Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood. Thanks for the response.

@Madmick, can you clarify your reasoning on the above for us? As I and other people have been having threads merged a lot lately, it seems some of us are clearly out of synch on the forum guidelines now. Why did Trump's diversity award get merged into the Charlottesville megathread, but your own two threads on Charlottesville not get merged? As in what quality did your threads possess that made them distinct enough in your eyes? It would be nice to know so that we can craft our threads more carefully in the future.

And also, could you clarify why you took offensene to the thread not being current? Is merging/dumping threads on historical events something that you will do regularly from now on, or was there something special about this case?
That factoid was already discussed last fall, and there was nothing contemporaneous about it when Supereem posted it on August 18th (it happened in 1986) that wasn't relevant to Charlottesville, and the backlash against Trump for the "false equivalence" of his public comments on the matter. There is no reason to create a discrete thread for material that has already been exhumed; a historical event that is only being cited recently in the context of another thread's events. Otherwise, why is that being posted? What is grounding it? It's not current, and it's not relevant without that more recent anchor. It made its first run right before the election back on September 4th, 2016, after Snopes took care to fact check the story printed by The American Mirror:
http://www.snopes.com/trump-received-ellis-island-award-in-1986/

Pertaining to my two threads on "Charlottesville". I did not make a thread about Charlottesville. I made a thread about the claims by Alex Jones that Soros was funding the protests that were breaking out across the country including in Durham and Chicago-- with a more recent, specific allegation leveled at Charlottesville. That merely broached the topic. If you read the thread you can see the discussion focused squarely on that question, and what evidence there is towards it, not Charlottesville or the details of the events that took place there. It's a Soros-Antifa thread. Charlottesville was just the most recent example where this topic became a point of interest thanks to Jones's comment, and spurred the discussion for the separate topic of professional protesters, and their funding.

I'm not sure what the second thread is you're talking about.
@Madmick, what game are you even talking about. You were never even mentioned in the thread. You seem mad about something.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/w...erman-schultz-awan-it-breach-scandal.3611403/

Untitled.jpg

@Madmick
Not at all, but I'm communicating to you that I'm not going to dither in a game where you try to create a new thread for a topic that already exists (in which you have posted repeatedly, and for which you have tried spamming threads in the past) while offering a thinly veiled pretense for dragging out a headline rather than posting updates to the story with links in the appropriate thread.

Your OP concerns a very specific story: about Wasserman-Schultz and her IT worker Amran. You make a deliberate effort to pre-empt an incoming/merge dump (that you know is appropriate) with this comment:
KlnOMega said:
Topic of the thread: Why the fuck is MSM so silent on this. In an article about the arrest, NYT even notes that they have been completely silent on the topic
While creatively acrobatic, all you have served to do is to create a thread that still preoccupies itself with that specific story about Wasserman-Schultz. Ergo it doesn't require a discrete thread. It isn't about a wider discussion on MSM suppression of stories.

Furthermore, it fails in the context of the facts of the thread itself.

For example, you said the New York Times hasn't covered the story, but in the OP itself there is coverage of the story dating back to the last major break (the arrest in the airport) on July 28th. I Googled for numerous other conservative sources, including The Hill and The Wall Street Journal, for example, and their coverage has been no more significant. Conversely, it mentions that the body covering the story the most closely is Tucker Carlson's The Daily Caller. Uh...that is the MSM.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller
Wikipedia said:
The Daily Caller was founded by Tucker Carlson and Neil Patel. After raising $3 million in funding from businessman Foster Friess, the website was launched on January 11, 2010. The organization started with a reporting staff of 21 in its Washington office.

By 2013, the site was receiving over 35 million views a month according to Quantcast, surpassing rival sites such as The Washington Times, Politico, and Forbes.[8] The site has an active community, with over 200,000 comments made each month.
Meanwhile, Tucker's current residence is also covering the story in updates:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-it-aide-expands-with-4-count-indictment.html
That is among the heart of the MSM.

So your proposition for why the thread should be discrete is hollow. This isn't about the MSM. It's about the NYT, and your grievance that they aren't covering a specific story to your satisfaction despite that you cannot accurately define this grievance. It's impossible to prove a negative.

This is simple, really: if you want to talk about Wasserman-Schultz and her IT guy, then post in the thread about Wasserman-Schultz and her IT guy. Complain about the lack of coverage there. Don't make 10 threads for the same topic.

Not at all, but I'm communicating to you that I'm not going to dither in a game where you try to create a new thread for a topic that already exists (in which you have posted repeatedly, and for which you have tried spamming threads in the past) while offering a thinly veiled pretense for dragging out a headline rather than posting updates to the story with links in the appropriate thread.

Your OP concerns a very specific story: about Wasserman-Schultz and her IT worker Amran. You make a deliberate effort to pre-empt an incoming/merge dump (that you know is appropriate) with this comment:

While creatively acrobatic, all you have served to do is to create a thread that still preoccupies itself with that specific story about Wasserman-Schultz. Ergo it doesn't require a discrete thread. It isn't about a wider discussion on MSM suppression of stories.

The only other thread that on this topic in the WR that I am aware of is a thread that is now more than a month old. The OP of that thread is literally a link to GatewayPundit with no text of the ts's own. It has not been kept updated.

Besides, just a few posts above your Ruprecht said that we don't have to dig back for old threads to necro.

As for other posts on this topic, the first thread by anyone on this was made me in March. You dumped that thread also, despite there not being a single other thread on this, so I'm calling bullshit on your excuse. You are selectively targetting my threads. Like I said, I made a thread about this story when the first details broke in March, and that thread has been dumped. You dumped threads on it for months until July. That is when someone else finally made a thread on it, and you've decided that is now the only thread that can exist on this evolving story. Same thing with the Fusion-GPS topic as well. I made threads on that when things first broke, and on many big developments that occured. You've merged every single one of them into unrelated topics. Someone else made a Fusion-GPS thread with an anemic OP that is again basically just a link and not much more...and you've made that one the designated Fusion-GPS thread.

If you want to force everything related to this to a single thread, you should restore that one back to the WarRoom, since it was the first, and allow me to keep it the OP updated.
Furthermore, it fails in the context of the facts of the thread itself.

For example, you said the New York Times hasn't covered the story, but in the OP itself there is coverage of the story dating back to the last major break (the arrest in the airport) on July 28th. I Googled for numerous other conservative sources, including The Hill and The Wall Street Journal, for example, and their coverage has been no more significant. Conversely, it mentions that the body covering the story the most closely is Tucker Carlson's The Daily Caller. Uh...that is the MSM.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller

Meanwhile, Tucker's current residence is also covering the story in updates:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-it-aide-expands-with-4-count-indictment.html
That is among the heart of the MSM.

So your proposition for why the thread should be discrete is hollow. This isn't about the MSM. It's about the NYT, and your grievance that they aren't covering a specific story to your satisfaction despite that you cannot accurately define this grievance. It's impossible to prove a negative.

This is simple, really: if you want to talk about Wasserman-Schultz and her IT guy, then post in the thread about Wasserman-Schultz and her IT guy. Complain about the lack of coverage there. Don't make 10 threads for the same topic.

Thats all great Mick, but thats your opinion. I have a different opinion of their coverage, and I argued why in the thread. This is something we should be arguing in the thread, but instead of engaging on the topic, like @computer fogie did in the thread, you've chosen to censor it like a coward.

You know damn well that thread broke no rules and was on an appropriate topic. There certainly isnt a danger of me cluttering the board when all I can find on this topic is a month old thread with anemic OP. Do the right thing and move the thread back to WR

Last edited:
That factoid was already discussed last fall, and there was nothing contemporaneous about it when Supereem posted it on August 18th (it happened in 1986) that wasn't relevant to Charlottesville, and the backlash against Trump for the "false equivalence" of his public comments on the matter. There is no reason to create a discrete thread for material that has already been exhumed; a historical event that is only being cited recently in the context of another thread's events. Otherwise, why is that being posted? What is grounding it? It's not current, and it's not relevant without that more recent anchor. It made its first run right before the election back on September 4th, 2016, after Snopes took care to fact check the story printed by The American Mirror:
http://www.snopes.com/trump-received-ellis-island-award-in-1986/

It was discussed last fall, so it can never be discussed again? I know I never knew about the diversity award until that thread popped up. And you keep mentioning "contemporaneous", but you are the only mod that does so. Are we allowed to make threads about things that aren't current or not? That isn't clarified anywhere in the rules, and you seem to be the only one who is concerned about topics on about stuff than happened in the 80's.

But OK, I understand your reasoning. You believe the topic was about an old subject, and was simply being brought up again because a recent event, so you merged it there. Let's see if you stay consistent...

Pertaining to my two threads on "Charlottesville". I did not make a thread about Charlottesville. I made a thread about the claims by Alex Jones that Soros was funding the protests that were breaking out across the country including in Durham and Chicago-- with a more recent, specific allegation leveled at Charlottesville. That merely broached the topic. If you read the thread you can see the discussion focused squarely on that question, and what evidence there is towards it, not Charlottesville or the details of the events that took place there. It's a Soros-Antifa thread. Charlottesville was just the most recent example where this topic became a point of interest thanks to Jones's comment, and spurred the discussion for the separate topic of professional protesters, and their funding.

I'm not sure what the second thread is you're talking about.

...and nope, broke consistency already. You are admitting here that your thread was spurred was by the Charlottesville thread. Your own link talks almost exclusively about Charlottesville, and I can find examples of threads about Soros and Protestors going back to January of last year:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/g...-protests-hopes-to-spur-civil-action.2916409/

Your thread fails the same criteria you are setting for other people.

It was discussed last fall, so it can never be discussed again? I know I never knew about the diversity award until that thread popped up. And you keep mentioning "contemporaneous", but you are the only mod that does so. Are we allowed to make threads about things that aren't current or not? That isn't clarified anywhere in the rules, and you seem to be the only one who is concerned about topics on about stuff than happened in the 80's.
A story that broke in September 2016, discussing an event from 1986, being brought up randomly in August 2017, with only a picture and a Snopes link (containing the picture), but no commentary, doesn't doesn't conform to OP guidelines, and offers no basis for its arbitrary posting. Nevertheless, I didn't see a reason to dump it. Seemed relevant, so I found it a home of relevance.
But OK, I understand your reasoning. You believe the topic was about an old subject, and was simply being brought up again because a recent event, so you merged it there. Let's see if you stay consistent...

...and nope, broke consistency already. You are admitting here that your thread was spurred was by the Charlottesville thread. Your own link talks almost exclusively about Charlottesville, and I can find examples of threads about Soros and Protestors going back to January of last year:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/g...-protests-hopes-to-spur-civil-action.2916409/

Your thread fails the same criteria you are setting for other people.
First, the OP of the thread you linked makes no mention of #antifa or Alex Jones, and doesn't even include a link, but only quoted text in that OP, and is a bit of a mess not conforming to OP guidelines. Meanwhile. I specifically stated in my OP:
"I am seeing the claim that "Soros funds #antifa" being made repeatedly, and in great volume, quite nonchalantly as if it is as widely accepted a fact as gravity, across the board, and not just in the Charlottesville thread, but in any threads where #antifa becomes a topic of interest."

Thus, the OP itself specifically contradicts your inference. It was not spurred by the Charlottesville thread, but many threads, and I traced the outbreak to the Jones story, so I used that to pose the question rather than participate in some specific ongoing headline cycle. Again, the thread didn't preoccupy itself with Charlottesville, but also pointed to Boston deliberately to broaden the topic focus that wasn't any specific protest. Furthermore, Jones didn't limit his accusation to the notion that Soros & Clinton are funding the #BLM or #antifa-type protesters, but included the allegation that they were funding posers to dress up as white supremacists themselves. New twist, and a lot of meat on the bone, there.

Finally, most importantly, Jones and his commentary on Charlottesville ground the thread in the present, because that story (about Jones accusing Soros/Clinton of staging the protest by funding both sides at Charlottesville) broke in August 2017, not September 2016, which justifies it despite that the thread's focus is a subject separate from specifically that, and despite that this focus has also has been visited (at least partially) on the board before. Using your logic I might also nonsensically merge it to a past Wikileak thread. There's a story concerning Charlottesville, but not limited to it, grounding a well-constructed OP that isn't preoccupied with Charlottesville in the present.
The only other thread that on this topic in the WR that I am aware of is a thread that is now more than a month old. The OP of that thread is literally a link to GatewayPundit with no text of the ts's own. It has not been kept updated.

Besides, just a few posts above your Ruprecht said that we don't have to dig back for old threads to necro.

As for other posts on this topic, the first thread by anyone on this was made me in March. You dumped that thread also, despite there not being a single other thread on this, so I'm calling bullshit on your excuse.

If you want to force everything related to this to a single thread, you should restore that one back to the WarRoom, since it was the first, and allow me to keep it the OP updated.
No, actually, it wasn't.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...-muslims-wasnt-russia.3465199/#post-127002529
Don't remember why yours got dumped, but you started a thread in March for an ongoing and highly specific headline cycle that broke from a story in February via The Daily Caller. If you don't want your threads to be merged or dumped, I would suggest using the Search Box before you create a new thread, and not after it gets dumped, here in Support.
Thats all great Mick, but thats your opinion. I have a different opinion of their coverage, and I argued why in the thread. This is something we should be arguing in the thread, but instead of engaging on the topic, let like @computer fogie did in the thread, you've chosen to censor it like a coward.

You know damn well that thread broke no rules and was on an appropriate topic. There certainly isnt a danger of me cluttering the board when all I can find on this topic is a month old thread with anemic OP. Do the right thing and move the thread back to WR
I have not stated opinions. I have stated facts. You stated opinions that turned out to be untrue-- staked your thread's distinctiveness and pretense for existing on these untruths. Moreover, you tried setting a clever precedent based on a negative by exclaiming that the journalistic story justifying your thread is a non-story. That's boundless. That's why it was dumped, and why it will stay dumped.

You also didn't make an ounce of an effort to defend its basis for existence on this pretense, here, about MSM suppression of coverage, arguing only that debate over whether a thread merits existence belongs in the thread itself, which obviously doesn't make sense, but instead have complained about your lack of OP control over the thread for this continuing Wasserman/Imran story, and demanded that your March thread on the matter be restored to rectify this.

Do you not see how transparent that makes your intentions with the creation of the thread?

That thread is just a link a picture, which you literally just said a few paragraphs up violates the thread starting guidelines. Make up your damn mind.
Also, that title isn't descriptive at all, and is easy to miss in a search. None of the names of key players are used in the thread title, nor are specific actions such as "house data breach". It is completely unreasonable to expect someone to find that in a search.

Don't remember why yours got dumped, but you started a thread in March for an ongoing and highly specific headline cycle that broke from a story in February via The Daily Caller. If you don't want your threads to be merged or dumped, I would suggest using the Search Box before you create a new thread, and not after it gets dumped, here in Support.

Maybe this will jog your memory:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/threads-unjustly-merged-and-dumped.3580229/

I have not stated opinions. I have stated facts.

No, you have stated opinions, and they even conflict with those of the New York Times. You are saying that the mainstream media has sufficiently covered this topic, whereas the New York Times article literally begins by saying that many in the mainstream media have not paid attention to this story. Furthermore, and I its becoming quite clear that you don't understand much of what you read, you can see I used the fact their last article on this was in July as evidence for their non-coverage. I gave examples of many developments in the story that have occured since then that New York Times has not covered.

You stated opinions that turned out to be untrue-- staked your thread's distinctiveness and pretense for existing on these untruths. Moreover, you tried setting a clever precedent based on a negative by exclaiming that the journalistic story justifying your thread is a non-story. That's boundless. That's why it was dumped, and why it will stay dumped.

The thread had many pages of discussion, including another posts from another moderator. Many posters agreed with me. Many did not. But more importantly his was clearly a topic people were interested in talking about, and you shut that down for all of us because you are buttblasted someone called out the rag you waste your paycheck on.

You also didn't make an ounce of an effort to defend its basis for existence on this pretense, here, about MSM suppression of coverage, arguing only that debate over whether a thread merits existence belongs in the thread itself, which obviously doesn't make sense, but instead have complained about your lack of OP control over the thread for this continuing Wasserman/Imran story, and demanded that your March thread on the matter be restored to rectify this.

Do you not see how transparent that makes your intentions with the creation of the thread?

I created a thread to talk about the media's coverage of the Awan/data breach scandal and that's exactly what the tread discussed. You are assigning me some super secret motives and then demanding that I debunk you? That's stupid and unreasonable, and I don't need to that. What you are doing is transparent to everyone, btw. I am arguing that the thread was good enough to stand on its own, because it was. Just like you had a topic that you wanted to discuss in Alex Jone's comments about Soros/Protestors, that may have been discussed previously but only in old threads with barebones OPs, so did I. As much as you want to think I'm some Russian spy or something here to hack the forum or whatever, I'm not. I want to discuss aspects of the House Date Breach, the facts pertaining to the case, and additionally the media (non)coverage of it. Clearly, other posters were also interested in discussing but you are stamping out all of that by over-moderating. I'm not complaining about lack of control over an OP, I'm pointing out, just as you did for the other threads, that the OP in low quality. If you wish to confine all discussion of this broad and developing to one thread, thats fair, but you should update the OP and title for us to reflect recent developments, or just give me a thread that I can curate if you don't have the time. Otherwise, anything new that happens is buried behind old and outdated information.

Let me ask you this: Why not just ban me? If you aren't going to let me come here and have a discussion with other people, just take my account away. If you have set some forum and I am continually breaching it, you are more than justified to kick me out. That's honestly preferable to you just following me around deleting my threads as they pop up, and its less work for both of us.

Last edited:
I've sufficiently explained my reasons, and don't intend to chase my tail in a circle, anymore. Besides, @klnOmega, for a guy who complains so much about the Rules/Guidelines, you don't seem to care too much about following them:
Dear All

In addendum to the above guideline:

Any questions regarding a thread move, merge or deletion are to be put in this thread:

Any complaints about moderation can be forwarded to myself or @Tachy, @Peteyandjia @Lethal by the personal messaging system.

Complaint threads and posts outside of these avenues are subject to deletion and potentially infractions at the discretion of the moderators, as this behaviour disrupts the threads and forums.
Regards,
Freshly made:
Link:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/31/politics/comey-clinton-investigation/index.html
Sorry for the CNN (very fake news) link, but its the only way to ensure Madmick doesn't dump the thread.

Boy, Comey's reputation has not aged well at all. So we now know that the State department contacted the FBI and offered them a building in Afghanistan in exchange for them turning a blind eye to some of Clinton's classified emails, we know that Loretta Lynch ordered them to not refer to this as an "investigation", and just before the announcement not to indict was made, she was caught having a private meeting with Bill on his private jet. And now on top of all of that, we have Comey drafting his statement to let her off before they investigation was even finished.

This investigation was a complete farce. I hope Trump and Sessons can give us a proper one this time.

Stop acting like you are invested in the rules, or their integrity.

I've sufficiently explained my reasons, and don't intend to chase my tail in a circle, anymore. Besides, @klnOmega, for a guy who complains so much about the Rules/Guidelines, you don't seem to care too much about following them:

Freshly made:

Stop acting like you are invested in the rules, or their integrity.

That's not a complaint. I'm giving my reason for using CNN, since I know people are going to call me a hypocrite because of how critical of them I have been in the past. And I know that if I dont use a link to CNN, you are going to dump my thread and make one with a CNN link.

Sorry it's not to your liking, but I know two threads on the subject in particular were deleted because they turned into flame wars, it was not due to criticism. The emoji came directly pre made from the shoop thread, was heavily requested and also approved by staff overhead us at the forum level The event is still fresh but over time it'll cool down.

plenty of threads turned into flame wars are kept

plenty of threads turned into flame wars are kept
We can only handle posts that we see. If posters are flaming you just report the post and it'll be looked at by a staff member.

There's way too much traffic along with several different sub forums, so if it's not reported it's highly likely that it won't be seen.

Some of you mods are absolutely unqualified.
rLCelso.png

Deleted the whole fucking thread. Why the fuck can't people discuss these issues without SJW mods set tripping and emo-modding threads?

Activist mods are scum. You need to answer for your actions and your squelching of speech.

You should have read the thread. It was based on a single unsourced statistic, that turned out to be a wild exaggeration. I posted proof of that in the thread.

This is total bullshit. The analysis quoted in the article was widely reported on, including by Fox News. Your proof was articles from last year, and projections.

You got embarrassed, then you pathetically blamed the alt right. Then disappeared when I'll called you out.

You're a disgrace to open discourse.

I went ahead and moved your innapropriate complaint thread into here, the place where you should come in the future to ask questions about thread deletions/merges.
I also suggest reading up on forum guidelines, because you're straying into infraction territory with inappropriate thread placement after already being instructed about it.

I dumped your thread because it was an obvious racebait that was already falling apart- not because of derails, but because your OP was shoddy and didnt really belong in the WR anyway.
I deleted the thread because I told you that would happen if you didnt move the complaining from there to support.

Have to agree about the last thread deleted, totally uncalled for. Funny how the black commenters didn't think it was racebaiting...

I had a thread deleted today because a mod was embarrassed one too many times.

If I want to visit butthurt Hillary supporters anonymous, I'll just go to reddit.

Let's keep the war room a place for discussion, not an echo chamber.

I dumped your thread because it was an obvious racebait that was already falling apart- not because of derails, but because your OP was shoddy and didnt really belong in the WR anyway.
Your explanation is trash. This is all bullshit. You're just flexing on people you disagree with. It's absolutely obvious.

Have to agree about the last thread deleted, totally uncalled for. Funny how the black commenters didn't think it was racebaiting...

I had a thread deleted today because a mod was embarrassed one too many times.

If I want to visit butthurt Hillary supporters anonymous, I'll just go to reddit.

Let's keep the war room a place for discussion, not an echo chamber.
No way, bruh. @Limbo Pete is the arbiter of good discussion. He must know a lot that we do not, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back