Watching Muay Thai in Thailand

laugh@u

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm heading to Thailand in the next few months, and wanted to check out some Muay Thai. I understand that the two best stadiums are between Rajadamnern and New Lumpinee Stadium. However, I can't figure out which one is better to go to . I hear that Raja is more convenient, but Lumpinee has the better, and more elite, fights. Does anyone have experience with either one, and which one would you recommend?

^I agree here, both are pretty much equal in terms of competition. However, I've heard that the new Lumpinee stadium can be harder to get to because of the traffic around its location (and the fights usually start around 6:30, so it can be rush hour traffic), and if you plan on training at all, raja usually gives discounts (or at least used to) to people training at an affiliated gym. Also, since raja is located in the downtown area, it may be easier access from where you are staying and there could more attractions around. Not exactly the answer to your question, but I figured it may be convenient to know. Anyway, I'm incredibly envious of your opportunity haha, have fun.

Last edited:
^I agree here, both are pretty much equal in terms of competition. However, I've heard that the new Lumpinee stadium can be harder to get to because of the traffic around its location (and the fights usually start around 6:30, so it can be rush hour traffic), and if you plan on training at all, raja usually gives discounts (or at least used to) to people training at an affiliated gym. Also, since raja is located in the downtown area, it may be easier access from where you are staying and there could more attractions around. Not exactly the answer to your question, but I figured it may be convenient to know. Anyway, I'm incredibly envious of your opportunity haha, have fun.

Thanks! I’m super excited. Only thing that I really really want to see in Thailand.

Rajadamnern is a cooler place to visit. They are both about the same in terms of the quality of fights. I heard lumpinee was more prestigious back then, but nowadays it seems like they both are about the same. In some cases, the championship titles aren't so relevant as indicators of the best fighters.

Raja has the lion's share of biggest fights these days and the average fight there is of higher quality; ever since the new Lumpinee stadium was built.

Last edited:
I'm heading to Thailand in the next few months, and wanted to check out some Muay Thai. I understand that the two best stadiums are between Rajadamnern and New Lumpinee Stadium. However, I can't figure out which one is better to go to . I hear that Raja is more convenient, but Lumpinee has the better, and more elite, fights. Does anyone have experience with either one, and which one would you recommend?

Ive been to old lumpini before it was KO'd, Rajadamnern, Omnoi (channel 7), and Rangsit.

Of all the stadiums Rangsit was actually my favorite. It's set up for TV, nice seating, well positioned ring, ramp, big screen, commentators booth etc. I have extra fond memories of it though because I went with the Kaewsamrit crew and got to go backstage in the dressing rooms and watch from behind the curtain during one of our fighters walk outs.

Second would be old lumpini, was just a one of a kind vibe, with the rabid gamblers fenced out behind you, the proximity to the ring etc. If you're after that more authentic experience, go Raja these days I would say.

Was at Raja back in March and shit it was awesome sitting ringside catching Pet U Tong and Seskan. Raja being around 70yrs old (?) has that nostalgic feel and to it. I'll be back in Bangkok this Saturday for 2 weeks and I'm looking at attending again

Ive been to old lumpini before it was KO'd, Rajadamnern, Omnoi (channel 7), and Rangsit.

Of all the stadiums Rangsit was actually my favorite. It's set up for TV, nice seating, well positioned ring, ramp, big screen, commentators booth etc. I have extra fond memories of it though because I went with the Kaewsamrit crew and got to go backstage in the dressing rooms and watch from behind the curtain during one of our fighters walk outs.

Second would be old lumpini, was just a one of a kind vibe, with the rabid gamblers fenced out behind you, the proximity to the ring etc. If you're after that more authentic experience, go Raja these days I would say.

I liked the old Lumpini stadium........

I'd go to Raja for convenience factor, history, and cat piss ambiance for the true Muay Thai experience.

was omnoi channel 7 before? i thought channel 7 has their own stadium and omnoi is mainly channel 3 and 5 fights on the weekends?

was omnoi channel 7 before? i thought channel 7 has their own stadium and omnoi is mainly channel 3 and 5 fights on the weekends?

I was under the impression that Omnoi was Channel 7, but I could very well be wrong.

I was under the impression that Omnoi was Channel 7, but I could very well be wrong.

channel 7 "stadium" is basically their own tv studio with a ring in the middle. omnoi and new lumpinee are basically in the middle of nowhere compared to raja and channel 7, both of which are in bangkok city centre.

Last edited:
Glad I found this thread. I'm on my way to Thailand in January to train.

channel 7 "stadium" is basically their own tv studio with a ring in the middle. omnoi and new lumpini are basically in the middle of nowhere compared to raja and channel 7, both of which are in bangkok city centre.

Thanks for the info. It was definitely Omnoi that I went to, I was incorrect about it and channel 7 being the same structure.

Glad I found this thread. I'm on my way to Thailand in January to train.
Watching muaythai in thailand is about as close as you can get to an orgasm without actually having an orgasm. If you're close enough you might get bits of sweat or blood in your padthai which after a few beers doesn't really matter tbh. Also do not make eye contact with any of the Thai gamblers and stay away for Sebastian. He's a dick.

Thanks for the info. It was definitely Omnoi that I went to, I was incorrect about it and channel 7 being the same structure.

all good man, might save you from the trouble from heading out all the way out to omnoi thinking you were going to a channel 7 show lol

i also just checked to see how far exactly (i think it was about an hour and a bit drive) omnoi was out from bangkok city centre and google said it was permanently closed for some reason...can't be.

Watching muaythai in thailand is about as close as you can get to an orgasm without actually having an orgasm. If you're close enough you might get bits of sweat or blood in your padthai which after a few beers doesn't really matter tbh. Also do not make eye contact with any of the Thai gamblers and stay away for Sebastian. He's a dick.
Be honest, you had one you sick fuck...

all good man, might save you from the trouble from heading out all the way out to omnoi thinking you were going to a channel 7 show lol

i also just checked to see how far exactly (i think it was about an hour and a bit drive) omnoi was out from bangkok city centre and google said it was permanently closed for some reason...can't be.

I saw that too, not sure what to make of it. It was like 5 years ago that I went.

By chance do you know of any stadiums up north near Chiang Mai?

Back