Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dumped your thread. Your OP consisted of nothing but a quote from the abstract of a paper, and then a meme. There was no prompt for discussion, or really anything at all. Discussing science publications is fine, but at the very least you need some semblance of an argument, question, prompt, etc to facilitate that discussion. And that's in addition to following all the other forum guidelines. It's your responsibility as a thread starter to take care of this, otherwise they get dumped. It's also important to pay attention where you are making threads. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them before making a thread, as it can help save the pain and anguish of your content ending up in the ol trashcan.
I thought the paper itself was a prompt for discussion. Can I repost with a comment asking for discussion?

I thought the paper itself was a prompt for discussion. Can I repost with a comment asking for discussion?
You need a real OP. Just saying "discuss" will often result in a trip to the dump. And it's also worth noting that even a functional OP can still very easily be dumped if it is essentially a non-sequitur from the place in which it is posted. Ask yourself, why am I making this thread in the War Room (for example)? Also also, if discussion fails to materialize or goes completely off the rails, it is also likely that a thread will be dumped, particularly if they get vitriolic.

Hello Mods,

I recently made a thread in the UFC section, defending Francis Ngannou against blind PED accusations from some posters.

My thread immediately got sent to the wasteland:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/n...e-truth-that-many-dont-want-to-accept.3695527

Meanwhile, there are posters who have been making PED accusations against Ngannou, and their threads are allowed to stay in the UFC section, such as this one here:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/francis-ngannous-weight-gain.3695473/

Sherdog is a great forum, and a big part of it is the mods who are professional at what they do. But in this instance, the action of the mod that moved my thread suggest that he is not acting in the best interest of the forum and the MMA community as a whole, but rather in his personal bias.

Please help!

Hello Mods,

I recently made a thread in the UFC section, defending Francis Ngannou against blind PED accusations from some posters.

My thread immediately got sent to the wasteland:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/n...e-truth-that-many-dont-want-to-accept.3695527

Meanwhile, there are posters who have been making PED accusations against Ngannou, and their threads are allowed to stay in the UFC section, such as this one here:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/francis-ngannous-weight-gain.3695473/

Sherdog is a great forum, and a big part of it is the mods who are professional at what they do. But in this instance, the action of the mod that moved my thread suggest that he is not acting in the best interest of the forum and the MMA community as a whole, but rather in his personal bias.

Please help!
The Heavies is not the place for a discussion of African genetics vs. genetics from other parts of the world.

There are currently 3 callout threads in the OT about me. The slanderous personal accusations is against Sherdog forum rules. I contacted 6 Moderators about this issue and only 1 responded. I just want fairness. @BAM @Tachy

There are currently 3 callout threads in the OT about me. The slanderous personal accusations is against Sherdog forum rules. I contacted 6 Moderators about this issue and only 1 responded. I just want fairness. @BAM @Tachy

You don't think some of your past actions gave people pause? Not to mention it's not just mods who have questioned some past comments. You were a prior ban.

This is absolutely ridiculous. You should be doing your best to fly under the radar. Since I'm the "cool mod" let me paint the picture for you.

1) you made sexually suggestive comments about unserage girls (this is in your post history)
2) said comments got you banned
3) you cried to get back here and were afforded an opportunity most didn't get
4) now you're crying that people are calling you out (in the OT)

<{hfved}>

This is absurd. I can't even laugh. Stop being an asshole. Better chance mods will help out. You're wasting everyone's time.

You don't think some of your past actions gave people pause? Not to mention it's not just mods who have questioned some past comments. You were a prior ban.

This is absolutely ridiculous. You should be doing your best to fly under the radar. Since I'm the "cool mod" let me paint the picture for you.

1) you made sexually suggestive comments about unserage girls (this is in your post history)
2) said comments got you banned
3) you cried to get back here and were afforded an opportunity most didn't get
4) now you're crying that people are calling you out (in the OT)

<{hfved}>

This is absurd. I can't even laugh. Stop being an asshole. Better chance mods will help out. You're wasting everyone's time.

I absolutely didn't beg or cry to come back. Two Mods came to me out of the blue and asked me if I was interested. I have proof.

I absolutely didn't beg or cry to come back. Two Mods came to me out of the blue and asked me if I was interested. I have proof.

Ok cool. I'm obviously not privy to this. What thread? Tell you what I will delete it but you have to be cool too. No pedo shit or toeing the line. I'll take you at your word. If you fuck you'll be the first non bot I ban

Ok cool. I'm obviously not privy to this. What thread? Tell you what I will delete it but you have to be cool too. No pedo shit or toeing the line. I'll take you at your word. If you fuck you'll be the first non bot I ban

I really appreciate the opportunity to come back after 3 long years. Since coming back I've never once posted anything underage. I know that few Mods didn't want me to come back and that's understandable. But there are several Mods that reached out to me. I made mistakes in the past and atoned for it. But the constant barrage of hate is getting out of control.

I really appreciate the opportunity to come back after 3 long years. Since coming back I've never once posted anything underage. I know that few Mods didn't want me to come back and that's understandable. But there are several Mods that reached out to me. I made mistakes in the past and atoned for it. But the constant barrage of hate is getting out of control.

Cool. I deleted the thread. Let me know if anything else comes up and keep your end of the bargain.

Although I appreciate your well thought out response, the comment you quoted was deleted. That thread is not the the place to discuss whether or not Whittaker is faking a possibly life threatening condition.
All good cheers for the response!

I had posted a thread in the UFC section titled "Nate Diaz believes he's The Real Champ" reporting on an IG post Nate had published earlier in the day where he says exactly that ("sincerely The Real Champ") but it seems to be deleted. I'm not sure why at all, other than perhaps my use of the word Conman for Conor?..but puns like that are made on the regular.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/nate-diaz-believes-hes-the-real-champ.3699231/

Was this done correctly or incorrectly, can a mod please shed light on this? @Arkridge @Jackonfire

I had posted a thread in the UFC section titled "Nate Diaz believes he's The Real Champ" reporting on an IG post Nate had published earlier in the day where he says exactly that ("sincerely The Real Champ") but it seems to be deleted. I'm not sure why at all, other than perhaps my use of the word Conman for Conor?..but puns like that are made on the regular.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/nate-diaz-believes-hes-the-real-champ.3699231/

Was this done correctly or incorrectly, can a mod please shed light on this? @Arkridge @Jackonfire
It was deleted because the thread had been posted already with the same instagram post.

It was deleted because the thread had been posted already with the same instagram post.

It should have been merged then.

Imagine losing an entire discussion, or posts through a deletion? Can it be brought back and just merged, that should have happened initially.

So can it be brought back and merged as it should have been? @Jackonfire

I've been searching using multiple keywords but cannot find that original thread for that topic anywhere. I want to post in there, but can't find it.

So can it be brought back and merged as it should have been? @Jackonfire

I've been searching using multiple keywords but cannot find that original thread for that topic anywhere. I want to post in there, but can't find it.
Taken care of

A senior mod I was speaking with asked I ask here about this deleted thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...ke-rockhold-vs-yoel-romero-is-a-lock.3706797/

It appears it was deleted by a mod who does not understand American betting odds.

TITLE: ATTENTION UFC BETTERS: Luke Rockhold vs.Yoel Romero is a lock!

OP: This looks like an arbitrage in the stock market.

Right now Luke is +150 on BetDSI: https://www.betdsi.eu/mma-betting/?TOKEN=HYF8nzUMOp0ARWzprkNf1mNd7ZgqdRLk

At the same time Yoel is +130 on 5Dimes: https://www.5dimes.eu/default.asp

In other words, If I bet $100 on both of them and Luke wins, I would win $50 and if Yoel wins I would win $30, no?
----------
It already had several replies and then seemed to vanish. Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back