Was GSP scared of Woodley? Cherry Picking Bisping?

ya I am the one in denial as Bispinng and Woodley clearly would not each want that fight if GSP was not bumping Woodley down the list

<{katwhu}>

So now what? How do you defend your position now? Is your next move to pretend the UFC would never allow it if boht Champs are loudly campaigning for it and refusing other fights and this is the bigger money for them all?

Oh, how cute, you went a found a video of 2 fighters TALKING about a fight, because 2 fighters have never talked about a fight that never took place, right? I don't need to defend my position, but I am glad you brought up the subject of a WW Champ vs MW Champ fight, as we never got see see the ORIGINAL WW Champ vs MW Champ superfight, Thanks to your butt buddy Georgie. Who, once again, SLINKED away from any prospect of a fight against Silva! LOLOLOL

EDIT: In his prime, LOLOLOLOL

Tyron is tailor made for GSP...lol

Georges made his fucking career fighting his type.

I don't know if he's necessarily scared of Woodley, prime GSP would beat him easily imo but he definitely cherry picked Bisping. It was the easiest shot he was ever going to have at winning the MW title and if he lost people it wouldn't affect his legacy too much because he moved up a weight class and had been out for the previous 4 years.

Oh, how cute, you went a found a video of 2 fighters TALKING about a fight, because 2 fighters have never talked about a fight that never took place, right? I don't need to defend my position, but I am glad you brought up the subject of a WW Champ vs MW Champ fight, as we never got see see the ORIGINAL WW Champ vs MW Champ superfight, Thanks to your butt buddy Georgie. Who, once again, SLINKED away from any prospect of a fight against Silva! LOLOLOL

EDIT: In his prime, LOLOLOLOL
Ahh so we should ignore that then and just PRETEND if not for GSP that Bisping was eager to run and fight a top contender. Do you think anyone else, not named you, would think Bisping was racing to fight Romero if GSP was not in the picture because if you do lol at you.

Sorry but Bisping was looking for any reason to not fight his top contenders. GSP fit, but if not him then Woodley would have easily fit.

But your issue does not seem to be Bisping. You seem to simply hate GSP which is why you assume an angel Bisping taking on all top contenders if not for evil GSP and that means no logical argument will resonate with you.

Ahh so we should ignore that then and just PRETEND if not for GSP that Bisping was eager to run and fight a top contender. Do you think anyone else, not named you, would think Bisping was racing to fight Romero if GSP was not in the picture because if you do lol at you.

Sorry but Bisping was looking for any reason to not fight his top contenders. GSP fit, but if not him then Woodley would have easily fit.

But your issue does not seem to be Bisping. You seem to simply hate GSP which is why you assume an angel Bisping taking on all top contenders if not for evil GSP and that means no logical argument will resonate with you.
Who cares about Bisping?
Bisping was going out anytime soon, I know that, you know that, freaking Michael Bisping knew that... Yes, GSP was his best option, easiest fight AND best selling one, and yet nobody cares

GSP had already worn the WW belt for many years and is considered by most to be the WW GOAT. So beating Bisping was a much bigger deal for his legacy vs. beating Woodley which is why GSP preferred the opportunity to be a two-division-UFC-champion which is a very small club. Don't forget that GSP's training partner (MacDonald) beat Woodley and GSP feels confident that he can follow that blue print for beating Woodley. Assuming GSP gets the colitis under control, I think there is a chance he comes back to fight for the 170 belt although if there is a possibility of fighting McGregor for the belt at 155 that would be his preference. That would be the biggest payday by far. McGregor is less dangerous than Woodley and GSP would be the only three-division-UFC-champion if he wins the 155 belt. Unfortunately McGregor's days as the champ at 155 are very limited. I think he wants Ferguson and Khabib to suffer some extra wear and tear before he fights them if he ever fights them. I think either one of them absolutely destroys McGregor if he doesn't get the early KO.

Tyron is tailor made for GSP...lol

Georges made his fucking career fighting his type.
Tyron is very dangerous, but he is often inactive and lots of close rounds or lost rounds due to inactivity. GSP is a very high pace fighter who will no doubt make Tyron fight at a faster pace than he likes and GSP is a machine at winning rounds (probably the best ever). So barring a KO by Woodley, GSP wins this fight up until the point Father Time clips GSP's wings. Woodley isn't a spring chicken either.

Who cares about Bisping?
Bisping was going out anytime soon, I know that, you know that, freaking Michael Bisping knew that... Yes, GSP was his best option, easiest fight AND best selling one, and yet nobody cares
You are missing the point of that exchange and the point was that GSP actually helped to get Bisping out earlier and return the MW division to order.

Had Bisping beat GSP you can bet he would have angled for Woodley Super fight next thus holding up the division even more. Had GSP not fought Bisping he would have went for the Woodley fight and then any other fight that was not a top contender.

GSP winning and immediately vacating was the fastest way the MW division was going to return to normal top contender fights V the champ.

For those who are quick to claim GSP is scared or Tyron, Cherry Picked Bisping and faking his medical issues to "Duck" MW I suggest giving this a watch/listen. John Danaher on JRE.

Woodley would destroy GSP. GSP knows it and everyone on here knows it.

It was cherry picking. GSP called bisping out like hours after he won the belt. Out of competition for so long coming back to fight woodley would be a mistake. Bisping was the perfect come back fight.

GSP has faced the Woodley threat before (Prime Hendricks even Prime Kos to a degree) but Woodley has never faced anyone like GSP. Prime GSP crushes him but todays GSP its a coin flip.

I don't know if I buy Donaher's story, but Woodley is willing to drop his title to get a big fight.

That should answer everything on why GSP wasn't interested in that fight. Nooooobody wants to watch Tyron Woodley. He's just another name on GSP's resume.

Bisping is a UFC star and a champion of a new title.

This is prize fighting.

GSP came back after 4 years, crushed the MW champ and put the whole division on notice until he got a life threatening disease.

GSP played it safe. If Bisping wasn't the champ I doubt he would have fought at MW. He wanted no part of Whittaker or Woodley, he only wants easy money fights. It's not like his fanbase would ever criticize him. He could fight Cyborg and people on here would fellatiate him and say how great he is. I only see him coming back to fight Conor.

did you listen to the video? GSP was ready to fight Woodley and Dana changed it because Woodley was dogshit vs Maia. If you believe Woodley beats GSP you are welcome to that opinion. I don't see what you can base that on in the real world but everyone has a right to be wrong.

Nobody called GSP a coward, but MANY questioned the manner in which he exited into his first retirement, INCLUDING other fighters, guess we should just as easily dismiss their opinions on the subject as well as to better fit YOUR conclusion of events, hey? I could care less about GSP and whether he ever fights again or not. What is funny though, is to have been able to see a mile away that he would NEVER defend that MW strap if he beat Bisping, but having to argue with his legion of butt pirated fans about that beforehand. Only to have him do that very thing, and have to hear these same idiots crying from the rooftops that we were insensitive for not taking his "stomach issues" seriously, LOL. I hate the word casual, because it's such a try hard, wannabe combat sports elitist word used waay too much, but FFS, you just put Couture and Liddell in the same sentence as Marciano, Ali and the rest of true greats, LOLOL

What does slinking off and afraid imply if not coward?

GSP didn't deserve the title fight after being away for four years, and just came back for easy money. I know retired engineers who do the same thing - come back for one quick, big money contract and then go back to being retired again. Its part of making money, and most of us jump at a chance to do it in our trade. The only people I can think of who have a problem with that are those who've never had to work for their money - everyone else completely understands. You don't turn down easy money unless you're filthy rich (Bill Gates, Warren Buffett etc).

And the list of retired fighters who've been called cowards includes the great (Ali, Marciano etc) and the good but not great (Liddell, Couture) which is exactly the point - its said about everyone when they retire. Because for some people retiring means you're chickening out. They'll see it differently when they get close to retirement age.

There is no one more blind than a GSP hater. Worked his way up from nothing, cleaned out his division twice, has fought through major injuries, and fought guys who were roided to the gills. #GOAT

Back