Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

Could you please help with my thread? I recently made a thread here

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...wrong-path-lets-make-mma-great-again.3824895/

and it got moved to Wasteland for no apparent reasons. As far as I'm aware, I did not violate any forum rules. Please look into this, thank you!
It was moved to the wasteland because after some discussion it turned out that it was both a "UFC should fire Dana White" thread as well as a "UFC is dying" thread. Both have been discussed ad nauseum, and do little besides stir up drama and infighting among posters (especially with the political spin of "make the UFC great again"), without actually providing any salient points or original ideas. It's a rehashed discussion that can be covered in any number of other threads, and as such, it was moved to the wasteland where it can be discussed there further if you wish.

My UFC 230 prediction contest thread was just deleted. Discuss.

My UFC 230 prediction contest thread was just deleted. Discuss.
It was deleted because the site needs to approve any contest for the transfer of money or goods from one member to another. We can't have posters asking other posters for their personal information wantonly in the hopes that one pays the other.

It was deleted because the site needs to approve any contest for the transfer of money or goods from one member to another. We can't have posters asking other posters for their personal information wantonly in the hopes that one pays the other.

That makes sense. Is there a way I can get this approved? I think it would be fun. I don’t think there’s been this much mystery as to who will headline a major ppv card this soon out from the fight. And the predictions are all over the place. I’d like to reward the person who can accurately predict what the UFC will do.

Said to seek medical care. I already did. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience, don't know why that's inappropriate. Kind of pissed me off, honestly.

Sorry I missed this, sort of distracted and not used to this subforum.

Part of it too was that I could use the humor of people joking about it instead of the stress. I'm not necessarily asking for medical advice since I've already gone to the doctor. I just wanted to discuss the shit and enjoy a few jokes.

I'm just wondering why it was removed.

It was in response to this:

I'm pretty sure that before Russian, there were a couple of other languages used as "one language", including Arabic, you can look it up in Wikipedia if you want.

He's a poster I often converse with from time to time. We have good relation.

My response was:

Arabs never even held the region outside of Southern Dagestan (inhabited by Lezgin, Dargin and partly Lak). Northern Dagestan (Avar) and the rest of the Caucasus came under Khazar control, and later Mongol-Kipchak control.

The Persians held South Dag. before the Arab Caliphate briefly succeeded them. But neither held territory beyond Derbent, which was considered no-man's land and why a wall was put up in Derbend in the first place by the Persians.

Wikipedia's info on the topic atm is severely lacking and inaccurate. It's a work in progress and it needs a lot of work.​

This was a completely non-controversial post, and its not like the whole chain of posts was deleted just mine. It was completely historical in nature and gives a historical and geographic context for those who are unware of Caucasus history.

I'm just wondering why it was removed.

It was in response to this:

He's a poster I often converse with from time to time. We have good relation.

My response was:

Arabs never even held the region outside of Southern Dagestan (inhabited by Lezgin, Dargin and partly Lak). Northern Dagestan (Avar) and the rest of the Caucasus came under Khazar control, and later Mongol-Kipchak control.

The Persians held South Dag. before the Arab Caliphate briefly succeeded them. But neither held territory beyond Derbent, which was considered no-man's land and why a wall was put up in Derbend in the first place by the Persians.

Wikipedia's info on the topic atm is severely lacking and inaccurate. It's a work in progress and it needs a lot of work.​

This was a completely non-controversial post, and its not like the whole chain of posts was deleted just mine. It was completely historical in nature and gives a historical and geographic context for those who are unware of Caucasus history.

I've deleted several posts from that thread that weren't on topic and led to a derail. The subject of the thread is training in Dagestan. And while I may appreciate the history/linguistic lesson, its a conversation better had via p.m. between you and the other user.

my woodley thread got wastelanded.... without a reason again.
this is getting ridiculous now

my woodley thread got wastelanded.... without a reason again.
this is getting ridiculous now
My guess is because you presented the argument with false information in an attempt to mislead other posters into buying your claims. Also, "who is the greatest of all time in this weight class" threads typically get moved to the wasteland because they are rehashed topics we've seen time and time again and don't do anything but start fights.

Why was my Kid Yamamoto thread locked?
As you said yourself in the thread, BJ Penn had removed the post. There is most likely a good reason for that. If he shares the post again then we can unlock your thread.

My thread on Khabib's stablemate warning Conor to apologize over his press conference remarks was just deleted. Why?

Edit: Meanwhile, this thread has been hanging around for an hour and well into the 3rd page: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/khusein-khaliev-threat-conor.3831367/

Some consistency maybe?
Not all content is created equal. If more than one thread broaching a subject is posted, we'd prefer to keep the discussion as centralised as conceivably possible for readership as well as progression of topic. Depending on grade of OP you craft to host said discussion, it may or may not be deemed best – this having less to do with consistency and more with quality in the face of quantity.

Lastly, threads of any such politicisation are always going to be scrutinised as UFC Disc is uncommonly the place for which. I'm sorry for your momentary dissatisfaction but hope big-picture that you continue to enjoy the site.

Why were my last two threads wastelanded
<{vega}>
I moved your thread Why are threads talking about women’s bodies allowed to stay in the heavies
because the Heavies isn't the right place to ask about site policy.

I moved your thread Why are threads talking about women’s bodies allowed to stay in the heavies
because the Heavies isn't the right place to ask about site policy.
What about the previous one

What about the previous one
Are you talking about the Conor Has the Best Body in MMA thread? Joke threads like that usually get deleted. Moving it to the Wasteland was generous imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back