Was Ward's beautiful performance against Kovalev in the rematch the best performance of the year?

If Srisaket dominates Choco in the rematch, then I'd say that's a win that would be comparable to Ward's second win over Kovalev. Other than that, there isn't anybody I can think of who put on a performance at that level (I was impressed by Thurman over Garcia, LSC over Frampton, and Mikey over Broner and Dejan but I don't think Garcia/Broner/Dejan are on the same level as Kov). Spence over Brook was also hugely impressive.

Now that you mention it, Garcia over Broner is a good pick also. It reminds me a lot of Canelo vs JCCjr.

I also mentioned Spence as one of the few that is on the level of Ward vs Kova.

Now that you mention it, Garcia over Broner is a good pick also. It reminds me a lot of Canelo vs JCCjr.

I also mentioned Spence as one of the few that is on the level of Ward vs Kova.

Garcia/Broner and Canelo/Chavez were blowout mismatch fights easily called when they were announced. The only question in either fight was how the favorites would handle moving up in weight but the skill gap was monumental. I don't see how destroying Chavez or Broner can equate at all to crushing Kovalev.

When you think about it Kov had only ever lost to Ward and that was by the slimmest margin possible.

Broner and Chavez both lost multiple times in their biggest fights before getting blown out in their latest matches.

I mentioned it b/c nobody in their career up until Jacobs had even been able to make GGG look human, let alone make it through to the end of a 12rd fight, let alone arguably win that fight. I thought Danny edged it 114-113 but it could've gone either way imo.

Danny fought one of the top p4p fighters and one of the most feared guys in the sport tooth and nail through the whole fight, overcame a kd, hurt GGG, especially to the body, boxed and moved well. I thought it was a very, very impressive performance despite it going down in the books as an L. One of the better performances of the year, even in a losing effort, but also clearly subjective on my part.

I do get what you mean, though, I think we're just trying to find half decent alternatives to Ward's performance b/c it's definitely the best of the year so far. I agree Spence's performance against Brook is up there, I would say, however, that I think Danny's performance against GGG was more impressive than Canelo's over JCCJR, obviously debatable, though. Then again I thought Jr could give Canelo some problems in that fight leading up and Canelo played Ike to Jrs Tina so what the hell do I know, lol.

you have to watch jrs 168 fight with dominick britsch to understand how done a 164 julio is. he has nothing on his delivery compared to in his prime against lee and sergio.

as for jacobs performance against golovkin i think its too early to say. if danny goes to 168 and convincingly beats zurdo or groves you can say that golovkins performance was just as good. i think danny could be every bit as talented as prime jermain taylor so im not looking too much into people saying that golovkin is slipping.

many people thought that 40-year-old hopkins was on the decline after he lost his rematch with taylor yet steps up two weight classes and convincingly beats tarver in his next fight six months later.

you have to watch jrs 168 fight with dominick britsch to understand how done a 164 julio is. he has nothing on his delivery compared to in his prime against lee and sergio.

as for jacobs performance against golovkin i think its too early to say. if danny goes to 168 and convincingly beats zurdo or groves you can say that golovkins performance was just as good. i think danny could be every bit as talented as prime jermain taylor so im not looking too much into people saying that golovkin is slipping.

many people thought that 40-year-old hopkins was on the decline after he lost his rematch with taylor yet steps up two weight classes and convincingly beats tarver in his next fight six months later.
would love to see Jacobs vs zurdo.. who would you favor @quincy k

Johny Cage combo punches to the nuts are ok in 2017?
Both wins by Ward are complete oposite of what fair ane square means.

Back