Was Fedor vs. Sonnen stopped early?

Looked like the typical Bellator fake fight. Certainly anything with Chael in it looks shady as fuck.
Lol at fake fight. Chael wouldnt have taken such a beating, and you cant fake those beautiful transitions by fedor. Shit was art

Last edited:
It was obvious Chael wanted to quit after his hailmary attempt at going for a submission failed, he tried to surprise fedor and flip him and get a RNC but it failed and that was his last effort to win. He had enough, he was getting his ass kicked and wanted out of the fight. He clearly wanted the ref to stop it but didn't want to tap.

Yeah he went for the HL reel sub attempt..
Imagine if he landed that on the GOAT.. People would have talked about it for ages.. Typical Sonnen strategy

Then when it failed he knew he was toast and didn't want to taste more punches standing

Even if it was stopped early Sonnen wouldn't have been able to get back to his feet and put together a good enough offensive to finish out the round. Fedor did look a little fatigued when he was throwing those punches toward the end but his transitions from striking to locking up an arm bar if he needed to are at a blink of an eye.

Fedor hasn't subbed anyone in over 10 years........

Hell no, if anything it was late. If the ref is telling you to do something or its over, then do something or its over.

Sonnen actually tapped. Watch the end closely and he turtled up waiting for the stoppage, then tapped his own arm a few times before the ref jumped in.

Lol at fake fight. Chael wouldnt have taken such a beating, and you can fake those beautiful transitions by fedor. Shit was art
Well... in all fairness Chael losing the back like that was kinda fishy... that said he was also getting his ass kicked.

Sonnen actually tapped. Watch the end closely and he turtled up waiting for the stoppage, then tapped his own arm a few times before the ref jumped in.

I just watched it again and you're right, I missed it the first time. Hard to tell if he was intentionally tapping or if he was trying to block the punches with that arm and the force of the blows made it look like a tap, but either way he wanted out.

Looked to me like Chael was tapping at the end. Even if he wasn't, wouldn't matter.

I also don't think the fight was totally on the up and up. Chael looked like he wanted to put on a show, but I don't think he had any interest in winning.

Why did Chael flip himself when he got Fedor's back? It's so weird.

Chael wasn't tapping; he was waving Fedor on.

Fedor got off easy. Chael let him win.

Back