Was Khabib Playing or is he Really that One-Dimensional?

Alves
Takedown over and over
Hardy
Takedown over and over
Shields
Jab over and over
Diaz
Jab AND a takedown
Koscheck
Jab over and over

Shut the fuck up and go watch some fights other than a highlight reel

GSP out-struck everyone he ever fought, and out-grappled everyone he ever fought.

He was the least one-dimensional fighter to ever fight in the UFC.

I get saying he was 'messing around' by not going for takedowns in 3 and 4 (not my read but whatever) but while his striking offense looked quite decent his defense looked absolutely atrocious.
He went for 5 takedowns in rounds 3, 4, & 5 before he got the 6th and last one. Al stuffed the first 5, Khabib tried to get takedowns still his effectiveness just went down as the fight went along

The fight confirmed my suspicions, he wouldn't last 1 minute standing with Conor.

People act like Khabib has cleared out the division when he's only fought 1 of the current top 10.

Half the top 10 have a legit chance to beat him, he's a one trick pony, it's a good trick but the blueprint is becoming apparent.

He's less one dimensional than GSP who is praised to high heaven round here
lol so your saying kabob has more tools than gsp....
oh my.i could hardly type that out.
funny shit right there

him facing gsp? LOL. or ramadan time.

Better than not fighting at all. He can’t do any worse than Conor.

All khabib needs is one defense and he has accomplished another thing that Conor has not.

Khabib would smash Conor, but GSP would decimate Khabib. It's literally the easiet 'big' match-up GSP could take. Looks good on paper, but stylistically poses zero problems.

All these dudes are just looking for paper resumes rather than fighting the best. GSP should face Woodley and Khabib should stick to his division. Dude doesn't even have a real belt yet.

He must of been messing around.

I can't believe he was being serious there.

Holloway and Tony would both have a field day with that version of Khabib.
I dont know if it's Rogan's unexplicably off commentating, but the last time I saw a man land that many jabs on his opponents, it was GSP on Koscheck...GSP did not have a ton of success with his takedowns, so he avoided Koscheck's big swings and kept jabbing and jabbing...and oddly enough, Rogan kept saying how dominant he was...While Khabib's standup was not overly impressive, it sure was efficient: avoided getting clipped, landed a shit ton of strikes...I understand it's 2018 and it may feel unlikely to see someone like Matt Hughes (or with one dominant skill) be a dominant champ ever again, but who knows...It's been a rough week for Khabib...don't forget that this was a last minute matchup.

Non-existent? Based on what? Being subbed by a high level black belt when gassed?
ALL but one of Conor's wins came from his stand up. His losses come from not knowing how to defend simple BJJ. That's one dimensional.

ALL but one of Conor's wins came from his stand up. His losses come from not knowing how to defend simple BJJ. That's one dimensional.

He has one loss by sub in like 6 or 7 years lol

i hope he was playing but who knows. whats funny is after all these years and the " evolution of mma " the biggest fight there is to be made out there is still a " Striker vs Grappler " match.

Nope, coz no one is acting like he's cleared out the division...

Pay attention.
So that is somehow better than someone who fought to contention at 55.....Something Conor could/would not do.

Back