 60k ppv sales of some sort in the us!! ggg sold less than 180k ppv in a fight he had in the US before Canelo and thats the reason joshua hasn’t been brought to the US market, they dont sell!! Guess who is in the US market, ?!? UFC, every single ppv and sell UFC fight pass world wide!!! Bars are pac

There is a huge reason why Joshua hasn’t come to the US. It is because he doesn’t sell! The only time triple G has sold any significant paper views was when he fight Canelo. The flight before that he only sold 180,000. Guess who is in the US market , The UFC, every single paper view. It’s just a shame that they don’t pay their fighters. They even sell tens of thousands of UFC fight pass subscriptions worldwide. Does boxing do that? So who is more popular? I have never claimed that top boxers make less money then top UFC fighters.

Lol. Fail. Joshua has never done a PPV in USA. Just admit you are wrong.

Apologise in your own time.

Back