Was Khabib Playing or is he Really that One-Dimensional?

Dont Frye

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He must of been messing around.

I can't believe he was being serious there.

Holloway and Tony would both have a field day with that version of Khabib.

lol

Conor fans, at this stage:

giphy.gif

He completely dominated the fight and won every round. People are grasping at straws just to discredit Khabib for not mauling him.

I think that's because Khabib had 1 day to study Al Iaquinta's tapes, and 0 days to actually practice technique to counter him (you don't spar in the final moments at risk of getting injury). You think he was ever watching Al fight before last 2 nights? He's been studying Tony and Conor extensively. Tony also has a different build than Al. He's lanky, meaning it'll be simpler to slip in a submission around the neck whereas Al's neck is barely there and Khabib struggled to sink it in. He's also taller, so he can't crouch down like Al did to minimize takedown attempts.

This fight does give people some false hope, which is good. Maybe people will be interested to challenge him for once.

1 dimensional? his entire game plan changed mid fight when he gassed. What did you watch?
He successfully landed more triple and quadruple jabs than any mma fight that comes to mind.

He's never been in round 4 and 5 before. Those failed takedown attempts were not him "just playing" that's idiotic. That was the sight of a man fading hard.

He is now in championship fights. No more 3 round fights where he looks invincible and the final bell rings right before he starts fading.

1 dimensional? his entire game plan changed mid fight when he gassed. What did you watch?
He successfully landed more triple and quadruple jabs than any mma fight that comes to mind.

Against a broken down wild striker who had to change his stance by that point and who was still terrified of the TD threat(I guess he didn't expect Khabib to fade that much).

The point of these threads are, what if it's somebody like Tony in there who does not fade in the championship rounds and actually gets stronger? Those half assed jabs would not work. Ring rust Raging Al is not a top 5 LW.

Last edited:

I watched a guy who just stood in front of Khabib for 25 mins, and all he could do was flick out a jab and hold him against the fence.

Khabib must of been playing.

He's less one dimensional than GSP who is praised to high heaven round here

He must of been messing around.

I can't believe he was being serious there.

Holloway and Tony would both have a field day with that version of Khabib.
This is where you are hiding......Thanks for the thread dedication you pussy...Start shit then run away....Cowardly, now it makes sense you are a Conor fan after all.
How did you get the number 79%, and how do I boost that number a little higher? I am really trying here Mano.

Looked to me like he was nervous about having the gas to wrestle with the same intensity for 5 rounds. Clever enough gameplan to wear Iaquinta down first and then take a couple rounds standing. Khabib's jab looked ok part of the time, but he also looked very hittable at times and there were many things a top striker could have taken advantage of. An odd, flat kind of performance considering he won clearly.

everything already said plus al iaquinta is severely underrated (look at his record) and he matches up well against Khabib. Plus Khabib is the kinda fighter that might not destroy anybody but will outclass everybody

He's 26-0.
I'm not even a Khabib fan, but to shit on him for this performance is ridiculous.

He's unbeaten, for fucks sake. That would mean every other fighter he fought is more one-dimensional. <45>

I wouldn't say he's 1 dimensional, he just isn't a top level striker, but for the most part that really hasn't been a problem as by the time it comes to a striking contest his opponent is pretty much done.

al survived those 2 first rounds due to him having a pretty strong wresslin base. And still khabib could have mauled him when he was face down but decided not to do so. Why? who knows.

With that said, how do you think that both Ferguson and Max could have scaped that onslaught? What MAKES YOU THINK that he would have decided to stand with them as well?

Khabib is as great of a striker as Mcgoat in grappling. The problem is that when you are so worried about a takedown threat even a good striker can get beaten on his feet by a wressler. Al got demolished on his feet, that was a royal ass whooping on a guy that is really solid and was supposed to murk him standing. Khebab made a statement, few sherdogers can see it.

Against a broken down wild striker who had to change his stance by that point and who was still terrified of the TD threat(I guess he didn't expect Khabib to fade that much).

Hmm. Haven't watched the fight yet, but managed to catch Zabit's one - which my only complaint about it was Rogan and Rogan jr being near condescending about Dagestan - Zabit was launching all sorts of different strikes and mixing it up nicely, but if Bochniak showed a bit more composure and had a bit more time, it could have gotten interesting.

The last minute of that fight he faded a little bit and started to back up. If Zabit is in a 5 rounders, from watching that, he's going to have to be more selective with his shots, imo. He didn't like that pressure Bochniak was putting on him.

I think he's a more well rounded fighter than Nurmagomedov, so interested to watch that fight with Iaquinta and see how that played out. I think they're both so used to running through lads in previous fights, but when they're not in control of the fight, go away from their strengths and get put on the back foot, that's what I think could be one facet of them being in trouble.

I’m just thankful that LW can get going again. Khabib will defend the belt, there are some great fights for him.

Back