water fasting, anyone tried it?

well i just ate because i was starving so i failed lol

at least im doing IF

Sounds extremely unhealthy.

It's probably good to have a goal day, just so you don't feel like a quitter? if that makes sense? I remember around day 8, I wanted to quit. I was sitting in a restaurant and guys were taunting me with pizza and nachos, passing them back and forth to each other in front of me. But I had come that far and I wasn't going to quit then. Most people would have said "oh you did eight days, you should be proud of yourself. Eat up," but I said 10 days and I was going to do 10 days. I made sure I told some people too, not everyone, just so I'd keep my word to myself.

Your goal doesn't have to be unrealistic or overly tough. Build on whatever you've fasted before for Ramadan maybe and go from there?

Also I should add, water is the superior fast to any juice fast. Dr. Furhman gets into the science of it as it is more aggressive and also it helps to spare protein in your body after I believe 72 hours for males. If you do a juice fast you are essentially in starvation mode as calories are being introduced to your body and there is a different physiological process going on. May have explained why I stopped losing weight after day 7 of the day 10 fast. I'm not sure.

i think youre right, i need to set a goal and work towards it

I've never really thought about trying this. So how do you garner enough energy to make it through the week without feeling sluggish? Especially if you want to work out a couple days a week, or should you not workout during this?

I'm gonna do some research.

apparently youre suppose to feel just as energetic when fasting as oppose to when not fasting

A lot of people will do one day on, one day off stuff. It's kind of like entry level fasting, as long as you don't overdo your calories on the day you do eat.

well i just ate because i was starving so i failed lol

at least im doing IF
a8y74q1_700b.jpg

I, too, want to know the benefits.

I've seen a lot of threads about it here.

ive gone on some pretty extended water prayer/fasts over the years, I would highly recommend it

but yea the first couple days are awful with the dehydration headaches

All I'm really seeing (from websites I would hardly consider to be credible sources) is that fasting from water MAY trigger autophagy, which could be considered a benefit.

This is a joke, right? Fasting from water? We are something like 85% water. There is no health benefit from depriving yourself of it, and as for the weight loss, it's water weight - the effects will not last and are not healthy means of losing weight.

Try eating more produce, and less fast food, and running once in a while.

hey peeps im starting water fasting today,
was wondering if anyone else has tried it?
I did it for 6 days on nothing but drinking a mixture of water, squeezed lemon juice and honey. Nothing else. Fuck that noise again, I couldnt do it now that I have lil kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back