Was Khabib Playing or is he Really that One-Dimensional?

I’m just thankful that LW can get going again. Khabib will defend the belt, there are some great fights for him.

He will be doing nothing. They will be promoting the Conor fight for like a year

i hope he was playing but who knows. whats funny is after all these years and the " evolution of mma " the biggest fight there is to be made out there is still a " Striker vs Grappler " match.

Kind of over-exaggerated though. Khabib's striking is a lot better than people give him credit for, just like Conor's grappling is. They are much more complete than the fighter of 10-20 years ago, even 5.

When I think of 1 dimensional, Conor is the 1st one to pop into my mind. Horrible wrestling/grappling, no submission game, sucky cardio, really all he has is a left hand. Khabib on the other hand has wrestling/grappling, jitsu, ground and pound, his jabs were amazing he was lighting Iaquinta up with them. His head movement needs work for sure though. Sure he took some shots and have in the past as well in other fights but he walked through them. Conor on the other hand took a pitter patter jab from Diaz and got rocked and was choked out shortly after.

When I think of 1 dimensional, Conor is the 1st one to pop into my mind. Horrible wrestling/grappling, no submission game, sucky cardio, really all he has is a left hand. Khabib on the other hand has wrestling/grappling, jitsu, ground and pound, his jabs were amazing he was lighting Iaquinta up with them. His head movement needs work for sure though. Sure he took some shots and have in the past as well in other fights but he walked through them. Conor on the other hand took a pitter patter jab from Diaz and got rocked and was choked out shortly after.
I think you're being a bit harsh not at least mentioning Conor's kicks and his timing with his punches. He also uses the right hand a lot to create openings for the left, he just doesn't throw it that hard.

Khabib never stopped wrestling Barbosa. He didn't spend any more time than he absolutely had to standing with him.
And when he did he dominated Barbosa, he pressured him into the cage with his boxing. Barbosa's only threat were his kicks.

Back