Was Lauren Murphy foreshadowing? ***Possible spoiler***

tat2man5k

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
On the episode when she asked Eddie to train her on how to possibly take on Barb, did anyone else think "man, TUF is putting this here because she's not gonna make it to the finals against Barb". I know I did. I didn't expect her to get totally dominated, but it was pretty weak of her to totally disregard any opponents and assume she was gonna end up in the finals.
BTW, yes, I realize that episode was a week ago, but I have TUF DVR'd and sometimes it takes me awhile to catch up with my shows.

i can see how you took that but i personally didn't there, but ufc unfiltered talking to nicco montano weeks ago was def weird and sure enough, the first few episodes nicco was hardly seen, (which has been normal in the tuf format, just seemed she was almost hidden til her ep) and she came out with a great performance.

On the episode when she asked Eddie to train her on how to possibly take on Barb, did anyone else think "man, TUF is putting this here because she's not gonna make it to the finals against Barb". I know I did. I didn't expect her to get totally dominated, but it was pretty weak of her to totally disregard any opponents and assume she was gonna end up in the finals.
BTW, yes, I realize that episode was a week ago, but I have TUF DVR'd and sometimes it takes me awhile to catch up with my shows.

Well. I knew people were talking up Murphy due to her being a veteran and having done well even in losing several fights in the UFC. High seed. Etc. But I also knew, as has others, that Murphy would have to cut a fair amount of weight to get to flyweight and that she'd need to fight early in TUF for her to do well. So going in I had several reservations about just how well she would do in TUF 26.

Next I've seen all of the competitors in this season's TUF before. I knew drawing Nicco Montano (much like Sijara Eubanks) would be a tougher fight then most people would assume. Seeing Murphy talking up fighting Barb Honchak for the title was a solid signal that Murphy was headed into trouble. There have been other signs that there was an upset in the makings on that front to but I do agree that this event, shown on the show, was a foreshadowing of events.

Murphy did look drained to me going into that fight and she was well under 126lbs limit. I'd be curious how they would do in a rematch under normal circumstances, not TUF circumstances.

Nicco Montano's comments that she knew Murphy is a pressure/grinder are correct and having Murphy drained contributed to Montano's success - not discounting Montano's own skills as I view her as the more well rounded of the two of them although I (feel) Murphy does more damage from top position when ground and pounding.

(Edited for clarity.)

Last edited:
i can see how you took that but i personally didn't there, but ufc unfiltered talking to nicco montano weeks ago was def weird and sure enough, the first few episodes nicco was hardly seen, (which has been normal in the tuf format, just seemed she was almost hidden til her ep) and she came out with a great performance.
Agreed. I'm not sure that Lauren looked bad as much as Nicco looked great.

Well the speculation as to the last 4 based on a screenshot of the contenders series and a fox show appearance is holding up well and has predicted both upsets so far.

I was intrigued by the photo of Team Alvarez which included Chookagian but was missing Murphy and now Lauren has a fight booked with Cachoeira on the finale. Something's up but it would need an Eddie Bravo to figure it out

Dunno but I was glad to see Lauren lose. Don't care for her personality or attitude.

IMO she shouldn't had this last chance but who gives a fuck, i hope Priscila puts her to sleep

Yeah, the way she acted toward Alvarez was pretty childish

Back