Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry @Valkosen I don't mean to give you a hard time.

My back hurts and it's making me easily annoyed.

Honestly the onyl thread of the 3 I was concerned about was the draw a turkey thread, that was harmless fun

I also am confused by threads being deleted without notifications - or skipping the dump - there's no consistancy here

Ehhhhhh I'll stfu now
Hang tight, bud. I will update you ITT of how the chips fall. And sorry to hear about your back.

Hang tight, bud. I will update you ITT of how the chips fall. And sorry to hear about your back.

I'm over it I just needed to vent - I do make too many threads :)

While my joke( which is 100% relevant to current events) gets dumped?

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...75-year-old-woman-viciously-attacked.3638777/

I've moved your support thread to the appropriate place for thread moving enquiries.
While I didn't dump your War Room thread personally, I'd assume it was dumped because it doesn't follow the thread guidelines for the War Room.
Not enough content, a subject that's already be more than covered in other threads and not really instigating any sort of political discussion.

The moderating is seriously slipping on here. There are too many racist threads and posts in the heavies lately.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ban-minorities-from-the-ufc.3639457/#post-134880599

reported by plenty but still posted.
The thread has been handled and the user has been banned. I see you reported it 15 minutes ago, that's generally an average wait time as to when it'll be handled as we aren't alerted for reports.

Every report is handled, so if you see any racist posts or threads just report it and it'll be addressed by a Mod. Because of the high volume of posts along with their being so many different sub forums if it's not reported then it most likely won't be seen by a staff member.

I've moved your support thread to the appropriate place for thread moving enquiries.
While I didn't dump your War Room thread personally, I'd assume it was dumped because it doesn't follow the thread guidelines for the War Room.
Not enough content, a subject that's already be more than covered in other threads and not really instigating any sort of political discussion.

I disagree on 2 fronts:

The thread, while intended as a joke, also showed how some users clearly have no sense of humor and/or are not willing to budge even a little on their worship of Trump. If you saw the entire thread it turned into "but Obama" and "but Hillary" defensive mode for the staunch Trump supporters. This was evolving into an honest discussion as to why these users feel so emotionally attached to a man they barely know. I was fully intending to take the discussion in that direction until I noticed the thread got dumped.

My 2nd issue is why is that racist thread still up? It's clearly some BS the user didn't think through. Somehow, he is able to use this platform to advertise his racist agenda. There are a lot of threads and posts on here that teeter on the brink of racism, but that one is so incredibly ignorant and racist it really shouldn't even be a discussion. It only serves the purpose of normalizing that kind of thinking among the actual racists who post here, and stirring the pot with those who aren't ignorant.

I disagree on 2 fronts:

The thread, while intended as a joke, also showed how some users clearly have no sense of humor and/or are not willing to budge even a little on their worship of Trump. If you saw the entire thread it turned into "but Obama" and "but Hillary" defensive mode for the staunch Trump supporters. This was evolving into an honest discussion as to why these users feel so emotionally attached to a man they barely know. I was fully intending to take the discussion in that direction until I noticed the thread got dumped.

My 2nd issue is why is that racist thread still up? It's clearly some BS the user didn't think through. Somehow, he is able to use this platform to advertise his racist agenda. There are a lot of threads and posts on here that teeter on the brink of racism, but that one is so incredibly ignorant and racist it really shouldn't even be a discussion. It only serves the purpose of normalizing that kind of thinking among the actual racists who post here, and stirring the pot with those who aren't ignorant.

We do have a lot of problems eliminating racism in the War Room at the moment, but that's largely due to the current political climate.
Identity politics, immigration and globalisation really are the political preoccupations of the entire world, and so while we definitely try to stamp out anything which meets the text book definition of racism (or ethnic and religious bigotry for that matter), there's a broad swathe of discussion in that boundary area which legitimately forms a large part of current political dialogue.
So, unless we have threads/posters that are outright promoting racial nationalism and claiming racial superiority/inferiority or the use of ethnic slurs and conspiracy theories, we tend to let most of the discussion go.
If your thread was supposed to be a meta-commentary on identity politics or the cult of personality, the posts and content really didn't pull it off. It really looked like just more partisan trolling with a one-liner about Trump.

The thread has been handled and the user has been banned. I see you reported it 15 minutes ago, that's generally an average wait time as to when it'll be handled as we aren't alerted for reports.

this is actually good to know.

i've wondered how that works.

I had a thread with this OP
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/fusion-gps-partners-plead-fifth-before-house-intel/index.html (very fake news)

The Dem sponsored "research" firm Fusion GPS, which produced the now-debunked Steele Dossier (pissgate). The firm has come under scrutiny after Congress learned that they dossier was purchased from active KGB-agents, and lawmakers want to understand more about the source of funds Fusion GPS used to purchase the dossier.

Nunes (R) subpoena'd the partners last week, though the top-ranking Democrat on the committee opposed the subpoena's. Instead of cooperating with lawmakers, the partners elected to invoke their 5th amendment rights, and refused to answer any questions.

Why is Fusion GPS refusing to cooperate with the Russian investigation? Obviously they feel they may be incriminated by answering some of the questions, so what are they hiding?

merged into this thread
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...testimony-to-senate-fusion-gps-thread.3571865

But I'm confused as to why. My thread is about a Congressional hearing that happened yesterday, and the thread it was merged into has been dead for 2 months, and is not really related. My thread does not break any rules, and is on a political topic only a day old. There does not appear to be any threads discussing the hearing, so I'm confused. It may be a misunderstanding by the moderator. Can someone please unmerge?

I had a thread with this OP

merged into this thread
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...testimony-to-senate-fusion-gps-thread.3571865

But I'm confused as to why. My thread is about a Congressional hearing that happened yesterday, and the thread it was merged into has been dead for 2 months, and is not really related. My thread does not break any rules, and is on a political topic only a day old. There does not appear to be any threads discussing the hearing, so I'm confused. It may be a misunderstanding by the moderator. Can someone please unmerge?

Also, no one has responded to this.

Hi there, I just reported a single comment on a thread that I made and that thread has now been shut down. It was a legitimate thread about why there is such a stigma attached to being gay as an mma fighter. It had some banter in it but nothing malicious apart from a single person's comments. I'm just wondering why it was shut down? Obviously it's a tricky subject to broach but it seems to me to be a legitimate enough question.

My question is just why delete the entire thread and not just a single person's malicious comments. I think a dialogue in that situation is the way to go.

Anyways thanks in advance. I love sherdog. Maybe I Shouldve put it in the Mayberry lounge and not the heavies.

I'm no saint and like a bit of banter but I also like a decent debate and don't think a thread should be off limits due to this subject matter. Tho I do appreciate it creates more work for mods given this topic and audience. Personally I think it's a good thing as it weeds out the people who shouldn't be here in the first place.

@Lethal @Valhoven

Last edited:
I guess the point is how can we eliminate such stigma if were not prepared to even have open conversation about it. I don't care what someone's opinion or personal opinion is if it's not just a brazen and malicious reply and against forum rules. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Haha I was the one getting the The flak in that thread. And im prepared to take it on the chin.. hopefully in the name of reasoned debate with a bit of bants thrown in.

Hi there, I just reported a single comment on a thread that I made and that thread has now been shut down. It was a legitimate thread about why there is such a stigma attached to being gay as an mma fighter. It had some banter in it but nothing malicious apart from a single person's comments. I'm just wondering why it was shut down? Obviously it's a tricky subject to broach but it seems to me to be a legitimate enough question.

My question is just why delete the entire thread and not just a single person's malicious comments. I think a dialogue in that situation is the way to go.

Anyways thanks in advance. I love sherdog. Maybe I Shouldve put it in the Mayberry lounge and not the heavies.

I'm no saint and like a bit of banter but I also like a decent debate and don't think a thread should be off limits due to this subject matter. Tho I do appreciate it creates more work for mods given this topic and audience. Personally I think it's a good thing as it weeds out the people who shouldn't be here in the first place.

@Lethal @Valhoven
Hi, Phil. I'm happy to help. Give me a moment and I will look into which.

Hi, Phil. I'm happy to help. Give me a moment and I will look into which.
Cheers, I mean it's not of major importance. The only reason I can muster is that it looks bad from the outside looking in. And i dont think thats a good enough reason.

@Philtard

So, consensus was the thread had run its course and what point you'd wanted to make, had in fact been made.

Your OP, honestly, read a bit tongue-in-cheek although your earnest intentions did show in here-and-there moments as the discussion progressed (or ripened, as it were).

Something important to remember in addressing a more or less red-button topic with the Community, is to use your OP as a platform to frame what sort discussion you would like to see follow from it.

Keep this in mind moving forward and also the location of thread, as you yourself noted. Heavies are a little too high-octane for that sort tactful discussion, if you know I mean.

Hope that helps.

@Philtard

So, consensus was the thread had run its course and what point you'd wanted to make, had in fact been made.

Your OP, honestly, read a bit tongue-in-cheek although your earnest intentions did show in here-and-there moments as the discussion progressed (or ripened, as it were).

Something important to remember in addressing a more or less red-button topic with the Community, is to use your OP as a platform to frame what sort discussion you would like to see follow from it.

Keep this in mind moving forward and also the location of thread, as you yourself noted. Heavies are a little too high-octane for that sort tactful discussion, if you know I mean.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate the response. Which is fair. I kinda went in half hearted in the OP and agree that it could probably be better framed. Tried to get the appropriate level of humour going. And yeah, heavies was a bad idea. Guess it was the demographic I was going after.

Have a good one and thanks again.

It also appears I was infracted for that thread? Again, I haven't received any notification of this. What rule was supposedly broken? As far as I'm aware that thread was a relatively mundane WarRoom anti-abortion thread, and I had said anything that would warrant an infraction.

@Madmick @computer fogie @Ruprecht @panamaican @Limbo Pete @Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back